Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho. Does the mod already include the Ipatch? Btw the game just had a small update.
The "iPatch" is a thrid-party mod so no, SanchoMod does not include it nor have I written my own as the main LI is already the MC's sister so I see no point in it.

Otherwise no, I didn't know there was an update... I'll look and see what's what there. Regards.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
The "iPatch" is a thrid-party mod so no, SanchoMod does not include it nor have I written my own as the main LI is already the MC's sister so I see no point in it.

Otherwise no, I didn't know there was an update... I'll look and see what's what there. Regards.
o.m.g your getting slower in your old age ... like me :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
- added some QOL settings (see the settings menu)
- general QOL improvements
My gut is telling me "QOL" improvements means "I saw some things in a mod that I want for myself".
If anyone can post a screenshot of this new Preferences menu I'd be obliged as I'm not going to DL 3gb just to eyeball it.
I'm not sure why a simple patch wasn't released instead of folks having to re-DL the whole VN.
It's a bit confusing to me at the moment tbh.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
My gut is telling me "QOL" improvements means "I saw some things in a mod that I want for myself".
If anyone can post a screenshot of this new Preferences menu I'd be obliged as I'm not going to DL 3gb just to eyeball it.
I'm not sure why a simple patch wasn't released instead of folks having to re-DL the whole VN.
It's a bit confusing to me at the moment tbh.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Interesting. Thank you for providing that bud.

Now I have to figure out how to combine both I guess... this is going to suck as now the VN and the mod will be competing for the same operations. Looks like he revised the UI too from the hideous black/white that made me originally change the entire interface. Seems I left an impression.

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
Interesting. Thank you for providing that bud.

Now I have to figure out how to combine both I guess... this is going to suck as now the VN and the mod will be competing for the same operations. Looks like he revised the UI too from the hideous black/white that made me originally change the entire interface. Seems I left an impression.
There is new content (new Scene) and of course the new changes.

Here is recreations Changelog from Page 589.

mostly fixes and improvements, but there's one nice little scene...
171 Render
10 Animations
fixed the Gallery
added new scenes from 0.8+ to the gallery
reworked the Settings (aka preferences) menu
added some QOL settings (see the settings menu)
general QOL improvements
fixed some code issues
added italian and french languages (fan translated!!). Currently at 0.8, not updated to 0.8.5, yet, e.g. the last scene is not translated!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There is new content (new Scene) and of course the new changes.

Here is recreations Changelog from Page 589.

mostly fixes and improvements, but there's one nice little scene...
171 Render
10 Animations
fixed the Gallery
added new scenes from 0.8+ to the gallery
reworked the Settings (aka preferences) menu
added some QOL settings (see the settings menu)
general QOL improvements
fixed some code issues
added italian and french languages (fan translated!!). Currently at 0.8, not updated to 0.8.5, yet, e.g. the last scene is not translated!
Thanks, I'm aware of the changelog as I mentioned here. Still should have just been a patch file and not a re-DL of the entire VN...imho.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
Sancho1969 so what is the status of the mod right now? OP in the game thread says it "should work", but with amount of technical changes i somehow highly doubt it

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 so what is the status of the mod right now? OP in the game thread says it "should work", but with amount of technical changes i somehow highly doubt it
I don't have the new update downloaded yet so I can't say for sure, but it's possible that installing the mod inside the update will simply convert it back to v0.8.1 ... that's my guesstimate without actually doing it. I don't suggest doing that though... always install correlated versions, never mismatch.

Reactions: Danv

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I'll grab the whole thing this evening. I'm going to have to tinker now that the dev has decided to use a few features also in the mod. Appreciate ya though.
If I am correct it is just one new scene then the new update downgraded the engine?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The engine is the same as last update.

An engine bug prevented animations from playing in the last update, so I downgraded, and now it should work again.
Stupid me did the one thing no developer should ever do: upgrade an engine right before a release >_>

Don't ever do that people! Don't ever!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The dev did mention somewhere in the thread that there was an issue with a renpy version then corrected so I don't know what the heck he's done tbh.. see post here where he specifically mentions a "RenPy update"... fucking hell.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Last update was 7.5.3, this update is the same.
It was updated says so on Itch from 7 hours ago.

Check in the Ren'Py folder in the int file around line 80.

The dev did mention somewhere in the thread that there was an issue with a renpy version then corrected so I don't know what the heck he's done tbh.. see post here where he specifically mentions a "RenPy update"... fucking hell.
Yes, says here So, could have been an update to Ren'Py itself, but still in the same branch.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
It was updated says so on Itch from 7 hours ago.

Check in the Ren'Py folder in the int file around line 80.

Yes, says here
Don't know what to tell you. Engine was 7.4.11 in release 7.6, but went to 7.5.3 in 8.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes