Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you very much for your patience. I'll end it here, I think it could be the game file I downloaded. I will download again and try. I always use your mods, I think your work is excellent. Stay with God and thank you so much again.
You don't have to end it bud. I'll be happy to help. Let's just get on the same sheet of music so we can narrow down the real issue. I'm not upset or discouraged... I've got your back to the best of my ability (I'm not perfect, I'm not the best, but we can figure this out).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 2099508

You are a man of great taste, my honours sir!
Bud, I can't take credit. That's the dev's variable name... I don't change them (except for capitalizations) in any SanchoMod. I just can't accept the praise that should go their way.... I have integrity... and a whiskey in hand. I do appreciate that you are using my work though... and hope it enhances your experience of the VN in some way.

Juca Alves

Apr 24, 2018
You don't have to end it bud. I'll be happy to help. Let's just get on the same sheet of music so we can narrow down the real issue. I'm not upset or discouraged... I've got your back to the best of my ability (I'm not perfect, I'm not the best, but we can figure this out).
I downloaded the game zip again, I downloaded your mod zip again. I made a fresh installation in the main directory (Disk C:) and with a short path. It worked. I am very grateful for your patience, attention and promptness. May God bless and enlighten you always.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I downloaded the game zip again, I downloaded your mod zip again. I made a fresh installation in the main directory (Disk C:) and with a short path. It worked. I am very grateful for your patience, attention and promptness. May God bless and enlighten you always.
I'm very glad it's all sorted for you. Now, after that long wait you had to overcome I only hope the mod meets or exceeds your expectations. Kind regards.

alyath

May 31, 2020
Sancho1969 I encounter a weird and not so complicated bug: I can nomal play the Game, and all works at intended, but if I use my XBox Pad. The Game says: No `Name defined and gives me a Error Screen. If I then rename my MC with your Mod all work for a couple of Scenes then it breaks again. With mouse/Keyborad all is fine.
Any suggestions if it is the Mod: the Game, my Pad, my Driver.....? Thanks and great work!

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Nice game but ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!! at the best moment of the game i get a : Image 'ch4e64outside' not found.
The climax of the game, the best moment i waited for and i get this !! Where is that dev i want to eviscerate him and strangle him with him own guts!!! :ROFLMAO:
Seriously that was the mistake to absolutely avoid, i did not get any other bug in that game, but this one is pure gold!

• Haha
Reactions: alyath

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nice game but ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!! at the best moment of the game i get a : Image 'ch4e64outside' not found.
The climax of the game, the best moment i waited for and i get this !! Where is that dev i want to eviscerate him and strangle him with him own guts!!! :ROFLMAO:
Seriously that was the mistake to absolutely avoid, i did not get any other bug in that game, but this one is pure gold!
That happened to another user on the VN's thread. I gave them a solution found in a post here. That should sort out the issue which I believe must be the uncompressed version of the DL that's borked. (it has nothing to do with the mod). Regards.

Reactions: JennaJJ

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 I encounter a weird and not so complicated bug: I can nomal play the Game, and all works at intended, but if I use my XBox Pad. The Game says: No `Name defined and gives me a Error Screen. If I then rename my MC with your Mod all work for a couple of Scenes then it breaks again. With mouse/Keyborad all is fine.
Any suggestions if it is the Mod: the Game, my Pad, my Driver.....? Thanks and great work!
There was a named not defined error last night from one of my most trusted users that we found was an issue with their original VN installation (the error occurred with and without the mod). The solution was to delete the persistent file in both places on a Win system. Details here if you'd like to try that. If you do, you can copy your old persistent to a safe location just to try that which will likely resolve. Chances are the fucked up original VN installation borked your persistent file... again, nothing to do with the mod. Keep me posted. It's past 2300 hours here so I need to grab a nap but I'll check back later.

Reactions: alyath

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Sancho1969 so, I'm about to make it a bit difficult on you. ;) You missed a path. I found it accidentaly when I decided to just fuck around. The actual harem path. Athena, Mora, Heidi AND Sadie. So, you might want to check into it. lol

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Sancho1969 so, I'm about to make it a bit difficult on you. ;) You missed a path. I found it accidentaly when I decided to just fuck around. The actual harem path. Athena, Mora, Heidi AND Sadie. So, you might want to check into it. lol
The path listing is going off the actual variables in the game, with the paths listed being the "Official" variables (which doesn't include Zenda or Val, for instance, despite both of them having a solo exclusive path). So while there's a mashedpotatoes variable, it's not a mashedpotatoesofficial variable yet. It's equivalent to the hamsandwich variable which preceded hamsandwichofficial.

Though it wouldn't hurt to add it after the Heidi/Sadie entry, since that's similarly a relationship variable that isn't an 'official' relationship variable.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
MASH is known bud... it comes automatically when you have HAMsandwich and get Sadie BJ with Heidi involved. Sadie then becomes part of the "group" creating MASH. So, there's no one choice to make it happen, it's a combo of HAM and HS.

Reactions: Tinuss

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
MASH is known bud... it comes automatically when you have HAMsandwich and get Sadie BJ with Heidi involved. Sadie then becomes part of the "group" creating MASH. So, there's no one choice to make it happen, it's a combo of HAM and HS.
I didn't get the BJ with Heidi involved though.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I didn't get the BJ with Heidi involved though.
Understood. If you have HAMsandwich AND SadieRelationship (not the Heidi/Sadie Path) then near the beginning of Ch4 you are automatically awarded MashedPotatoes (no shit). MashedPotatoes ends the same as the standard MASH in Ch4 but the dialogue is all different until then.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Understood. If you have HAMsandwich AND SadieRelationship (not the Heidi/Sadie Path) then near the beginning of Ch4 you are automatically awarded MashedPotatoes (no shit). MashedPotatoes ends the same as the standard MASH in Ch4 but the dialogue is all different until then.
Hell, Sadie didn't even show up for Halloween party. It came out at the time of telling our secret. I didn't know about 'MashedPotatoes'. lol But, just checked the variables I do have that as 'True'. Go figure. lol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hell, Sadie didn't even show up for Halloween party. It came out at the time of telling our secret. I didn't know about 'MashedPotatoes'. lol But, just checked the variables I do have that as 'True'. Go figure. lol
Think of it as the merging of two highways (paths) of either HAMsandwich+Heidi/Sadie OR HAMsandwich+SadieRelationship. Both have Heidi in them (HAM), MashedPotatoes simply is used as a way to merge.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Think of it as the merging of two highways (paths) of either HAMsandwich+Heidi/Sadie OR HAMsandwich+SadieRelationship. Both have Heidi in them (HAM), MashedPotatoes simply is used as a way to merge.
Yeah. I get it. Not a fan of the path, so I deleted the save. I was just seeing what kind of trouble I could get in and knowing Val and Zenda(kind of) are solo paths, I just went with the 4.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah. I get it. Not a fan of the path, so I deleted the save. I was just seeing what kind of trouble I could get in and knowing Val and Zenda(kind of) are solo paths, I just went with the 4.
Just an FYI - the HeidiSolo or AthenaSolo routes are kinda tearjerkers, the HeidiSolo more so.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes