Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Not for me either, but when you tell the girls your story, are in a relationshipt with everyone beforehand, and Athena says "That's so hot" when she hears about Sadie, you're on the MASH path
We hurt Mora that way and I'm not a fan of that. She's my main save path. So, hurting her like that was a kick in the nuts.

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
There's a weird hard shift when you're on Athena's bed with Heidi when she's streaming, then suddenly you're in a car with Val, even though at that point it had forced you away from Val.
I'm so confused, does the game do that naturally, or is it a bug?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There's a weird hard shift when you're on Athena's bed with Heidi when she's streaming, then suddenly you're in a car with Val, even though at that point it had forced you away from Val.
I'm so confused, does the game do that naturally, or is it a bug?
Hmmm... I'm not seeing a scene transition issue with the VN.

After Heidi says "...protect your princess!":
1665784320838.png
then regardless of any other pathing there's a music fadeout of three seconds and a black screen fadeout/fadein of three seconds each.

In the particular case with Val's preggo setup (scene in Val's car) you get a music fadein and a scene fadein of her in her car:
1665784070878.png

So, that's a minimum of 3 seconds of music fade and 6 seconds of black fadout/fadein from Athena's room to Val's car. Maybe I'm looking at a different Heidi on Athena bed with MC while she's streaming scene than you :p

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Elhemeer Thank you kindly for the review. I only hope that I can meet all those expectation you mentioned I've done... we still have work to do to truly get the mod to the next level but the kind words give me much motivation. Regards to you and yours as always.

... and the rest of you over 12K folks that have DL'd this particular mod for Bare Witness... care to leave some input? Good or bad, go to the top of the page, leave a vote and review. I've given you hundreds upon hundreds of hours of my time, give me just a minute or two of yours. Again, good, bad, or ugly I appreciate all constructive and polite criticism. Thank you for your time, sincerely.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Good or bad, go to the top of the page, leave a vote and review.
For those (like me) who needed more clarity, go to the top of the page, left-click on the appropriate star on the far right across from the page title, then leave your review in the pop-up box that appears.
(Even if I'm the only one who couldn't figure this out, I feel obligated to share)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For those (like me) who needed more clarity, go to the top of the page, right-click on the appropriate star on the far right across from the page title, then leave your review in the pop-up box that appears.
(Even if I'm the only one who couldn't figure this out, I feel obligated to share)
Yo bud, it's the other "right" for click :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
LOL ... too many rights in my brain. I fixed my post.
Ain't gonna lie, I had to test it as I was like "what the fuck? does right-click work?" and I did it knowing damn well it wouldn't :ROFLMAO: So, you even suckered me into it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Ain't gonna lie, I had to test it as I was like "what the fuck? does right-click work?" and I did it knowing damn well it wouldn't :ROFLMAO: So, you even suckered me into it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (I've been on way to much ... I've maxed out my reactions two days in a row)

dougiehouser

Jun 9, 2019
Hmmm... I'm not seeing a scene transition issue with the VN.

After Heidi says "...protect your princess!":
then regardless of any other pathing there's a music fadeout of three seconds and a black screen fadeout/fadein of three seconds each.

In the particular case with Val's preggo setup (scene in Val's car) you get a music fadein and a scene fadein of her in her car:

So, that's a minimum of 3 seconds of music fade and 6 seconds of black fadout/fadein from Athena's room to Val's car. Maybe I'm looking at a different Heidi on Athena bed with MC while she's streaming scene than you :p
When I went back I saw it faded out, so it had to have been a proper transition, and I don't play with sound so that's probably why I missed it being intentional initially.

I think the way it was written just gave me whiplash, setting up one scene and then jumping right into a different one o_O

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hello, I hope dont look like a fool, but where i can active the split option?
Not a fool bud. SanchoSplits are selectively chosen for specific choice by me. You'll know when they come up. They are toggled On/Off via the ChoiceGuide so if a player wanted to play "pure" then they don't see any menu choice changes at all. It's On by default but again, for select choices that I determine are parallel-enough events to be merged back together without seriously fucking up the flow of the story.

If that doesn't make sense (I'm on my first cup of coffee) then let me know and I'll provide pic examples. Regards.

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Hi, I've played chapter 3 with a walkthrough alone so I'm wondering, will it be fine to continue from where I left off if I install the ch4 update with your mod and use a previous save? I know you have a really smart fix for using saves with an unmodded game, but what if I want to load an unmodded save on a new game with your mod installed? It seems to be fine when testing it but I could be wrong. Apologies if it sounds stupid, I've never been in this situation before so I'm asking.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hi, I've played chapter 3 with a walkthrough alone so I'm wondering, will it be fine to continue from where I left off if I install the ch4 update with your mod and use a previous save? I know you have a really smart fix for using saves with an unmodded game, but what if I want to load an unmodded save on a new game with your mod installed? It seems to be fine when testing it but I could be wrong. Apologies if it sounds stupid, I've never been in this situation before so I'm asking.
If the previous Walkthrough wasn't a SanchoMod, I wouldn't risk it (unless you're talking about a PDF/text clue walkthrough playing an unmodded game). I think continuing an unmodded game with SanchoMod is probably fine, but Sancho will answer himself.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, if you wish to load an unmodded save inside a new install of SanchoMod all will be just fine and dandy. Got get you some. This is regardless of what VN I have a mod for... you can ALWAYS load previously virgin saves (unmodded saves). All your stats, etc will carry over with zero issues. If you have ever used another mod with the save it's a coin-toss. Many other "modders" out there don't know WTF they are doing... at all if I'm being honest.

Reactions: Lumi24

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Yes, if you wish to load an unmodded save inside a new install of SanchoMod all will be just fine and dandy. Got get you some. This is regardless of what VN I have a mod for... you can ALWAYS load previously virgin saves (unmodded saves). All your stats, etc will carry over with zero issues. If you have ever used another mod with the save it's a coin-toss. Many other "modders" out there don't know WTF they are doing... at all if I'm being honest.
Oh my, I love your work even more now because of this, thank you! Last question, since I pretty much just encountered this, are you supposed to get the scene I attached on a MASH playthrough? The ministat shows I have each character's path from MASH set to true but I think I must have messed up somewhere. I also have Ath/Hei, MoraOfficial, and AnHeOfficial set to True but the rest are false.

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
If the previous Walkthrough wasn't a SanchoMod, I wouldn't risk it (unless you're talking about a PDF/text clue walkthrough playing an unmodded game). I think continuing an unmodded game with SanchoMod is probably fine, but Sancho will answer himself.
Yes, the PDF walkthrough is what I was talking about in this case, thank you for responding :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh my, I love your work even more now because of this, thank you! Last question, since I pretty much just encountered this, are you supposed to get the scene I attached on a MASH playthrough? The ministat shows I have each character's path from MASH set to true but I think I must have messed up somewhere. I also have Ath/Hei, MoraOfficial, and AnHeOfficial set to True but the rest are false.
This menu choice is either (just as it states) Mora Breakup OR Mora Exclusive. Exclusive means solo, no one else, no combo by it's very definition. You do not get this menu choice while on a proper HAM or MASH pathing.

Reactions: Lumi24
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes