zwere

Mar 27, 2020
I was wondering if this thread had gotten spicy since I haven't seen any major news about this game in a hot minute and boy were the last few pages a popcorn read. My two cents are that it's silly to call this specific project out for stringing along patrons to milk them dry with an unfinished project. They wouldn't have committed to giving a final release deadline if that was their intention in the first place. And I'd say 6 years is a fairly respectable dev cycle for a small team if they can stick the landing with the final release. As far as the dramatics that unfolded here are concerned, I think Mirthal's initial response was alright. No one likes being accused of essentially swindling people. Think people overreacted by shitting on the effort/length of that post. But then most further responses from him seemed more salt infused and overly defensive. I give the whole thing a 6.5/10 in terms of entertainment.

Reactions: Artix0 and krchmar

AnisNIK

Feb 23, 2023
I was wondering if this thread had gotten spicy since I haven't seen any major news about this game in a hot minute and boy were the last few pages a popcorn read. My two cents are that it's silly to call this specific project out for stringing along patrons to milk them dry with an unfinished project. They wouldn't have committed to giving a final release deadline if that was their intention in the first place. And I'd say 6 years is a fairly respectable dev cycle for a small team if they can stick the landing with the final release. As far as the dramatics that unfolded here are concerned, I think Mirthal's initial response was alright. No one likes being accused of essentially swindling people. Think people overreacted by shitting on the effort/length of that post. But then most further responses from him seemed more salt infused and overly defensive. I give the whole thing a 6.5/10 in terms of entertainment.
6 years for a small game like this? No. 1 year would be a stretch. You had japanese devs making several games that have more length and have more scenes in the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: Kisama33

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
6 years for a small game like this? No. 1 year would be a stretch. You had japanese devs making several games that have more length and have more scenes in the same time.
It's true, but quality also matters. Japense game usually have terrible writing and censored generic anime art. Add to it MTL and you get unplayable crap.
Also Aurelia is almost completed, so it dosen't really matter how long it took. Just don't play unfinished games and don't support anyone on Patreon. When he gets full game on Steam - buy it.

Reactions: Artix0

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
I'd be surprised if any of these devs you mention:
A) Have single digit contributors to the project
B) Are completely indie, even having a publisher that supports indie devs is a huge deal
C) Don't churn out RPGMaker slop, I don't care how much quantity they output if it's another generic, uninspired nothingburger

At least give several examples of developers that release anything of similar quality to Aurelia yearly. And aren't part of a massive company.

4.80 star(s) 164 Votes