Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 When I want to exit the sancho gallery I get this error:
Any solutions?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BareWitness 0.4.rpy", line 3724, in O0OOOOO000OOOOOOO
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableDict'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3910, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1053, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1243, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1243, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/viewport.py", line 307, in event
    rv = super(Viewport, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 975, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 910, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BareWitness 0.4.rpy", line 3724, in O0OOOOO000OOOOOOO
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableDict'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.3.1414
Bare Witness 0.4
Sun Oct 23 23:58:20 2022
When you say "exit", how exactly do you mean? By clicking on anything in the main menu left column or something else while at the SanchoGallery screen or while exiting a replay scene itself?

Reactions: Knight of the Dawn

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I closed the game and restarted the windows and now I don't get the error anymore.
Sorry for that,apparently the game just likes fucking with me:ROFLMAO::LOL:.
Actually, just so you know, I was already prepared to tell you to backup your persistent file (copy and paste it in a different directory for safe keeping) and then delete both of them (the one in the actual VN subdirectory and the other in AppData). If it happens again let me know... every once in a while the database inside the persistent where RenPy stores all the images/scenes you've historically viewed in a VN gets borked. It's rare but it happens. If that was the case deleting the persistent allows RenPy to rebuild the dictionary correctly but there's the obvious downside that all your previous VN data is gone (not your saves but the all-playthroughs and settings data, etc.).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Here is my persistent file,maybe it can help you find the error.

-----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: After some testing it seems that when a scene is locked in the game's gallery and I play it in the sancho gallery I get the error but after the first time,that scene gets unlocked in the game's gallery and then when I play it in the sancho gallery it doesn't give any errors!!
Can the reason for the error be that the scene being locked in the game's gallery effects sancho gallery in some way?

EDIT 2: I played the game after deleting my persistent file and found out that when I play scenes in sancho gallery that I got in my playthrough I don't get any errors but when I play the scenes that I didn't get and are locked I get the error at the end of the scene.
The two "edits" you made has given me a proper amount of info to deal with. I won't and don't need your persistent. Feel free to edit your post and delete it if you wish. Give me a bit to open the project and see what's going on. I'll report back.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Knight of the Dawn, due to the info you gave I was finally able to recreate the issue. Without getting too deep into the weeds, it has to deal with the "scene variants" code I wrote specifically for this title. Seems I fucked up and swapped a variable that insures that when you view a scene in SanchoGallery that you haven't unlocked in the standard gallery it doesn't inadvertently unlock that scene. I do this on purpose so you will retain your locked scenes to unlock them on your own via standard playthrough and earn them as cheevos (achievements). I can sort this out but please give me a bit as my head was deep in another project and I need to rewrite a bit of this.

Bottom line a critical maintenance update is immanent. I'll keep you posted on progress. Thank you for helping isolate the problem bud. Ya done good.

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
Knight of the Dawn, due to the info you gave I was finally able to recreate the issue. Without getting too deep into the weeds, it has to deal with the "scene variants" code I wrote specifically for this title. Seems I fucked up and swapped a variable that insures that when you view a scene in SanchoGallery that you haven't unlocked in the standard gallery it doesn't inadvertently unlock that scene. I do this on purpose so you will retain your locked scenes to unlock them on your own via standard playthrough and earn them as cheevos (achievements). I can sort this out but please give me a bit as my head was deep in another project and I need to rewrite a bit of this.

Bottom line a critical maintenance update is immanent. I'll keep you posted on progress. Thank you for helping isolate the problem bud. Ya done good.
Well your mods have made playing games much more enjoyable so it was my pleasure to help you with this.

938d2feb903310187e6d54fdae1d3599.jpg

Reactions: Elhemeer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well your mods have made playing games much more enjoyable so it was my pleasure to help you with this.

View attachment 2126732
If I'm being honest, this type of bug is rather embarrassing. I'll have to add a step in my SOP as I should have caught this immediately yet it slipped through my fingers. I now have it sorted and putting it on various bench testing units to insure integrity after which I'll push out the update. Just a bit longer.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (critical)

Links in the OP are updated accordingly.

Change Log:
  • Resolved: Issue where playing a scene in SanchoGallery that was locked in the original gallery would cause an exception failure. Thanks to Knight of the Dawn for reporting and assisting in isolating the issue.
Simply re-download the mod and reinstall over existing installation overwriting as requested.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Great update, bro. I never use the gallery, so doesn't affect me.
Well, I almost got too "cute" for my own good with that scene variant button in the gallery. Seemed a simple task at first (rather than asking the player in each scene every single time) but it almost bit me in the ass. I'm not sure how much further I can push the code in the gallery but who knows, we'll all think of some other previously impossible thing to overcome at some point.

I gotta ask.. whatchu got against replays?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Works perfectly now,Thanks.
Excellent. I was close to blowing off the issue since no one else out of 10's of thousands of DL's had reported it other than you tbh. I was in the middle of another project and you going the extra mile to offer more details forced me to stop and look. Good on ya for doing the due diligence, sincerely.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, I almost got too "cute" for my own good with that scene variant button in the gallery. Seemed a simple task at first (rather than asking the player in each scene every single time) but it almost bit me in the ass. I'm not sure how much further I can push the code in the gallery but who knows, we'll all think of some other previously impossible thing to overcome at some point.

I gotta ask.. whatchu got against replays?
I hate reruns? Not playing to fap? No idea. :ROFLMAO:

Jul 16, 2018
I don't understand why developers don't simply make their games out-of-the-box do what your mods can do.
I don't even want to play games without a walkthrough, unless it's an actual novel (no paths).

Reactions: kimhuynjoong

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't understand why developers don't simply make their games out-of-the-box do what your mods can do.
I don't even want to play games without a walkthrough, unless it's an actual novel (no paths).
Well, considering everyone has their personal preferences is the main reason I made everything to be able to toggle On/Off. Some folks just want to adjust the GUI and play as the dev intended. I get it and don't force anything on anybody.. the point is to enhance the experience, not manipulate it unless the user desires to do so. That's my POV anyway. Regards bud.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Well, considering everyone has their personal preferences is the main reason I made everything to be able to toggle On/Off. Some folks just want to adjust the GUI and play as the dev intended. I get it and don't force anything on anybody.. the point is to enhance the experience, not manipulate it unless the user desires to do so. That's my POV anyway. Regards bud.
Which is probably why your mod is so consistently good.

Reactions: Mikhail Blk

Craftyy

Feb 18, 2022
Hey man, just wanted to say just played through the game and as per your mods are GOATED!

Is there ANY chance at all you'll consider the poison chalice that is College Kings? Even just a thought would make me much happier :LOL:

Thanks again dude!

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87
Sep 13, 2020
Needs a new update to incorporate the new changes from the bug fix that was just released in the game pls. Take your time man we can wait a bit. Thank you in advanced.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Needs a new update to incorporate the new changes from the bug fix that was just released in the game pls. Take your time man we can wait a bit. Thank you in advanced.
That would be if I didn't already fix whatever bug is noted already (I always fix things I notice while in the porting process). So, what specifically does this update fix? What bug have you found? Regards.

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes