Mod Ren'Py Bare Witness [Ch. 5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
No problem, I'll standby. The above post has the modded scripts plus those that I didn't touch at all so it's everything except the core mod itself.
With that mini file, works half the time, but those times it doesn't, seems like pushing Ignore it continues to load fine, so I say, close enough.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
With that mini file, works half the time, but those times it doesn't, seems like pushing Ignore it continues to load fine, so I say, close enough.
Very confusing MJ, I'm guessing most folks have the compressed version as there's no other reports yet. Consider using it if the images don't grate on you too much. I'll delete that post with the file since you have it. If you get a different traceback then attach it for me so I can figure out what's going on.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Very confusing MJ, I'm guessing most folks have the compressed version as there's no other reports yet. Consider using it if the images don't grate on you too much. I'll delete that post with the file since you have it. If you get a different traceback then attach it for me so I can figure out what's going on.
Looks like if I do get it to start, up to the first choice, it plays fine. Right now, it is the 5th game in 3rd roll of my list. First 2 rolls I consider in range, in that if I don't have too much before hand, can normally play a bit upon them during my gaming sessions, so this is just slightly out of range for the time being until I get caught up with the Dev on 5 more games. But I shall be sure to let you know if anything when I get to it. Thank you.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Looks like if I do get it to start, up to the first choice, it plays fine. Right now, it is the 5th game in 3rd roll of my list. First 2 rolls I consider in range, in that if I don't have too much before hand, can normally play a bit upon them during my gaming sessions, so this is just slightly out of range for the time being until I get caught up with the Dev on 5 more games. But I shall be sure to let you know if anything when I get to it. Thank you.
What are you using to extract the file? I stopped using WinRar as it's a hit or miss type of thing now. I use 7zip and haven't had any issues yet. knock on wood

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FWIW I've been using 7zip to zip all the mod files the past few months. For personal files I rar via WinRar but that's irrelevant. I know it was an issue before for Wolf so there might be some merit there... for the zip use either Windoze native or 7zip if further testing is needed. To note I use WinRar on all bench testing units to extract the contents for the actual zip file I upload so it should be fine but every system is different so... dunno. It'd be a last ditch attempt imho.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Maybe try with 7zip. Results may vary. So, I won't promise it will fix the issues as it could've even been a corrupt download.
Tried 7zip, and same thing happened, even before I added the mod, so maybe it is the file itself that isn't agreeing with me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm pulling the full version off of RPDL right now, I'll load up the mod and start a new game to see if I have any issues.
Thank you. I'm in too remote of an area currently to do so myself. If you have time and not too much to ask please report your findings. Kind regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Is there a single button toggle for the ministat screen? Like click 'a' to open and again 'a' to close?
Bud, I haven't forgot about your post. Let me know your suggestion if something is inconvenient in the way it currently works. Like I said I take all constructive criticism under consideration. It's the only way to improve beyond my own imagination. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
7zip, and same thing, before I even added the mod, error message.
This is truly odd Mistress. Is it the same traceback? Cedroc1701 is doing some investigation to replicate your issue. No one else has reported so I'm a bit beside myself but we will find out what is going on. You know I won't let you down MJ. You've always had my back so I damn well have yours.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
This is truly odd Mistress. Is it the same traceback? Cedroc1701 is doing some investigation to replicate your issue. No one else has reported so I'm a bit beside myself but we will find out what is going on. You know I won't let you down MJ. You've always had my back so I damn well have yours.
Exactly the same, yes.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FWIW this is the only reference to "name" in the entire VN which is standard RenPy (it's this way be default, it's not custom):
Python:
style say_label:
    properties gui.text_properties("name", accent=True)
    xalign gui.name_xalign
    yalign 0.5
I can modify it but that doesn't get to the core of the issue... and that's what must be found in this case. "name" is used by default by RenPy for the dialogue box's character naming block (the colored character name you always see when playing a VN). It's been stock code since the very beginning of RenPy so this type of error is extremely odd... which leads me to believe the problem is right in front of us.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Exactly the same, yes.
Fuck me. Hold on a second. MJ... you said you never played the VN before but might have had a bad DL from the start. Do this for me... open File Explorer and navigate to your "AppData/Roaming/RenPy" folder. Find the "BareWitness-1615628163" folder and delete the whole damn thing. Now within the "game" folder of the VN find the "saves" folder and do the same thing. Get rid of all the persistent shit. Restart the VN and test.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes