VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Back to the Cabin [v0.4] [Dr. Zukinksky]

1. 4.00 star(s)

mario1994

V0,7
    At last I start to see how great a game it is and should be! Our Mom is sooo.. good looking woman that incestofiles will be in heaven. Besides her we have several more or less attractive characters to know, fuck and date. Mom and doughter duo from shop in town are for now the only fuckable characters but we got nice teasers with Mom too. Best side of this game?
    - Interactive sex mechanic. With several positions to choose from and to see them at different angles.
    - Great graphic that does not live much to desire more from it. Its not the best.. but its still great.
    - Plot, not that kind of "Plot" but a real one. Which gets deeper with each update. For now there is not much to see but there are several longer interactions that reveal more about characters.
    - Mom and Mary(Shopkeeper's doughter) - for now, two most attractive characters in this game
    What to improve? A hint system which would show what to do and when content ends in this update.
    There is a log of missions and events but that does not show exactly when a mission ends or if its a repeatable even which can go into infinity and beyond. I hope that it will end sometime. Like chop wood.. heck, what for do I chop daily so much wood that I could build a house? Let there be a limit after which you don't need to do it anymore but still can start a fire.
    There is still much to improve but it has great potential to be an enjoyable ride
  2. 2.00 star(s)

xSessive

Great potential, good renders (even if the Mom looks like a 22 years old girl), the story is ok !

The infinite grind makes this game terrible, I don't know why the dev made the game this way, a little of grind is good but doing the same actions more than 5 times before seeing a new one is just a big turn off for me.

Remember dev, we're here to FAP, not to wait 4 hours before seeing a sex scene...

Pros :
    - Great renders
    - Good mechanic

Cons :
    - Way too much grind
    - Repeatable scene

2/5
  3. 3.00 star(s)

gralthan

Story as well as writing of this game is pretty good, nothing phenomenal, but enjoyable.

That does not matter however, because of the elephant in the room.
    Renders are really well done. Unfortunately, they're wasted on actual blow-up doll-like characters.
    Not only do the females in this game look like they're made out of balloons, the MC's mother looks at most 22. Both this, as well as the impossible proportions completely break immersion and IMO ruin what is a pretty good game otherwise.

Oh, and there's a fair amount of grind.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

tempdeath

Drawing: ok, abit cartoonish. the mother looks more like a sister or young aunt, not really feeling her in a mother role.

story: okay for what it is

Sex scenes:

Is okay for the moment, tweaks here and there and could be much much better.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

fugazi666

the mother here is quite a princess. i can easily tolerate some grinding and a slow-build up to see more of a cute character like this and things developing with her. the cabin, the scenery, females, everything in this game looks good. there is some element of mischief going on for the MC too and that's always a good thing, since straight, decent MC's with an unnecessarily high moral compass are boring as fuck *cough..melody..cough*. eagerly anticipating future updates.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Skylaroo

This is up to v0.4.1. It's not super horrible, but it's definitely poor for now. The biggest mistake of this game is the decision to be grindy and combo that with unclear amount. On top of that, there are things that you would have no idea how to trigger without looking at the guide.

Overall, it's a frustrating experience which is a real shame because the potential is there. I feel that devs should consider whether playing the game is fun or not. Right now, it is surely not fun to play the game.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Keldar

This is a grindy piece of crap.

There is NO content. At 0.4.1 this game typifies the BS Russian grind. There are limited things to do in most locations but the content is lacking. There is zero fraking point to this game. The story is bland and pretty much non existent for a 0.4.1.

Just compare this to "Become a rock star v0.3" that game has multiple sex scenes, two voyeur scenes and about two times the amount of story. That games doesn't do the bs time management grind so popular with patreon devs. The fact that the story isn't being told VN style but grind style which means the story doesn't flow, it is choppy and gamey in its feel, the who process works against the narrative the dev is trying to tell. You get a snippet of the story only to have to grind out the next snippet so that by the time you get to the next part you just don't give a shit anymore.

This game uses the grind to hind the lack of renders and story content to milk patrons' of their hard earned cash.

The stills are well rendered and the animations while limited are okay not as bad as so many other games and I will say that the fact the MC isn't a manipulative little shit is a nice change for an incest story. But this story hasn't developed, there is no sex and the grind make everything BORING and the worst "sin" a game can commit is being boring.

This game isn't worth your time and I can't say for sure it will be worth your time in the future because of the design direction.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Jackbite

This Game is in it's infancy, But has great potential, It does not give you instance Sex off the Bat! you need to work for it which occurs as the Story unfolds It has some of the best renders i've seen in a game! 10/10...
  9. 5.00 star(s)

pastera

Excellent, the game offers a very slow build toward doing kiny stuff with the MC's mom.
    No big jump from nothing to banging like crazy, but instead small events that makes the MC notice the mom more and more until he starts doing perverted stuff.
    Stealing panties, a little peeping, a little rubbing there and there but the result is that much better because it's a slow build.
    The mom looks great too which is certainly a plus xD.
    I recommend.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

dogeatsdog

Playing this game reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day (stuff happens over and over and over again). At least in that movie, you could change things on a daily basis to try to improve your disposition. Not here, it is just grinding and grinding. I'm up to 450 love points but I'm getting no where. It is probably my fault for continuing to play because there is no message that says you are at an end of a version of a game...which would really help.

I really wanted to give this game a better ranking because the Mom is beautiful, however unless the game can make bigger changes more rapidly or at least tell you when you are done with everything in that version...I will likely stop playing in the future.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 997153

Review of v.0.2

Move past the appealing renders of the mother and there isn't much to this game yet. Despite there being very little dialogue, one has to grind a lot to get to unsatisfying scenes. Because there is very little dialogue, there is no real sense of progression. Just grind to get points and hope something eventually triggers.

The worst part is the interface. It is cumbersome to use and requires far too much clicking. Are actions available? The only way to know is clicking the (action?) icon at the bottom of the screen every single time. This is totally unnecessary and adds to the sense of grinding. Plus, the text is poorly positioned in lower left of the screen (not in anyone's natural line of sight) and the lack of contrast between the MC's dialogue and the Mom's dialogue makes it easy to lose track of who is speaking.

Also, rollback is disabled which is generally a deal-breaker for me.

This game needs a massive overhaul before I'd give it a second look. Hopefully, the interface issues will be worked out and dialogue beyond "(You chatted for a while)" will be added in future versions.

Not recommended, but I'll check back on later versions.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

hgamefix

The game is about a mother and her son in the cabin in the woods, where the son (MC) doing stuff to her mother in various ways by doing chores and quest. it's simple yet puzzling, the renders are top notch, the character (mom) is beautiful but need some improvement on the story. this game is amazingly beautiful, still in progress but have a very big potential.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

grid40

Great game. It has a fair amount a content for a first release. And has a very good visual aspect! Even if the interface seems a bit glitchy some times. I have great hopes for the future of this game.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 894997

Version 0.1
    This game needs a LOT of tweaking for sure.

* The info says that you are consoling a friend, but in game its your mom.
    * Its built around grinding the same day over and over, and just repeats of the same dialog, and you just need to make time go to get a new one.
    * There is no names, or icons for dialog, just 2 different colors for mom/son talking. It can get a bit confusing until you get used to it.
    * The fact that the woman looks like 20-25, but is suppose to be your mom. (proportions are arguably bad also, but its more of personal taste i guess)
    * The dialog is very short, and does not give you much.
    * The navigation is really bad.
    * No roll back.
    * The few choices you have in dialog. (its really just one dialog choice in bed atm, and one "quiz" choice) dont make any difference, cos it just loops you back to the same choice again if you pick the wrong one.)

I dont know, it could be something, but it needs a lot of tweaking and more time to become something. For now its just a game where it feels like the author is trying to stretch as much as possible out of a few renders.

I do see potential how ever, but like i said, it REALLY needs a lot of work!

But to be fair, even if the navigation is bad, there is navigation, and there is a quest log, and a looking for items function.
    BUT they are really badly implemented.

The biggest issue is, that this game does not make me want to come back and see its progress tbh!
    Its just to many issues, and no engaging dialog or story that can save it. Its just grinding with no real reward.