Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, in other news I've completely rewritten all the stat screens and halfway through the ChoiceGuide rough draft. Folks, you're gonna have to make some relp choices here so be prepared for naming multiple saves... splitting will be limited. Also there's preggo for you baby-momma kinkers... but I ain't saying who all with.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn... ok, if you fucked Nicole in Ch3 you will want to hold onto a save prior to that choice for "specific LIs" (I'm not going to spoil anything of course). I might have to make a toggle for it in SanchoCheats for convenience. I'll debate it as I move forward. I know this is a bit cryptic but true fans will most assuredly want to go into this update blind. Again, be careful if you're reading posts in another thread since there's too many dumb-dumbs that don't know how to use the spoiler tag. ... I'm back to it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Rough coding of the dynamic ChoiceGuide done... now it's time to speed run, mark the lewd scenes, and code them into the revised gallery as I keep bug hunting and start polishing the wheels. Thank you for your patience but this is one of those VN's I prefer to perfect as much as possible. I'm not posting teaser pics as I usually do on purpose... I highly suggest you go into the chapter knowing as little as possible. I'll post my usual ending screen Sancho thank you teaser pic once I'm done with the speedruns and coding the gallery.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Double-post, sorry... but someone ping me if the bug fix scripts become available. I need to use both of my monitors during this phase so I won't have this site up fulltime for a bit. Thanks.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since I feel I'm a bit ahead of schedule (yeah, I know, mine not yours :p) I've coded the SanchoGallery proper so when you view any scene it does NOT auto unlock the OEM gallery. This is obviously on purpose so you can keep the OEM gallery as "cheevos" aka achievements. Seems I forgot to do that in the Ch3 version of the mod so my apologies. It's done now though, tested, and bulletproof. I'm back to speedrunning as the SanchoGallery is done except categorizing the scene types for the filters.

Chronos7

Dec 10, 2020
Damn I was going to play without this mod because I wanted to play it already (first time) but after reading your comments you are working so hard that I have decided to wait for it. Thanks for the great effort :)

Reactions: Otaku_Bob

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn I was going to play without this mod because I wanted to play it already (first time) but after reading your comments you are working so hard that I have decided to wait for it. Thanks for the great effort :)
If you've never used a SanchoMod before then I hope you're in for a treat, considering it's 100% customizable (you can toggle all the mods features On/Off on the fly anytime you wish). Use only the options you wish. Some folks use SanchoMod only for GUI customization and don't use the ChoiceGuide for a spoiler-free playing experience, etc. Bottom line I believe choice should be on the person consuming the media and shouldn't be forced into anything someone like me thinks you need or want. Regards.

Reactions: Jonjonj

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Update status:

Lastest v6a Core porting - Done
ChoiceGuide - Done
SanchoGallery - Done
Fixing dev bugs as I go - WIP

Speedruns continue but that's about it. I've tested all the latest features and they work flawlessly. I'm not going to implement the alt character renaming feature in this initial update... maybe later as I need time to code it in proper (it's not as modular as some other features tbh, it's a bit of work). I'll keep y'all posted but seeing's how its almost 1400 hours (2pm) here there shouldn't be any issue getting this out this evening my time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Is there a single button toggle for the ministat screen? Like click 'a' to open and again 'a' to close?
Negative bud. Currently the hotbuttons coded (if memory serves) are Esc to close a StatScreen/Options/Cheat screens, and the Alt+Arrow keys in the pending update that will adjust dialogue text size and box opacity without having to go inside SanchoOptions to adjust. With the MiniStat I have it click-toggled only in either the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions but I do code it to disappear during lewd scenes, etc, so it's somewhat automated.

Reactions: 2x973

2x973

Aug 24, 2022
Negative bud. Currently the hotbuttons coded (if memory serves) are Esc to close a StatScreen/Options/Cheat screens, and the Alt+Arrow keys in the pending update that will adjust dialogue text size and box opacity without having to go inside SanchoOptions to adjust. With the MiniStat I have it click-toggled only in either the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions but I do code it to disappear during lewd scenes, etc, so it's somewhat automated.
Thanks for the reply and quick response.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the reply and quick response.
Is a hotkey for it a missed feature? I just don't want to use unnecessary keyboard real estate more than I have. I'll take any reasonable request under consideration.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
All my saves are bricked on the base game, I'm guessing that's because I was playing with this mod ?

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes