Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
All my saves are bricked on the base game, I'm guessing that's because I was playing with this mod ?
You always have a choice with SanchoMod. If you don't want to wait just a bit longer for the mod update then simply install the "SaveFixer" in the OP inside your unmodded game and you're good to go. Otherwise the mod will be ready shortly. I always have your back to the best of my ability. Your saves will be fine either way.

Note: IMPORTANT... don't forget about the SaveFixer file later. If you install the mod later you need to remove (delete) the SaveFixer file first. They are not 100% compatible with each other (you can't run both simultaneously).

Reactions: Ilhares

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okey-dokey. I'm gonna go upstairs and grab me today's first Crown & Coke then start compiling this beast for integrity checks. I'll test on 4 bench units before deploying as usual. Will be just a bit so...

Prepare yourself to get you some

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch 4)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP are updated accordingly.

Newest feature set:
  • Utilizes the latest SanchoMod Core code - well, this goes without saying, it's the first thing I always do so things stay on point.
  • Hotkey dialogue box adjustments - Alt+Arrow keys adjust the dialogue box opacity and dialogue font size. This is exactly the same effect you've used inside the SanchoOptions screen but allows you to perform the same thing via the keyboard without having to access the options menu.
  • Menu Choice Opacity - yes, you can even change that.
  • Menu Choice fade in / fade out
  • SanchoGallery scene filters
  • Whatever else I'm forgetting.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (Ch 4)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP are updated accordingly.

Newest feature set:
  • Utilizes the latest SanchoMod Core code - well, this goes without saying, it's the first thing I always do so things stay on point.
  • Hotkey dialogue box adjustments - Alt+Arrow keys adjust the dialogue box opacity and dialogue font size. This is exactly the same effect you've used inside the SanchoOptions screen but allows you to perform the same thing via the keyboard without having to access the options menu.
  • Menu Choice Opacity - yes, you can even change that.
  • Menu Choice fade in / fade out
  • Whatever else I'm forgetting.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.
Awesomeness, just in time for the tail end of today's first batch. Thank you so very much for this!!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm ready to start playing it myself (finally). I'll be online for a the evening sippin' Crown so I'll keep an eye on the thread in case there's a fubar I missed. Enjoy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ" and razardkun

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 2097790 Tried to boot it up, and ended up getting this before it loaded the menu.
It appears from the traceback that you are getting that near the very start. I started a new game and at first screen turned on all the options just to check and can't replicate, nor can I find a variable "name" referenced anywhere. Is this from an old save or from a new game MJ?

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
It appears from the traceback that you are getting that near the very start. I started a new game and at first screen turned on all the options just to check and can't replicate, nor can I find a variable "name" referenced anywhere. Is this from an old save or from a new game MJ?
Never even played the game before, it did that before it gave me the very first menu when you can pick start, load, etc.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Never even played the game before, it did that before it gave me the very first menu when you can pick start, load, etc.
MJ, you using compressed or original DL of VN? The only "name" variable I find is the standard RenPy version which is referenced in the original VN script (unaltered by me). I'm trying to narrow down but I'm only have compressed version on my end at the moment. Traceback isn't giving me the exact file issue except that it's occurring at the opening video

Reactions: JenMistress

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
MJ, you using compressed or original DL of VN? The only "name" variable I find is the standard RenPy version which is referenced in the original VN script (unaltered by me). I'm trying to narrow down but I'm only have compressed version on my end at the moment. Traceback isn't giving me the exact file issue except that it's occurring at the opening video
The big 4.96GB file.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The big 4.96GB file.
DL the attached, and copy the contents inside your "game" directory which should ask to overwrite all of the originals. This should get us on the same "sheet of music". I'll delete this post after you DL the file so it doesn't confuse other folks.

Edit: FILE REMOVED

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I'm going to zip all the scripts for you so it'll overwirte them (not the images but the code). Let's start there and see what's what. One moment please.
And let me try redownloading it while you do that. They may have had a defective version in Mega earlier as I am noticing the version they have now under Mega is slightly different.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And let me try redownloading it while you do that. They may have had a defective version in Mega earlier as I am noticing the version they have now under Mega is slightly different.
No problem, I'll standby. The above post has the modded scripts plus those that I didn't touch at all so it's everything except the core mod itself.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes