Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BW_SM_Cover2.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Bare Witness
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, in-game walkthough guide, custom settings, custom fonts and much more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development
Updated: 10-12-2022
Game/Creator: Bare Witness / AlterWorlds - Slockie - Storm
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: 4.0
Game Version: Chapter 4.0
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (varies from port to port).
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 05/05/2023 16:49 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
BW SM B03d1a.jpg BW SM B03d1b.jpg BW SM B03d2.jpg BW SM B03d2a.jpg BW SM B03d2b.jpg
BW SM B03d3.jpg BW SM B03d4.jpg BW SM B03d5.jpg BW SM B03d6.jpg BW SM B03d7.jpg BW SM B03d8.jpg BW SM B03d9.jpg
BW SM B03f1a.jpg BW SM B03f1b.jpg
Dynamic ChoiceGuide
BW SM B02c1.jpg BW SM B02c2.jpg BW SM B02c6.jpg BW SM B02c7.jpg BW SM B02d1.jpg BW SM B02d2.jpg
BW SM B03e3a.jpg BW SM B03e3b.jpg
SanchoSplits
BW SM B03e1a.jpg BW SM B03e1b.jpg BW SM B03e1c.jpg
BW SM B03e2a.jpg BW SM B03e2b.jpg BW SM B03e2c.jpg BW SM B03e2d.jpg

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
update out
Thank you but I'm flagged on all VN's I mod so I get notifications as soon as they drop.

could this version be used with the new update or must we wait for the mod to be updated?
Nope. The dev completely changed the variables in the menu choices. That's why there's a note on the VN's OP: " Chapter 3 note: Please restart from the beginning one last time. " It also mandates a complete mod re-write (yay).

Please, can you update to : Bare Witness - Ch. 3
Indeed, I'm now working on it. Please see above answers as to why this won't be a super-quick update. And I likely won't have time now to convert the mod to the new SanchoMod Core edition, but I'll still work on it after the Ch3 update is out. If I port it now the timeframe could be too long to complete.

Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yep, going to have to completely re-write the ChoiceGuide. Dev even changed the LI path variables. It sucks but it is what it is. Know I'm working on it though, here's a few quickies fwiw:

Edit: Revamped the SanchoGallery and changed the Sancho button to be dynamic (For now: ends replay if in a replay, brings up the stat screen otherwise).

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was hoping you were going to say that, which is why I followed this thread yesterday after seeing one of your other mods and being really impressed :)
Thank you for the motivation, sincerely. I can toss you a beta build when I get the GUI square and start the ChoiceGuide proper. The SanchoGallery is done, the port is 80-90% done. So keep an eye on your messages notification and I'll hook you up if you're interested in helping me test while I continue. Regards.

_Utakata_

Jun 18, 2019
Thank you. I needed a good laugh while stressing through this port. I'll fix that silly broken button soon bud. Regards.
You poor thing :LUL: You would have thought he bothered to read the *** Currently Updated Mod to the new SanchoMod. Please be patient. I'll post progress updates below regularly. *** text and would just wait instead of making that comment

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You poor thing :LUL: You would have thought he bothered to read the *** Currently Updated Mod to the new SanchoMod. Please be patient. I'll post progress updates below regularly. *** text and would just wait instead of making that comment
Nah. Reading that little tid-bit of information would have been too easy being bright colored and bold, ain't it? :ROFLMAO: :lepew:

rrbee

Jun 24, 2020
More than an hour without updates?!?! WTH?? When I pay absolutely nothing for someone else's work I demand timely results!

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
More than an hour without updates?!?! WTH?? When I pay absolutely nothing for someone else's work I demand timely results!
Lol, me too!

Progress Update:

Ok, I just finished porting Ch1 & Ch2 over. Currently running through all the routing to make sure nothing borks. I can package an early release of the mod like this while I work on Ch3. Maybe 30mins to an hour or so (if y'all are interested). It'd be a temporary link that would be removed once the mod is fully completed through the end of Ch3.

Here's some more teasers while I go get another Crown & Coke:

BW SM B02c6.jpg BW SM B02c7.jpg
Note on the strikethroughs. They mean what you would think, if True that variable becomes False. Here's the SanchoMod ChoiceGuide legend for a refresher is needed:
Regards.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes