VN Ren'Py Back to the Past [v0.02] [Dogathan Productions]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes
Nov 18, 2022
I think this has been one of my pet peeves with family guy. I have always wanted even a little bit of continuity within the storyline, since they explore a lot of cool ideas, but other episodes act like they never happened. Or even worse they retcon some things like they never happened. I love the illy nature of the show, but I think I want to go in a different direction by making actions and story beats carry through; rather than just acting like certain things never happened.
Yup. The inconsistency can be odd at times because they DO bring up what they feel is right to bring up. I actually do really enjoy Lois and her shadier younger days.

By the way since this did come up, do you plan on adapting a lot of elements from the series? Stuff like Tarantino asking her for feet pics as an example, but there's so many moments I can think of like Lois wanting to get wasted in Mexico for Christmas, or her "sex faces" from the deleted cutaway.

I realize you probably can't say much out of spoilers but I really would love to know lol
View attachment Sexface.webp

Reactions: DogathanProductions

DogathanProductions

Back to the Past Developer/Writer/Artist
Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
By the way since this did come up, do you plan on adapting a lot of elements from the series? Stuff like Tarantino asking her for feet pics as an example, but there's so many moments I can think of like Lois wanting to get wasted in Mexico for Christmas, or her "sex faces" from the deleted cutaway.
Haha, yeah. But I think I might go the route of making more subtle references, kinda like I have been doing so far (jack's joke shop, phoebe diamond, etc.). In so far as artistic choices, I do often search for family guy references (Lois' various facial expressions, Meg's body type, etc.) and do my best to mimic that. So everything is fair game! Although to be fair, I won't ever come outright and say this is a reference to the show, or make it blatantly obvious. I like to leave things as easter eggs for people to pick up on after they have gone back and seen the show, or on separate playthroughs.

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
When will the update come?
I regularly post updates to , , , and if you want to know how the development is going! It should have an in-depth breakdown for the plans I have for the game and the progress I am making for the next release cycle.

Reactions: jstreet

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
From what's in the Progress Update #3 0.04 is looking to be Meg's makeover update. (wish I wasn't a cheap bastard and have to wait the week to see what Progress Update #4 is all about).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
No worries about it man, I want to still focus on the Lois route, so a majority of the content will be focused on her. I do want to add the full mini arc for Meg (not hot to hot), hence the full public release including her mini arc rather than releasing v0.03 with her arc only partially flushed out. Hope that makes sense!

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
Always thought I was a bit of a minority with my Lois obsession (or should I say infatuation?) but it seems there are quite a lot of guys that love her a lot too. It's nice to know lol
I would say the opposite haha, everybody loves her :LOL:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022
Among friends, Lois was probably the one they liked the least. But it usually ends up being something about her personality turning them off or her being compared to Marge. Now I fucking love Marge but the way Lois behave and carries herself is the reason I grew fascinated with her to begin with. And then she can wear just about any hairstyle and outfit and look amazing in it.

Have you ever looked at any of her outfits from Quest for Stuff? She rocks everything.

1719195277742.png
1719195203782.png

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
Among friends, Lois was probably the one they liked the least. But it usually ends up being something about her personality turning them off or her being compared to Marge. Now I fucking love Marge but the way Lois behave and carries herself is the reason I grew fascinated with her to begin with. And then she can wear just about any hairstyle and outfit and look amazing in it.

Have you ever looked at any of her outfits from Quest for Stuff? She rocks everything.
Lois being compared to Marge? I can't say that I would be making a comparison between the two... But to each their own I guess. I haven't ever played The Quest for Stuff, it looked like kind of a cash grab from the outside looking in. But I have seen that they are finally giving Lois a lot more clothing options in the game from screenshots and like.

I might throw down a poll with the next release to see which lady the F95zone folk are looking to see content for the most, just to see if I'm off base, haha.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jstreet

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
For me on which lady I'd like to see depends on which ones you plan to add outside of Lois and Meg. With the prom event down the road it might be good to see something with Connie.

• Hey there
Reactions: DogathanProductions
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes