VN Ren'Py BBS2 [Development Thread]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

How do you feel about changing Bobby's looks?

• Looks good, go for it

Votes: 2,368 52.8%
  • I don't like that he's taller than the girls, but I'm ok with the new model

Votes: 463 10.3%
  • I don't really mind it - as long as the story & Bobby's character remains the same, I don't mind

Votes: 727 16.2%
  • I didn't really like it / I prefer the original - but it's fine

Votes: 300 6.7%
  • WTF?... change it back (while there's still time)

Votes: 627 14.0%

• Total voters

prophet-one

May 18, 2021
I admit I'm having second thoughts on using an older and different model for Bobby.
But I am worried about being perceived as a copycat (to quote you), by Patreon.
I wanna grab some cash, P-O. I cannot run this without redirecting some of my paid hours to it. It's way too taxing.
But one thing I don't wanna do is crippling this whole project for fearing that.
I am doing this out of love. I want my take in the adult games scene, and BBS is what I want to work on.

One thing I can asure you thou, is that the more I work on it, the more I feel like I must keep things as they were.
And I've being going back on quite a few things, small things, I thought I could do different.
I am neither doing what Axe aimed to do, nor I am doing what NaRP & the folks there want to do.
It's my own take. It's not the same.
But then again, I welcome you guys coming in here and talking to me, please do.
Let's keep a communication channel open, talking to you is helping me to avoid making a few mistakes that otherwise I would've.
(mistakes as in doing things that could jeopardize the project, and backfire.. force me away from what I intend to do)

(...)

Idk man.. sometimes I feel like I should just do it exactly the way RAinces was doing it, u know? Forget art design, just copy it.
And I could, I suppose.

Even render the whole thing in 1280x720 for Christ's sake.
:rolleyes:

But I need to decide my roots quickly. I feel like I'm starting to spiral.
And I've got the script, dialogues ready, scenes ready.. over 300 scenes ready to render. (but easy to adjust, if I must)
I'm already getting to know Ren'py.
I've already grown pretty damn familiar to Daz.
And I've got plenty people willing to help.

Right now I am only rendering scenes without Bobby. Since I might do as you wish.

I'll keep you posted. And running.. late 2021 tops.
I really appreciate you reading all our posts. We only aim to help you reach your goal and ours - the continuing of a great fun game.

If you have to change Bobby in order to submit it to Patreon, you do what you have to do. Full support here. Monetizing is essential for it to be sustainable. No free labor here. But I'd rather you didn't. Having 2 paralel versions with minor differences just in case? Figure out the best for yourself first, then for the rest of us.

Please avoid posting release dates. Do your thing. Plan monetization. Have fun. Give away some teasers. And when you believe it's 99.9% complete (never is), give us a date.

More confident now about your project. Keep up the good work

Post Comment - Don't worry about the spiral. It's normal. Break it down to bite-sized pieces. Focus on the scenes and on the fun of playing them. Forget the big picture for now. Let the scenes guide your screenplay. It will all come together in the end.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: SummmerP

Anthony222

Jan 18, 2020
I thought about an idea for a feature in the game like have a choice to see if you want to play with old bobby or new bobby, and not say on patreon, how would they know anyway, yes its your game you can do whatever you want but how does patreon go about accepting a game like bbs, do they have people playing the game or what, I don't have patreon and I don't understand it

nytep

Aug 16, 2020
Probably going to need to find a new name. I don't think Bad Bobby Saga 2.0 is going to cut it if you want to avoid copyright issues.

Maybe make the names, ages, and relationships editable to avoid needing a patch.

Lastly. Patreon might not be the best route for funding. I don't know the details on how each payout or what fees are taken but if it's not too much difference Subsribestar from the start might be the best way to go.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you stay true to your vision. I'm sure a little constructive input from users can be useful but too many cooks spoil the broth. It's okay to take some artistic license with your remake.

Your Bobby model is fine. Less cartoonish than the original. I think some like the creepy factor that comes with his short stature though.

Anna looks great.

The other girls look good too.

A lot of the magic that made the original so great is Bobby's general creepiness against their obvious discomfort.

Too many stories have the women suddenly jumping on MCs dock after just the slightest manipulation or teasing. If it's his family we have to believe they will never be comfortable with the idea of sex with him even if they do it out of desperation.

I've got a lot of ideas for how to shoot the creep factor through the roof without going dark like some of the other games I've seen pop up here lately. Feel free to PM me if you're interested. I'd be happy to share them.

Lalelilolu

Jul 30, 2019
If it was up to me, yes.
My fetishes know no boundaries.

Wait, still around?
Oh boy, BBS hardly has any.
:ROFLMAO:

atm, the amount of NTR intended is minor, it's pratically a side note, much like what's in the original.

I'll leave the decision on whether we should create actual routes to that to our future patrons.
(but in the future)
Of course there was very little content but from the beginning the game showed that the history route was going to be focused on blackmail, opportunism and with many possibilities of NTR content besides that one of the few sex scenes in the game is from Ann being abused by her boss.

For example In the case of Lucy there may be opportunities like her exam where Bobby planned to steal it and somehow blackmail her by showing that he had clues that she had cheated on the exam and that he planned to show them to Ann or the school principal, perhaps the The same teacher will notice that she cheated and so he could resort to blackmail her, many possibilities :v.

Talking about love in bad bobby is unconvincing, I find it difficult to change the panorama where he does everything possible to take advantage of them towards one where the girls fall in love with him, unless he begins to perform actions of heroism where he saves them from some problem very big and they begin to see it differently but I prefer not to inquire into this panorama, it is boring.

About copyright problems, I don't know what they are talking about since there is a game called Big Brother Another history that is a perfect clone of the game with the same name which is even still published by its main author and I have never seen that there has been any kind of problem even when using absolutely everything the same, names, models and history, besides how many of us have seen the same models over and over again in many different games, the truth is I don't think that could be a problem.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
What a welcome surprise, SummmerP ! We all appreciate you taking this on, and listening to feedback.

Regarding the poll, I DEFINITELY prefer this adult/bigger version of Bobby! For all the reasons you already mentioned story line-wise, but also because it was just too difficult for me to identify with the original tiny child-like character. That was probably the only thing I didn't like about the original game. Based on the poll options, it's pretty evenly split, so I hope you stick to your original decision. That being said, the new model does look a bit douchey - I might explore a different face design while still keeping his bigger/adult body.

As for the girls, Liza and Lucy were my favorites, and they both look great! I too really liked the french brain Liza sported, but she looks good with the ponytail too. Jenny though looks...off. She doesn't really look like new or old Jenny, unless I'm missing something. IMO she looks less attractive, and did she get bigger?

Great that you're planning to stick to RAinces vibe of storytelling. Hope there will continue to be blackmail, manipulation, sleep sex, and general creepiness themes that made the original game so great - hopefully without the killer grind. Excited to see what you have in store!

Tk42799

Dec 3, 2017
Wishing you the Best,
SummmerP

Just a quick suggestion...don't try and please everyone.

The core elements of BBS is what made this game a keeper and kept us coming back for more. Start with your plan and later if you choose, begin incorporating "other" suggestions/requests.

We're all rooting for ya...;)

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
I thought about an idea for a feature in the game like have a choice to see if you want to play with old bobby or new bobby, and not say on patreon, how would they know anyway, yes its your game you can do whatever you want but how does patreon go about accepting a game like bbs, do they have people playing the game or what, I don't have patreon and I don't understand it
That'd be awesome.
But who's gonna do it?
:whistle:
I know I won't.
Double the renders, Tony. That's madness.

Probably going to need to find a new name. I don't think Bad Bobby Saga 2.0 is going to cut it if you want to avoid copyright issues.

Maybe make the names, ages, and relationships editable to avoid needing a patch.

Lastly. Patreon might not be the best route for funding. I don't know the details on how each payout or what fees are taken but if it's not too much difference Subsribestar from the start might be the best way to go.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you stay true to your vision. I'm sure a little constructive input from users can be useful but too many cooks spoil the broth. It's okay to take some artistic license with your remake.

Your Bobby model is fine. Less cartoonish than the original. I think some like the creepy factor that comes with his short stature though.

Anna looks great.

The other girls look good too.

A lot of the magic that made the original so great is Bobby's general creepiness against their obvious discomfort.

Too many stories have the women suddenly jumping on MCs dock after just the slightest manipulation or teasing. If it's his family we have to believe they will never be comfortable with the idea of sex with him even if they do it out of desperation.

I've got a lot of ideas for how to shoot the creep factor through the roof without going dark like some of the other games I've seen pop up here lately. Feel free to PM me if you're interested. I'd be happy to share them.
I do believe I might have to change the name. Which sucks, btw.

"Maybe make the names, ages, and relationships editable to avoid needing a patch."
I am considering that, uhum.
Would easy this whole copyright issue and the no incest policy issue all at once.

I'm not going to stick to Patreon only.

And I'm looking foward to hearing those ideas you have, nytep.
Do I really need to PM you if I'm interested? I am interested, PM me.

Of course there was very little content but from the beginning the game showed that the history route was going to be focused on blackmail, opportunism and with many possibilities of NTR content besides that one of the few sex scenes in the game is from Ann being abused by her boss.

For example In the case of Lucy there may be opportunities like her exam where Bobby planned to steal it and somehow blackmail her by showing that he had clues that she had cheated on the exam and that he planned to show them to Ann or the school principal, perhaps the The same teacher will notice that she cheated and so he could resort to blackmail her, many possibilities :v.

Talking about love in bad bobby is unconvincing, I find it difficult to change the panorama where he does everything possible to take advantage of them towards one where the girls fall in love with him, unless he begins to perform actions of heroism where he saves them from some problem very big and they begin to see it differently but I prefer not to inquire into this panorama, it is boring.

About copyright problems, I don't know what they are talking about since there is a game called Big Brother Another history that is a perfect clone of the game with the same name which is even still published by its main author and I have never seen that there has been any kind of problem even when using absolutely everything the same, names, models and history, besides how many of us have seen the same models over and over again in many different games, the truth is I don't think that could be a problem.
If I recall it right, RAinces did run into some copyright issues or had to actively avoid them when cloning Big Brother.
I never played Big Brother, tbh.
Once I saw it, RAinces already had me hooked.
Names and models are the same? U sure?

Don't get me wrong, I know I've said that I fear copyright issues, but.. I don't really.
Not if I do my own thing. I believe that maybe changing the title and not using any shots from the original game is more than enough to guarantee that RAinces should have no claim on it. So..

Well, I dont really see the "Younger Bobby = Copycat" thing as an issue.

But if you are really worried about that, I think there is an easy solution.
Change Bobby back to being a creepy midget-like teenager, but with a different model, or even Tween Ryan deeply customized.

Dont get me wrong, I am "attached" to good-ol Bobby as the next guy, but my major complaint with using a chad Bobby is the fact that he is a chad, not that necessarily he does not look like the original Bobby. His core aspect is being a creepy midget-like fucker, so as long as you keep that I am personally fine with it. Maybe many that were against this change would agree with me.

So create a new creepy-midget Bobby, change his name to something as Ramirez (lol) or something hyspanic equally stupid. Maybe change the girls name, change completely that sister that no one cared for. But please, keep Anna as closely as possible as the original, that is a must for me personally (lol)!
lol
:ROFLMAO:
I'm on it.. kinda.

I hope this will be ported to android. We need love too
The plan is to release every patch on all three, even simultaneously (if it's possible).
:coffee:

I swear bbs is a more anticipated game than star citizen
:poop:
Good luck then dev. See you on trial.

What a welcome surprise, SummmerP ! We all appreciate you taking this on, and listening to feedback.

Regarding the poll, I DEFINITELY prefer this adult/bigger version of Bobby! For all the reasons you already mentioned story line-wise, but also because it was just too difficult for me to identify with the original tiny child-like character. That was probably the only thing I didn't like about the original game. Based on the poll options, it's pretty evenly split, so I hope you stick to your original decision. That being said, the new model does look a bit douchey - I might explore a different face design while still keeping his bigger/adult body.

As for the girls, Liza and Lucy were my favorites, and they both look great! I too really liked the french brain Liza sported, but she looks good with the ponytail too. Jenny though looks...off. She doesn't really look like new or old Jenny, unless I'm missing something. IMO she looks less attractive, and did she get bigger?

Great that you're planning to stick to RAinces vibe of storytelling. Hope there will continue to be blackmail, manipulation, sleep sex, and general creepiness themes that made the original game so great - hopefully without the killer grind. Excited to see what you have in store!
I'm working on Jenny. She's... not ready yet.
:rolleyes:

Thanks Juice, for that output.
Good to hear that some of you liked Bobby's model.
And I've got some ideas to trim that excessive blind-grind we had to go through and make progressing something a bit more cohesive, long still but slightly more cohesive.
I'm keeping the grind.
U fine with that, right? It's BBS, it need grind.

Wishing you the Best,
SummmerP

Just a quick suggestion...don't try and please everyone.

The core elements of BBS is what made this game a keeper and kept us coming back for more. Start with your plan and later if you choose, begin incorporating "other" suggestions/requests.

We're all rooting for ya...;)
Thanks Tk.
;)
I'm trying not to.

Btw SP what julia looks like in your version do you have a tease pic just asking btw and its funny how will bobby will meet her again after what he did to her lol
Soon.
:whistle:

SummmerP

Disrespected User
Game Developer
Jun 26, 2017
Folks, so I've made my decision.
kate.jpg

What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna.. make a coffee, sit back, stretch a bit, jerk one off to that new Billie Eilish video and get it going.
I'll cease to respond to your every comment directly, and I'm gonna get back on things. It was fun but I gotta get going. I feel inspired, and there's (there're?) lots to do, so.. let's not stall.

But.. by all means, if you come up with an idea, a suggestion, an opinion, feel welcome to share - right here, or directly to me - I'll read it through either way, I'll be here either way. And if necessary, I'll respond. (asap)

But I'll keep a lower profile for now.

I'll be back next week, w/ news and a few things to share. (hopefully)
I'll keep you posted. (next week)

Happy independence day.

Last edited:

MrBeanToasted

Sep 14, 2020
View attachment 1226353

What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna.. make a coffee, sit back, stretch a bit, jerk one off to that new Billie Eilish video and get it going.
I'll cease to respond to your every comment directly, and I'm gonna get back on things. It was fun but I gotta get going. I feel inspired, and there's (there're?) lots to do, so.. let's not stall.

But.. by all means, if you come up with an idea, a suggestion, an opinion, feel welcome to share - right here, or directly to me - I'll read it through either way, I'll be here either way. And if necessary, I'll respond. (asap)

Happy independence day.
good luck SP

Simple Rick

Nov 16, 2018
View attachment 1226353

Happy independence day.
Damn.... Billie got some big ass titssss

• I just jizzed my pants

prophet-one

May 18, 2021
The poll is clearly rigged (not by SummmerP, he is just trying to get our feedback). It's not possible that so many people would prefer the new version of Bobby at face value to the original one. The one that brought us so much joy. Even considering his argumentation (very reasonable and probably a forthcoming reality), such idea is almost sacrilege. At least, for those who really love and grasp the true beauty of the game.

Bush? Maybe a little bit but keep in mind this is not the 90's.

Toys, vegetables and other stuff? Getting nastier doesn't mean messier or weirder. Nastier but with a sense of good taste and keeping it as real as possible. Most of the girls are teens, they're just taking their first steps in sex too. They're not fed up bitches willing to try everything under the sun. Same for Bobby. He can even try a bit of those, only out of curiosity. But he doesn't want to mess around in his few hard earning chances for good hot sex (high in hormones and inexperienced). For more mature sex play, please look for other games...

Last edited:

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
I didn't think a continuation of Bad Bobby Saga would be real, that cool man! But, I have to say that this new Bobby is bad, better leave Bobby as he was before, but this new Liza appearance it got better, seriously, keep this Liza visual. Lucy doesn't need to change, it's already great anyway, Anna and Jenny are ok; but, I think the original version is better.
Talking about the story, I hope the story is no longer a story that makes the MC's life easier by putting the girls on his lap easily, a little challenge would be interesting, but without having to grind too much. Good luck with the rework!

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes