alrip

Oct 19, 2022
This is a workaround not a fix.
I've messed around with the js files to see if I can get the error to go away and it works to some degree. Since pressing the retry button seemed to work in pushing the dialog forward i figured there might be a way to bypass the error message. I haven't tested it past the first fights (SO MAKE SURE TO BACKUP). You need to replace rpg_core.js with this version of the file. Path: hontai/www/js

For people that actually care and transparency I've replaced this part of the code

JavaScript:
ResourceHandler.createLoader = function(url, retryMethod, resignMethod, retryInterval) {
    retryInterval = retryInterval || this._defaultRetryInterval;
    var reloaders = this._reloaders;
    var retryCount = 0;
    return function() {
        if (retryCount < retryInterval.length) {
            setTimeout(retryMethod, retryInterval[retryCount]);
            retryCount++;
        } else {
            if (resignMethod) {
                resignMethod();
            }
            if (url) {
                if (reloaders.length === 0) {
                    Graphics.printLoadingError(url);
                    SceneManager.stop();
                }
                reloaders.push(function() {
                    retryCount = 0;
                    retryMethod();
                });
            }
        }
    };
};
With this:
Code:
ResourceHandler.createLoader = function(url, retryMethod, resignMethod, retryInterval) {
    var retryCount = 0;
    return function() {
            retryCount++;
        } else {
            if (resignMethod) {
                resignMethod();
            }
            if (url) {
                    ResourceHandler.retry();
                }
                    retryCount = 0;
                    retryMethod();
                });
            }
        }
    };
};

Last edited:

tankie123

Nov 17, 2017
The issue appears to be that it was uploaded from non-Japanese language settings, so all of the file names that were Japanese are corrupted. Especially noticeable in the readmes and the sound effects files, most of which are corrupted. The version should be fine, but this upload is no good.
i just downloaded jpn language pack , set country to japan , regional format to japan , and language for non-unicode programs to japan without the Beta: checkmark , rebooted and was able to unzip the game with all the question mark files but this time in their jpn language , whatever of the above helped - will help to others too , win11 btw but should be about the same on 10 or 7

unless the problem lays inside rpgmvo files , haven't played the game so if so then yeah will have to just swap files from old ver , tried to run story of some pink haired girl , fighting maho and ayaka inside it , no issues so far and music plays , not going to play the game though but i guess rpgmvo files are fine and so are the pictures (unless i need to go to some specific stage), but if it's not some specific stage, then i guess one just gotta unzip the game twice in a way which i wrote above
attached a pic of how a proper unzip of this upload looks like explorer_EcY13Z9ZuU.png explorer_F7A9gKqFxw.png

if any of you have question marks then you've messed up during unzipping

anyways i had some free time so i decided to upload it to all of you , here's a properly unzipped v1.101 ver , with an applied v4 patch on top of it , and then system.json patch on top of that (from the end of page 1) < i don't know if that's the right way of applying patches but if it's not you can just fix that on your own easily by rewriting the system json with the v4 patch's one
you will be able to extract (requires winrar/winzip/7z software) this 7z and play this game just fine on the machines which show the uploaded zip on F95 as question marks -

Last edited:

garetfarendan

Jun 7, 2020
i just downloaded jpn language pack , set country to japan , regional format to japan , and language for non-unicode programs to japan without the Beta: checkmark , rebooted and was able to unzip the game with all the question mark files but this time in their jpn language , whatever of the above helped - will help to others too , win11 btw but should be about the same on 10 or 7

unless the problem lays inside rpgmvo files , haven't played the game so if so then yeah will have to just swap files from old ver , tried to run story of some pink haired girl , fighting maho and ayaka inside it , no issues so far and music plays , not going to play the game though but i guess rpgmvo files are fine and so are the pictures (unless i need to go to some specific stage), but if it's not some specific stage, then i guess one just gotta unzip the game twice in a way which i wrote above
attached a pic of how a proper unzip of this upload looks like View attachment 4111265 View attachment 4111269

if any of you have question marks then you've messed up during unzipping

anyways i had some free time so i decided to upload it to all of you , here's a properly unzipped v1.101 ver , with an applied v4 patch on top of it , and then system.json patch on top of that (from the end of page 1) < i don't know if that's the right way of applying patches but if it's not you can just fix that on your own easily by rewriting the system json with the v4 patch's one
you will be able to extract (requires winrar/winzip/7z software) this 7z and play this game just fine on the machines which show the uploaded zip on F95 as question marks -
That one seems to work, awesome. Thanks.

Reactions: tankie123

AngelGrace

Nov 1, 2022
For people who are waiting, the two new enemies are a regular and a boss. The regular one is petrification fetish and the boss centers around greed corruption.

Succubus Hunter

Devoted Member
May 19, 2020
This is a workaround not a fix.
I've messed around with the js files to see if I can get the error to go away and it works to some degree. Since pressing the retry button seemed to work in pushing the dialog forward i figured there might be a way to bypass the error message. I haven't tested it past the first fights (SO MAKE SURE TO BACKUP). You need to replace rpg_core.js with this version of the file. Path: hontai/www/js

For people that actually care and transparency I've replaced this part of the code

JavaScript:
    var retryCount = 0;
    return function() {
            retryCount++;
        } else {
            if (resignMethod) {
                resignMethod();
            }
            if (url) {
                    Graphics.printLoadingError(url);
                    SceneManager.stop();
                }
                    retryCount = 0;
                    retryMethod();
                });
            }
        }
    };
};
With this:
Code:
    var retryCount = 0;
    return function() {
            retryCount++;
        } else {
            if (resignMethod) {
                resignMethod();
            }
            if (url) {
                    ResourceHandler.retry();
                }
                    retryCount = 0;
                    retryMethod();
                });
            }
        }
    };
};
Thank you for making and sharing this workaround (y)

KamuiYamiyo

Nov 29, 2023
I have a quick little solution for the annoying error message “Failed to load audio”.
In the file rpg_core.js line 9296 and 9297 insert 2 “//” at the beginning.
This means that no more error messages are displayed and the game simply continues to run.
Have fun playing the game :)

Jun 2, 2022
right. nintendo, sega, square, capcom, fromsoftware, konami... all of them well known for their terrible games.
My man Fromsoft literally had a bug where having over 30 FPS in Dark Souls ate twice as much durability on your weapons and Blighttown was nigh-unplayable.

Yes, japs can't code for shit. I will die on this hill.

momomama29148

Aug 2, 2022
I have a quick little solution for the annoying error message “Failed to load audio”.
In the file rpg_core.js line 9296 and 9297 insert 2 “//” at the beginning.
This means that no more error messages are displayed and the game simply continues to run.
Have fun playing the game :)
Thanks a lot, it works fine for now.

Reiiama

Jul 18, 2019
So... I actually want to pay for this game because it's pretty great... but I have no way to practically purchase it because of all the typical payment methods becoming unavailable. Anyone have any tips on how I can get money to that Circle?

t-rex42

May 28, 2018
So... I actually want to pay for this game because it's pretty great... but I have no way to practically purchase it because of all the typical payment methods becoming unavailable. Anyone have any tips on how I can get money to that Circle?
You should still be able to buy points and then use them on dlsite. Unless the CC companies decided to track down the intermediaries.

Tipping on their ci-en is another way, though it might also have the same troubles with CC companies as dlsite itself.

AngelGrace

Nov 1, 2022
You should still be able to buy points and then use them on dlsite. Unless the CC companies decided to track down the intermediaries.

Tipping on their ci-en is another way, though it might also have the same troubles with CC companies as dlsite itself.
It does (it's actually run by the same people) I had to give up all of my ci-en artists. Which sucks because now all I have is Pixiv and it's all AI trash.

AngelGrace

Nov 1, 2022
Trash is trash regardless of what tool it is made with.
Okay like, set aside the ethics of AI (Or LLM which is what it is).
I have a huge corruption fetish, right? So when the AI art first hit the scene I was excited as fuck, because it was doing bodysuits, lewd crests, and corruption really well.
But it didn't take me long to realize that most of the image sets were 20 images just slightly adjusted. I've done generation myself, I know how hard the output can be, but I can't help but wonder how many generations it took to get those images.
And on top of that, it just floods tags with a lot of samey art, which is very frequently the 20 image image set I mentioned above. It gets boring.

I don't hate the way it looks, but between the tags getting flooded and people pirating image sets, a lot of artists just don't bother posting full images on Pixiv anymore.

Last time I got this pissed at an art genre, I wrote Witch Quest. Maybe this will push me to actually finish it.

• Haha
Reactions: Succubus Hunter
3.20 star(s) 13 Votes