Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Thank you so much for all the work you put into these mods, Sancho. It is truly appreciated.
Just downloaded the one for this game, but noticed what I assume is just something you forgot to change. That, or I'm completely missing something, which is very possible.
It should be V.04, not V.03 right?

Skärmbild från 2022-10-13 08-13-56.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, am at the point with Nicole, if I refuse her I get a point with Valeria? What if I'm not on Valeria's path, does it even matter?
Val is the odd duck in the VN. She does not share well and doesn't like Nicole as much as she first hints at. So, yeah, playing Nicole doesn't bode well for Val outcome. If you don't care about Val then do whatever you want with Nicole. Again, Val is the odd duck... second place goes to Zenda who kinda shares but only with Maddie.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nah, that all makes sense.

I can't really say what outcomes are the most ideal, partially because I'm only playing certain paths. I do know that if you go with the Sadie + Heidi path through the gallery-only route, there's no option for a creampie in the Ch. 4 scene. As in actual visuals and renders, not just dialogue changes (and the dialogue seems to vary a lot, from what I remember). As far as I can tell, it's totally decided based on previous variables leading up there. I think the devs have done an excellent job with this game, but I will say I think that's a little odd to not give the player the choice in the scene itself.

Anyway, I just ended up playing the game through again to get the variables I wanted, so it's resolved (for me, anyway). Thanks for your work on the mod!
I get it bud, really. Like I said some of my mods I code all variants of a scene. Others, like this VN I elect the "easy" way out and code them without any additional variable triggers. It's always a judgement call. Yes, I could spend the extra time required for each VN I mod but it no doubt would double the workload at a minimum. I'm not lazy but I do try to be somewhat efficient. By the time SanchoMod Core v8 comes around all this will have been sorted and instead of having 2 to 4 variants of the same scene in the gallery maybe I'll ask brief intro questions before play the scene to layup the desired result. Both ways have pros and cons though. I do understand where you're coming from though, honestly.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Val is the odd duck in the VN. She does not share well and doesn't like Nicole as much as she first hints at. So, yeah, playing Nicole doesn't bode well for Val outcome. If you don't care about Val then do whatever you want with Nicole. Again, Val is the odd duck... second place goes to Zenda who kinda shares but only with Maddie.
Yeah. I'm only on one path. I just think that variable is moot. Especially since the game doesn't keep track of who you're with. I had 0 points with Valeria until that point. lol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ilhares joeysalamander @ others

I'll make some variants of the larger scenes in the gallery. I want to consume a bit more coffee before I proceed though as I have two ways to do this... making separate scenes (v1, v2, v3, etc) OR asking a few questions after starting a scene to lay it up. The latter could get tedious for viewing scene but would be cleaner (not a bazillion scenes in the gallery) so there's trade offs that must be considered before coding it out.

Edit: Here's example of separating the scenes. In-game you can see it clearly (the green text) that states "vHCI" which stands for "version Heidi CumInside". This is the layup for the alternate scene progression in this example:
1665669668954.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah. I'm only on one path. I just think that variable is moot. Especially since the game doesn't keep track of who you're with. I had 0 points with Valeria until that point. lol
I'll just say that Nicole's first go is a freebie... the second time not so much. I hush on that as not to spoil anything further.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'll just say that Nicole's first go is a freebie... the second time not so much. I hush on that as not to spoil anything further.
I turned Nicole down the first time and I'll do it the next time also. Like I said, I'm only playing one path and that's Mora's. Even if Nicole's part doesn't interfer with Mora's path, I'm not going to bang her.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
So uhh how important is this choice here in regards to HAM Sandwich

Just kinda wanna know before I jump into it either tonight or tomorrow,Not to worried if you have to spoil somthing Ill probably forget what the spoiler is by the time I get to it but I do wanna know if one of the choices effects it in a negative way.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Just kinda wanna know before I jump into it either tonight or tomorrow,Not to worried if you have to spoil somthing Ill probably forget what the spoiler is by the time I get to it but I do wanna know if one of the choices effects it in a negative way.
Just as the ChoiceGuide says... they all award Love +1 in Ch2... that's it. Choose your favorite.

Reactions: DarhkBlu

mocap3069

Oct 7, 2017
I cannot get the newest update to work. Crashes the game every time. I had to reinstall and start over using my saved game.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Ilhares joeysalamander @ others

I'll make some variants of the larger scenes in the gallery. I want to consume a bit more coffee before I proceed though as I have two ways to do this... making separate scenes (v1, v2, v3, etc) OR asking a few questions after starting a scene to lay it up. The latter could get tedious for viewing scene but would be cleaner (not a bazillion scenes in the gallery) so there's trade offs that must be considered before coding it out.

Edit: Here's example of separating the scenes. In-game you can see it clearly (the green text) that states "vHCI" which stands for "version Heidi CumInside". This is the layup for the alternate scene progression in this example:
I'm not a Ren'Py fluent code monkey, and you clearly have the expertise, so I shall ask it this way- rather than adding X number of extra scene variations, could you not just use a filter-like button at the top to decide of Heidi was being the cum bucket or not? You could keep your individual count down and just set the variable (if toggled) when launching the scene, no?

In both my HAM and HAMS playthrough I made sure to select Exercising first, to guarantee the adequate points balance later in the game. I remember having a few games where I chose otherwise and it ended up not coming out right, but I suppose there could have been other factors to mess it up.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I cannot get the newest update to work. Crashes the game every time. I had to reinstall and start over using my saved game.
Sorry bud, you must elaborate a bit more than that... what do you mean by "crashes"... if so attach the traceback. For the ultimate guaranteed way to use all SanchoMod's is to install a clean/new version of the VN, then install the mod... just those two steps with NO OTHER shenanigans.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm not a Ren'Py fluent code monkey, and you clearly have the expertise, so I shall ask it this way- rather than adding X number of extra scene variations, could you not just use a filter-like button at the top to decide of Heidi was being the cum bucket or not? You could keep your individual count down and just set the variable (if toggled) when launching the scene, no?
Well, the filters simply categorize the coded scenes... so all the scenes exist anyway. If you mean can a make a button of sorts that has a "Heidi Cumbucket" variant I probably could but then I would need to code every single scene to check that new code, see if it applies, then execute it. Sounds simple but could be a fiasco... It's not the worst idea though so I'll debate that for a bit.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, the filters simply categorize the coded scenes... so all the scenes exist anyway. If you mean can a make a button of sorts that has a "Heidi Cumbucket" variant I probably could but then I would need to code every single scene to check that new code, see if it applies, then execute it. Sounds simple but could be a fiasco... It's not the worst idea though so I'll debate that for a bit.
I still think there should be an 'All' choice when it comes to the choice in the bar with Val. For the people who want the HAM sandwich. Even though I'm on Mora's solo path, I always choose 'Excercisng'.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ilhares I think I'm going to take a variant of your suggestion and work some code with a button (we'll call it "Heidi CumInside" for now) and place it at the top "Replay Options". Then I'll have each scene reference whether that button is enabled or not and change the scene accordingly. The theory is simple... the code... we'll see.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ilhares

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Holy shit! The button only took a couple minutes... but the code. I had a feeling it sounded trivial but in reality what a chore. Anyway, I got it working but... I can see this functioning for only a few SanchoMods due to the way I had to code it. Those that only have a few variants (such as this one with Heidi's stats) then it'll work 100%... others not so much.
1665678224557.png 1665678253488.png
Not to get into the weeds too much but suffice it to say that I code all the scenes and associated scene variables required in lists, tuples, and dictionaries. RenPy reads these on game load but changing them all at the flick of the switch is a whole other story. So I made a workaround. The downside is like I stated above, it won't work in complex galleries I've made in other VNs. I'll figure all that out later though. Right now I know this works 100% so I just have to go through the multiple LI scenes and insure the new code grabs them all.

Reactions: JennaJJ and Ilhares

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I made the variants a filter as well:
1665682246191.png

I'm basically done with this request but give me a bit before I push it out... I have to write some new Sancho anti-theft code for the Core. I'm a bit pissed off right now tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: Elhemeer and Tinuss

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I made the variants a filter as well:
View attachment 2098981

I'm basically done with this request but give me a bit before I push it out... I have to write some new Sancho anti-theft code for the Core. I'm a bit pissed off right now tbh.
Are you the reason all my previous Sancho-modded saves have the 0000oooo0000 type variables in them that break the game if I try to load without it?

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes