turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thank you for this, really helped me out. (y)
I did manwhore a bit, on first run.
Doing 2nd playthrough now, with the 4 & far happier with how it's turned out!
Yep - thanks to Sancho and his mod https://f95zone.to/threads/bare-witness-ch-4-multi-mod-sancho1969.89566/post-6263020 I´m on the best way to manage the quadruple in my second attempt.

Anyway despite some warnings here after that I´ll try all solo pathes too to learn every detail about these stunning women :p

.-Shiraori-.

Aug 10, 2022
A game that is Harem but not fully harem? Well harem games always have some girl that isn't a option so why not im in...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
A game that is Harem but not fully harem? Well harem games always have some girl that isn't a option so why not im in...
There are only 2 girls that won't join the harem and those are Zenda and Val.

You can still have Heidi, Athena, Mora and Sadie.

Val is solo only and Zenda is still up for debate on whether going for the 3way with her "friend" is a good thing or not.

.-Shiraori-.

Aug 10, 2022
There are only 2 girls that won't join the harem and those are Zenda and Val.

You can still have Heidi, Athena, Mora and Sadie.

Val is solo only and Zenda is still up for debate on whether going for the 3way with her "friend" is a good thing or not.
Im not complaining, i remember one game has many girls wich wasn't a option, but 4 of 6 its a good deal to me

Reactions: DD3DD

miyuki25

Apr 24, 2019
It's a ren'py issue. If you have any other games downloaded onto whatever you're playing on. Copy another renpy games "renpy" folder and replace the renpy folder in your Bare Witness folder and it should work.
If you're having a game crash at start, it's likely a Ren'Py version issue. Copy the renpy folder from any other game that you know works and replace the renpy folder in the Bare Witness folder with it.
While this did fix my issue, it's a little frustating to see a critical bug that has been known about for two years go unfixed (and also having to find that fix by searching the thread for the word crash rather than it perhaps being mentioned as a known issue somewhere in the OP).

Last edited:

Slockie

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2020
While this did fix my issue, it's a little frustating to see a critical bug that has been known about for two years go unfixed (and also having to find that fix by searching the thread for the word crash rather than it perhaps being mentioned as a known issue somewhere in the OP).
It's also a little frustrating having people steal your work that you've been slaving away creating for the last two years, but life's not fair I guess

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
You can definitely win it with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just finished the MASH path and won the dance contest so, I don't think it's path dependent (other than it must include Heidi :cool:). Just do all the practices with Heidi? There was also dialogue where MC got a little nervous. Maybe a choice there is significant.

Reactions: turbojoe

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
You posted it here not me. Maybe more people would pay you if they could actually start the game.
While chapter 3 remains publicly available, chapter 4 was patrons-only and was not posted here by us. We engage here because it's better, for a variety of reasons, than to just ignore it.

Regardless, the issue you came across affects a very small portion of players, and it isn't a bug on our end so much as it's a matter of the Ren'Py version used, and every game that runs on Ren'Py is susceptible to it to one degree or another. The vast majority of players have no issue with the game starting.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
While chapter 3 remains publicly available, chapter 4 was patrons-only and was not posted here by us. We engage here because it's better, for a variety of reasons, than to just ignore it.

Regardless, the issue you came across affects a very small portion of players, and it isn't a bug on our end so much as it's a matter of the Ren'Py version used, and every game that runs on Ren'Py is susceptible to it to one degree or another. The vast majority of players have no issue with the game starting.
I have issues with starting the game, it makes me happy................

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
While chapter 3 remains publicly available, chapter 4 was patrons-only and was not posted here by us.
I´m a little confused: does the download content (version 0.4b) here on page 1 NOT include Chapter4???
So far I remember my first playthrough there was a chapter 4 o_O

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 221 Votes