RPGM Aylia's Story [v0.11] [YummyTiger]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

slothie

May 25, 2017
Thats what you get guys whit being negative to him
You’re funny, this and your other posts too- when did criticism stopped any other Patreon creator? And check the negativity that really successful ones get on this forum and others. Nothing against YT, but it’s absurd to claim that negativity stopped him.

He worked more than a year full time, as he claims, and what we have is nothing. Or maybe, technically, one half-assed mini update with minimal new content and rework of the reworked dialogs.

Didn’t he have most of the first game days and most of chapter one done 2 years ago? How many times did he claim we we’re days from a significant release? Do you remember the turtle? The hype building up every 3 months to fall back into the usual cyclic disappointment? And by the way, didn’t he claim that the last release was in the hands of a few selected Patreons just some days ago? All of the above come from him.

So what do you expect people do? Clap clap and pat pat on the back? It happened, never worked. So it’s natural he has criticism and negative vibes. But again, when did that stop other creators? He’s still got fanboys and supporters even now..

Reactions: torkenstiem

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
Yes, it's on hold until I can prove to myself I can move the project forward consistently.

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Sorry to disappoint, but it's past time I figure out whether I can be disciplined enough to do this. Whether I can take the discipline I had in my workplace to this at-home job.

To response to other comments:

1. There was a release in a few patrons hands a week ago, but it wasn't sufficient for me to consider March a success. Therefore, I didn't release a smallish update and call it "good," as that would have been ignoring the underlying issues preventing me from being where I want to be. December showed that releasing a small update does literally no good.

2. @slothie - I don't keep track of many projects, but I can list a number of projects where the shitty mentality of a vocal few led to the project ending. You mention "Patreons" but most patreons are monthly and bringing in monthly income. Yes, they're more resilient because they are getting paid. My project is more like a forum project, and when you don't get anything much in return, taking a bunch of shit on a regular basis is less worthwhile to deal with.

3. @slothie - I'll also add that I was taking a lot of shit back when I was 100% clear that it was a hobby project, NOT a full time gig. I'd also point to the silly level of shit-flinging that came with the Hunter's Quest translation that was given to anyone for free. If you think that doesn't affect people, you're wrong.

I don't expect a pat on the back for doing nothing. I'm okay with criticism, although I will challenge "criticism" I feel is either lying or unwarranted. But, I've had people stalking me, I've had people threaten my family, I've had shit I never expected--hell, there was even one person on this forum who tried to get cute and use what he thought was my real name--I'm assuming as a threat. I'm still my own worst enemy, but I damn well appreciate the people who stick with me and THEY are who I want to release a great product for.

Thank you for your interest.

Reactions: lonewolf20

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
YT I appreciate the work you've done so far and honestly I hope you complete the game at some point it's an interesting story. that being said I understand the need to sort out one's feelings especially when people get particularly nasty.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
this can be a great game, the story, the art, everything is there except the right motivation to move forward. when i get stuck, i start something else or i start over (that we know is quite time consuming to do), so this is the right decision, until you get that feeling you need to continue. maybe you need a small team, where you get to work in peace and not involve yourself with the public too much, and you only show up on releases days, this to avoid unneeded discussions, future plans, ideas, etc that people will think will happen, not a way for you to boost your own motivation.

so, take the good with you, and learn from the bad that happened so far and believe that a lot of us want you to success and thats the most important, do not let the negative people win, ignore them, they have surely nothing better to do in their life so they need to bully others, feel sorry for them. good luck and i expect you to return in the future with positive energy and a great game to share.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Ah well, it does suck that you've been beaten down to where you don't want to continue. I liked the concept, and the art, and I know from writing that often times its hard to come up with good scenes and a progression unless you get everything down. Never tried my hand at making a full fledged game, as I would probably encounter a creative wall that would make me stall a bit.

People overall suck. Some just feel too entitled when you do something public like this, its not you, its them.

Good luck with what you do.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
You're a clever one MoonFalcon. I post about how the game is on hold and I've had trouble finding the motivation to work. As such, I have not been working on the game like I need to if I want to move it forward consistently. Then you show up and tell me, "What an excuse!" The truth is you have not been working on the game.

What? That's literally what I just said. Congrats, you're right in repeating exactly what I told people. Your Internet-fu is undeniable.

Kerlon

Nov 13, 2016
YT maybe stop with answering every critic someone on the www does and put the time in the game? I've seen you answering on this forum, ulmf, lok, 4chan everytime someone says something negative about your working habits.
On patreon it's easier because you can delete uncomfortable comments like you always do.

YummyTiger

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2017
YT maybe stop with answering every critic someone on the www does and put the time in the game? I've seen you answering on this forum, ulmf, lok, 4chan everytime someone says something negative about your working habits.
On patreon it's easier because you can delete uncomfortable comments like you always do.
Maybe I'd rather answer every critic online. Pretty sure it's my right to do whatever I want.

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
dang you guys keep on being mean to YT stop being such lame asses of ppl who also dont have patients and such

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
Looks like everyone including me is just a bit frustrated to see a game with lot of potential not going forward.
But it's not a reason to focus our frustration to the guy who's dreaming of developing a perfect game, and because of life's reasons can't provide a monthly/semester/year update.

YT, maybe if you write some more lore posts like in January, you'll get motivation back to continue on working on your game and write monthly updates too... after all a game is more or less like a child, and there's always place for several childs in our lives!

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
What gets me is the people who have < 10 posts coming here specifically to dump on the game.

If you don't like it fine say so once and move on, no need to keep giving the guy grief. Plenty of games here I don't like, either I just never visit the thread again or I note specifically why and move on.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
If you trying to refer to me, I feel free to express my opinion wherever I want regardless of the number of posts. if you don't like it, tough luck.
Not just you, it happens a lot here. Not just on this game. You don't like it, so noted. No need to keep repeating it, we've all seen your post.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
If you trying to refer to me, I feel free to express my opinion wherever I want regardless of the number of posts. if you don't like it, tough luck.
You haven't expressed a single opinion.

You repeated what the dev said and acted like you'd exposed some grand truth.

All you;ve done is type bullshit.

Obzen

Dec 20, 2017
I think Aylia's Story is one of the most interesting RPG Maker H-games in devellopment. I often check your patreon page to check if the update is finally out.

you don't have to be under pressure. just go on with your own rythm. Nobody has the right to tell you to work more on the game. I prefer to wait a few month and play a great game than to play a shitty realease just because people forced you to make that update.

Just be cool and don't force your motivation. we can wait. Nothing good can be made without motivation when it comes to creative things.

SadHold

May 25, 2017
Everyone should calm their tities.

It's dissapointing that after all this time this is what we get but at the same time you can't say it wasn't already expected to happen.

Having said that, it is a shame that a game with such potential hasnt gonne past that... Potential... It's like if Cristiano Ronaldo would've never grown into adulthood and remained a 15 year old teenager for a long time.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes