Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Fuck me. Hold on a second. MJ... you said you never played the VN before but might have had a bad DL from the start. Do this for me... open File Explorer and navigate to your "AppData/Roaming/RenPy" folder. Find the "BareWitness-1615628163" folder and delete the whole damn thing. Now within the "game" folder of the VN find the "saves" folder and do the same thing. Get rid of all the persistent shit. Restart the VN and test.

YAY! That did it. All fixed now. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
YAY! That did it. All fixed now. Thank you.
I should have known from the start but it just dawned on me "I've never played it before" (not quite quoted correctly but you get the idea). I'm quite happy that worked for you. Bad DLs cause multiple issues and I've been here before with folks so should've thought of it sooner. Blame the whiskey. Please enjoy m'lady.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
A little late now, but everything is 100% fine here, loaded up fine, started a new game and sped through the 1st chapter, then loaded my saves from the previous version, no errors. I'll finish my playthrough to look for any other script issues but it looks extremely solid.

As always, great work Sancho. We don't deserve you.

And damn this game is good.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A little late now, but everything is 100% fine here, loaded up fine, started a new game and sped through the 1st chapter, then loaded my saves from the previous version, no errors. I'll finish my playthrough to look for any other script issues but it looks extremely solid.

As always, great work Sancho. We don't deserve you.

And damn this game is good.
The VN is good, I agree 100% (imho opinion of course which doesn't mean shit). You do deserve someone, anyone, that will provide what they say they do from their own sourcing and not from stealing from fellow sight members... so you do deserve me and I'm honored for the appreciation (I only mod these damn VN's for my own use at the end of the day, I only share out of generosity to by brothers and sisters). Thank you so much for the time and effort to test. I apologize I didn't think of the solution earlier but I've so much going on IRL plus all these extracurricular activities. Thanks again bud... sincerely.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Only 3K downloads? Really? Where's the love? This VN should be over 7K by now... did I fuck it up? I'll give it overnight and if it's still low then I'll pump it (pun intended).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
fantastic mod !!! Sancho thank u so much (y)
Thank you for the kind words. If it is later worth your time then leave a review of your pros/cons. Good or bad doesn't matter, it's the only way I'll know if I'm staying on track helping folks out. Regards to you and yours bud. Be well.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Need to restart. Don't remember shit. Ahaha Good thing I have your mod, bro. Great job as always.
It's a good VN brother.. restart shouldn't be an inconvenience imho. Thank you my brother for your consistent support and input. I trust the fam is doing well. Regards to them all sir.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
It's a good VN brother.. restart shouldn't be an inconvenience imho. Thank you my brother for your consistent support and input. I trust the fam is doing well. Regards to them all sir.
Yeah. It's good. Was a patron before the game even dropped, but, things always go sideways. lol You know I've got your back, brother. Everyone is doing good. Business life is being stressful right now, but, I'll get past it like I always do.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah. It's good. Was a patron before the game even dropped, but, things always go sideways. lol You know I've got your back, brother. Everyone is doing good. Business life is being stressful right now, but, I'll get past it like I always do.
I hear you on that. Fucking inflationary supply probs are kickin' my ass too. One of the only businesses I have left open is agricultural and it's hemorrhaging cashflow. Thank sanity I set it up under an S-Corp. Fuck it. I blame the Snowflakes. :ROFLMAO:

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
"Fingerblast5000"
I can't stop laughing. I am actually getting dizzy from laughing.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I hear you on that. Fucking inflationary supply probs are kickin' my ass too. One of the only businesses I have left open is agricultural and it's hemorrhaging cashflow. Thank sanity I set it up under an S-Corp. Fuck it. I blame the Snowflakes. :ROFLMAO:
I'm not hemorraging, but, I've got my fingers in several pies. Just dealing with governmental bs left and right. Greedy mofos. If they can't get it through proper channels, they fucking steal it.

Mar 16, 2020
Sancho1969

I just discovered there's different dialogue in certain scenes based off previous choices. For example, here. I'm not getting this dialogue when I try to play the scene in the SanchoGallery, probably because I never made the prerequisite choice.

Does the mod not cover this scenario? Am I missing something to enable dialogue changes? Figured I'd ask. No worries if not, I can just do a speedy playthrough.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I just have to say, I'm playing this game because I saw you modded it ... partially 'cause your mod is awesome and partially 'cause your taste is clearly awesome.

In the immortal words of a fast food chain: I'm lovin' it! Thanks Sancho

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969

I just discovered there's different dialogue in certain scenes based off previous choices. For example, here. I'm not getting this dialogue when I try to play the scene in the SanchoGallery, probably because I never made the prerequisite choice.

Does the mod not cover this scenario? Am I missing something to enable dialogue changes? Figured I'd ask. No worries if not, I can just do a speedy playthrough.
Well, in regards to the gallery I guess your question requires me to take us a bit into the weeds to explain. You see, most scenes have "variants" depending on choices made during the game while playing. In a scene gallery the modder/coder must decide which variables are to be set when viewing the scene. Usually I will make multiple variants of the same scene in my mods to cover the basis but in this VN I used the same exact variants of variables that the dev used in the OEM gallery. That is to say that I made SanchoGallery play scenes exactly like the OEM gallery is to keep things consistent. I hope what I'm typing makes sense after a few whiskies. If I were to take into account all the different variants of scene dialogues in the gallery it woul be 3 or 4 times the size which is way too much tbh. It was my hope that the dev's choice of variable conditionals would be the most "medium to best case" scenario for the scenes. If it isn't then I might have to re-evaluate my assessment of the dev's ability to make a proper scene.

Reactions: Elhemeer
Mar 16, 2020
Well, in regards to the gallery I guess your question requires me to take us a bit into the weeds to explain. You see, most scenes have "variants" depending on choices made during the game while playing. In a scene gallery the modder/coder must decide which variables are to be set when viewing the scene. Usually I will make multiple variants of the same scene in my mods to cover the basis but in this VN I used the same exact variants of variables that the dev used in the OEM gallery. That is to say that I made SanchoGallery play scenes exactly like the OEM gallery is to keep things consistent. I hope what I'm typing makes sense after a few whiskies. If I were to take into account all the different variants of scene dialogues in the gallery it woul be 3 or 4 times the size which is way too much tbh. It was my hope that the dev's choice of variable conditionals would be the most "medium to best case" scenario for the scenes. If it isn't then I might have to re-evaluate my assessment of the dev's ability to make a proper scene.
Nah, that all makes sense.

I can't really say what outcomes are the most ideal, partially because I'm only playing certain paths. I do know that if you go with the Sadie + Heidi path through the gallery-only route, there's no option for a creampie in the Ch. 4 scene. As in actual visuals and renders, not just dialogue changes (and the dialogue seems to vary a lot, from what I remember). As far as I can tell, it's totally decided based on previous variables leading up there. I think the devs have done an excellent job with this game, but I will say I think that's a little odd to not give the player the choice in the scene itself.

Anyway, I just ended up playing the game through again to get the variables I wanted, so it's resolved (for me, anyway). Thanks for your work on the mod!

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes