Unity Abandoned Bachelor Life [v1.0] [Crafty Game Lab]

1.70 star(s) 3 Votes

craftygamelab

Jan 13, 2021
Hi, I am the game developer. Thanks for the feedback. I do plan to make changes to it. I thought about adding a map but the whole point of the game play is to make the player find stuff in the world. I got the music from the Unity asset store. If you like the game please consider buying it or joining my Patreon. With some support I can really turn it into a high quality game.
I like the concept. I always enjoy freeroam games where you pick which characters to focus on and do it your own way.

However the UI is hard to deal with, tiny text noo indicators, even a small crosshair dot to work out what Im focusing on would be good. Stuck on the haunted house riddle quest because it flashed up once and I cant read it again. A proper inventory would be good
Sorry to hear you are frustrated. I am fixing this on the next update. Each wolf will have a nav marker on them so you can easily find them.
That's not what people are saying, nor is it what (at least for me) the complaints are about. Games that are open-world and able to be explored are just fine. The issues are with execution? It is missing a lot of features that would make it more enjoyable, like a map or an inventory screen. Any perceived anger would be more about the sheer amount of time-wasting that happens. Swimming around a massive, weirdly shaped lake, hunting for a key, is not game-play. It is a fetch-quest, not a puzzle. It is a time-sink, not exciting or interesting. No one is going to enjoy shit like that. It isn't a grind, it is BORING.

Also, like it or not when you put content into the public space you open yourself up to criticism. It is up to you as the creator to choose how to take the criticism; you can lash out at the people who are being critical and refuse to listen to the complaints, or you can choose to be open to seeing the deficiencies in your product and attempt to change or fix them. I think it is far more telling that multiple people had the same issues and problems with the game.

I appreciate what you were striving for, and I wasn't attacking you on a personal level, because I don't know you. This isn't personal at all. But yes, I am being critical of your game. I am not saying it is an awful game, but it is lacking in certain areas, at least in my opinion.

1. It needs a map of some kind. Quest markers would be a huge plus.
2. Show me what I am looking for, especially with the key. I swear so many times i thought I saw it but it only ended up being a yellowed leaf or something. I had no idea what kind of key I was looking for. I swear I spent 40 minutes swimming around the water looking for it, only to realize later I already had it but HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING THIS because...
3. It needs an inventory screen of some kind, and I reject your comment about it not needing one. It absolutely needs an inventory screen to save me and anyone else from wasting so much time. It would be hugely helpful if I could reference what I had on me vs. what I still needed to find. Because I didn't get a clear indicator telling me I had already retrieved the key, I spent way more time than I should have swimming around the water. Thankfully you apparently don't have to breathe, I would have given up a lot sooner if I had to constantly come up for air.
4. Get rid of the fixed camera positions during the sex scenes. Seriously, why are the cameras fixed like that?

I won't critique the overall look of the game; while I think it is ugly in some areas, it is serviceable in others. I will say that the textures on the girls could be better, especially the goth chick in the run-down church. When I first walked up to her I thought she had body hair all over her.

All of this is to say... I appreciate you putting content out, but don't close yourself off to criticism, because taking what other people say and feel about something you made and using it to improve things will only result in a better game.

Or you can whine about what people are saying and stick your head in the sand. Honestly I don't really care, it isn't my game. Do what you want.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I just release a huge update to the game that fixes all the issues reported. There is a navigation system now that tells you where to go and what to do so that will make the game more enjoyable for people who do not want to walk around so much looking for things. Thanks for playing!

craftygamelab

Jan 13, 2021
I gave up during the "Hunt the Wolves" quest. I killed several, have no idea how many more I need, and got frustrated with the "you can walk through these trees but not THESE trees". I can see the wolves feet through the trees but can't hit them, and I can't walk to where they are in the dark and ... eff it, I give up.
Hi Thanks for playing my game. I just updated it and added a much needed navigation system that tells you where everything is on the map. Maybe give it another try and see if you like it.

craftygamelab

Jan 13, 2021
I wasn't sure if I already had found all 5 required chamomile plants or just 4 and instinctively pressed "I" to open up an inventory to check.

But thanks for replying anyway. (y)

P.S. What about a map? When you're used to instant transfer in most adult games, running around in BL feels super slow.
I added a mini map with navigation in my most recent update. No more getting lost or stuck. I also made the run speed a bit higher.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Grimtown

craftygamelab

Jan 13, 2021
Wow then this game is pretty realistic then. 10/10
When I made the game I was going for realistic when it comes to talking to women. Just like in real life you can't just go up to a women in the game and say something mean and expect her to like you.

craftygamelab

Jan 13, 2021
RIP :LOL:
View attachment 984269
Steam will say no to him and then turn around and sell a game titled "Futa Fix: Dick, Dine n' Dash" lmao.

But yeah, it sounds like this is the final version of the game? At least I hope it is, since he's got a patreon going to start development of Bachelor Life 2.
Hi, I am the developer. It is definitely not the final version of the game. I have a lot of ideas for it that I am working on. As far as being banned from Steam it makes no since to me why it was. There were a lot more x rated games on there. But after it got banned I made Bachelor Life more X rated instead of R rated. So now it would for sure not be aloud on there. As of now I have zero patreon supporters so its hard to say how much more time I can spend on the game but hopefully some people will like it enough to support it and then I can make it even better.

ninjahedgehog

Oct 23, 2018
alright, here's my constructive criticisms.

1.your first mistake was calling this 1.0 and then coming into the comments saying that it's early access. I came in thinking this was the final product, you should've made it clear in the first page that this was a beta. It's currently normal to update a game after it's 1.0 release but you're making it clear that it's not done. either that or you released this thing really raw

2.the game has no conveyance. after talking to the best friend you just let the player loose with no idea of what he can or is supposed to do. outside of a couple spots the quests just tell us to do something but without any guidance causing the player to just back track throughout the whole unmarked map to hopefully find out what to do. so it would help if you not just guided your players a bit more but make the boundaries clear becasue the areas look massive but that's kinda nipping you in the butt since needlesly running around is a drag

3. f to activate and tap for menuing are some odd button assignments. E is the standard use button in most first person games and maybe space or maybe just esc is better for the menu

4. the actives are really buggy, some of them trigger even if i move far away unless i load a different area. it was really annoying trying to talk to someone only for a sex scene to interrupt.

5. like everyone else said am map woulda would be really helpful as well as progress counters for wolf killing or fetch quests.

6. if the medical room you get transported to when you get high is supposed to be a trap room then it's a real dick move made worse by the fact that i can't tell if the room is bugged and isn't letting me activate anything or if it's game over

Reactions: craftygamelab

craftygamelab

Jan 13, 2021
alright, here's my constructive criticisms.

1.your first mistake was calling this 1.0 and then coming into the comments saying that it's early access. I came in thinking this was the final product, you should've made it clear in the first page that this was a beta. It's currently normal to update a game after it's 1.0 release but you're making it clear that it's not done. either that or you released this thing really raw

2.the game has no conveyance. after talking to the best friend you just let the player loose with no idea of what he can or is supposed to do. outside of a couple spots the quests just tell us to do something but without any guidance causing the player to just back track throughout the whole unmarked map to hopefully find out what to do. so it would help if you not just guided your players a bit more but make the boundaries clear becasue the areas look massive but that's kinda nipping you in the butt since needlesly running around is a drag

3. f to activate and tap for menuing are some odd button assignments. E is the standard use button in most first person games and maybe space or maybe just esc is better for the menu

4. the actives are really buggy, some of them trigger even if i move far away unless i load a different area. it was really annoying trying to talk to someone only for a sex scene to interrupt.

5. like everyone else said am map woulda would be really helpful as well as progress counters for wolf killing or fetch quests.

6. if the medical room you get transported to when you get high is supposed to be a trap room then it's a real dick move made worse by the fact that i can't tell if the room is bugged and isn't letting me activate anything or if it's game over
Thanks for the feedback. I fixed a lot of these issues you mention with the last update. There is a navigation systme no so no more getting lost and not know what to do next. The old F key or E key argument has been going on for ever. Some games use E some use F. I am an F guy personally so that's what I went with.

nebsama

Aug 10, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. I fixed a lot of these issues you mention with the last update. There is a navigation systme no so no more getting lost and not know what to do next. The old F key or E key argument has been going on for ever. Some games use E some use F. I am an F guy personally so that's what I went with.
I'd also like to see current characters have more sex scenes added. Maybe invite over once you have romanced them.

Also more positions, tittyfucks blowjobs etc would be nice. And camera control during sex scenes

Reactions: craftygamelab

craftygamelab

Jan 13, 2021
I'd also like to see current characters have more sex scenes added. Maybe invite over once you have romanced them.

Also more positions, tittyfucks blowjobs etc would be nice. And camera control during sex scenes
I am working on adding all that stuff. Thanks for your input!

Foreplaymastaix

Jun 25, 2017
After playing through what it there I messed around with every character there is to mess around with I give the game 3 out of 5 stars. The puzzles aren't hard for someone who likes puzzles but from what heard you added in goal tracker and inventory in the pateron version. I didn't buy that version played the one on here and Me personally I think theres some room for improvements that can be made like having more to interact with, Fixing the camera angles in the Animations, letting there be a way to woo the lesbian. overall not the worst game I've played I wish you luck on the improvements!

1.70 star(s) 3 Votes