EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
cover.png

Overview:
When you play deck-building games, there are times when an abnormal card is mixed in with the cards in your hand.
If you use them, you may be at a disadvantage, but if you don’t use them, you may be in more trouble.
If you fall for ……, it may be too late.
The next thing you know, you find yourself irrevocably “stacked” with “anomalies” or “robbed” of cards from your deck.
Or you may have been “brainwashed” or “mentally controlled” by “hypnosis” or “brainwashing”.​

Thread Updated: 2024-07-18
Release Date: 2024-07-17
Original Title: AvariceDungeon デバフカードや状態異常だらけの男性受けデッキ構築ローグライト
Developer: RR Research Society -
Censored: Yes (Mosaics)
Version: 1.00
Language: English, Japanese
Store:
Other Games: Link
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - - - -

smpl1.png smpl2.png smpl3.png smpl4.png smpl5.png smpl6.png

Szarala

Nov 6, 2018
I'll give it a shot, but given this dev's pretty consistent track record of good concept, but poor execution and sadistic difficulty, I'm not holding my breath.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
The built in English appears to be machine translated. So far the combat/dungeon exploration doesn't seem complicated enough to cause problems, but it's certainly not helping the story telling/character building and such. I'm going to guess the H scenes will probably be pretty robotic/silly at this rate.

English text on the cards is super tiny too, doesn't seem the dev tested this for English language users. It's hard to read even at fullscreen.

Edit: If you choose to upgrade a card at a bonefire, if you have no cards to upgrade, you might get frozen in place and have to exit the game. Be careful.

Last edited:

Bastus

May 1, 2021
View attachment 3841786

Overview:
When you play deck-building games, there are times when an abnormal card is mixed in with the cards in your hand.
If you use them, you may be at a disadvantage, but if you don’t use them, you may be in more trouble.
If you fall for ……, it may be too late.
The next thing you know, you find yourself irrevocably “stacked” with “anomalies” or “robbed” of cards from your deck.
Or you may have been “brainwashed” or “mentally controlled” by “hypnosis” or “brainwashing”.​

Thread Updated: 2024-07-18
Release Date: 2024-07-17
Original Title: AvariceDungeon デバフカードや状態異常だらけの男性受けデッキ構築ローグライト
Developer: RR Research Society -
Censored: Yes (Mosaics)
Version: 1.00
Language: English, Japanese
Store:
Other Games: Link
Genre:

Installation:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

View attachment 3841787 View attachment 3841788 View attachment 3841789 View attachment 3841790 View attachment 3841791 View attachment 3841792

Ah one of those if you play incorrectly you miss out on the content games.

Reactions: Arabi1

Arabi1

Donor
Oct 23, 2023
Thanks for the share.

I was initially attracted to the game when I saw the strategy tag, but given the developer's poor reviews on their other games, this doesn't bode well.

grimbeer

Feb 12, 2021
I got at far as the Enter Your Name type screen. Despite entering English as my language, I was stuck with Japanese characters and couldn't figure out how to reach the OKAY button hidden behind it.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
My write up from another thread, not turning this into a review since I haven't progressed far into the game:

Did an initial play through of the first dungeon in Avarice Dungeon. Overall enjoying the new game. It has a built in machine translation for English so you can somewhat understand the plot, defeat scenes, debuffs & card/ability text.

Gameplay is basically a dungeon rogue-like using cards as your typical rpg abilities, similar to Pandora's Forest if you played that game. With this being an RR Research Society game the focus is status effects. The enemies will inflict you with many status effects that do many things (e.g. making you more susceptible to hypnosis, making you get horny when the enemy steals a card permanently, filling your hand with non-discardable bad effect cards, etc.). The card system only allows you to have at a max 5 cards in your hand at one time. At the start of each turn you redraw to a full hand.

Depending on the difficulty you start with either have 99 resurrections (easy) or none (hard but I assume this is the way it was meant to be played). If you have resurrection(s) and lose you can resurrect and either refight the fight you lost on or revive and move on skipping that fight and the rewards. Chapter progression is locked either by clearing the prior chapter or spending earned tokens.

Once your run ends you are evaluated and given tokens to spend for permanent buffs. The tokens are used like in other rogue-like games, giving resurrections for each run, increasing money gain, more rerolls, max hp, extra cards, or powering up your chosen weapon. Also seems like after certain conditions (e.g losing multiple times to certain enemies) they may steal those tokens (so nothing seems to be safe from your degeneracy). Not sure if certain enemies could affect power-ups bought in between runs but with this dev I wouldn't be surprised. New weapons (assuming these are different deck types) to start with unlock as you progress through the chapters.

Exploring the dungeon allows you to fight weak, elite, or boss mobs, visit shops, rest at a camp fire to heal or power-up a card, or experience an non-fighting event. The events involve enemies you can encounter, only did one but it ended up with me talking with the card thief girl who left me with a permanent debuff that makes my lust increase when my cards are stolen in battle.

Debuffs stack up making them more effective on hurting your chances for victory. Additionally they carry over between runs. After a run you can "resolve" any of the debuffs if you want a fresh run or leave them for a more challenging run. Also the enemies do remember you and react accordingly but they too can be "forgotten". These mechanics are present to prevent soft/hard locking your runs.

Not sure if cards stolen in one run are lost for good or not... Needs further "testing"...

Do note, this is an RR Research Society game with built-in MTL so expect some minor text issues (lost coloring on long text or where the text goes off screen) and I did encounter one crash due to a handling error. The game uses auto save only so your progress isn't lost if it crashes mid-fight. I'm hoping there will be a patch in the near future correcting these issues.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I got at far as the Enter Your Name type screen. Despite entering English as my language, I was stuck with Japanese characters and couldn't figure out how to reach the OKAY button hidden behind it.
Overwrite the System.json in the www/data folder with the file attached. Or open the System.json file with a text editor and change the ja_JP to en_US. This will change the game input to US localization and allow you to use English character input and not have weird spacing between the English name letters.

*Note - Not sure if that will mess up any current saves. Just to be safe, I deleted my save file and restarted a new save

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
AvariceDungeon-1.0
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​