3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Thanks! I'll look into this.
And thanks for the feedback guys, I'll scatter some signs with advice around the game and improve what's causing you problems.
Here are some areas I think could use some improvements:
-The game definitely needs a better tutorial! As it is it just throws the player in the game without even telling them what the controls are. This can lead to:
-Pressing the arrow keys moves the screen and can screw up the interface beyond recognition. Block input from them.
Examples:
Moving only left for a bit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
-Moving randomly. Also makes the mouse stay in that corner, possibly preventing further progress:
-In addition to the tutorial: Make it known that right click picks up and drags, while left click collects items.
-The ability to save at any point would be useful, or at least make it a place that is easy to find(the bed in the room, for example).
-Make Shapes battles optional, or at least easier. They were what made me rage quit.
-Add the ability to teleport to a spot on the map. As it is, traversing the huge maps in combination with the Shapes battles is really frustrating.
-This one is purely a personal preference, but add some nudity. Your artwork is beyond stunning, utilize it to it's fullest!

Reactions: Nosebecc

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
Here are some areas I think could use some improvements:
-The game definitely needs a better tutorial! As it is it just throws the player in the game without even telling them what the controls are. This can lead to:
-Pressing the arrow keys moves the screen and can screw up the interface beyond recognition. Block input from them.
Examples:
Moving only left for a bit:
-Moving randomly. Also makes the mouse stay in that corner, possibly preventing further progress:
-In addition to the tutorial: Make it known that right click picks up and drags, while left click collects items.
-The ability to save at any point would be useful, or at least make it a place that is easy to find(the bed in the room, for example).
-Make Shapes battles optional, or at least easier. They were what made me rage quit.
-Add the ability to teleport to a spot on the map. As it is, traversing the huge maps in combination with the Shapes battles is really frustrating.
-This one is purely a personal preference, but add some nudity. Your artwork is beyond stunning, utilize it to it's fullest!
Thank you! I just updated the game, which fixes most of your complaints.
Being able to move the screen was a debug thing I forgot to remove...
There is a 'how to play' sign right behind Rose when you first talk to her that explains all this. She now mentions it to make sure the player clicks it.
I've made the save room hard to miss, unless you completely ignore the new advice signs.
When you say Shape battles, you mean the ones with the black and dark red background, right? Can you tell me exactly what it is you didn't like?
There are shortcuts you can unlock which make traveling faster. There will be ways to teleport in the final game.
As for the nudity... This is a common complaint, but I'm of those who like a clothed body better than a nude one, for the most part. It might still happen, but that's a big maybe.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write all this and even take screenshots, that's really helpful! :D

Reactions: James Eveleth

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Thank you! I just updated the game, which fixes most of your complaints.
Being able to move the screen was a debug thing I forgot to remove...
There is a 'how to play' sign right behind Rose when you first talk to her that explains all this. She now mentions it to make sure the player clicks it.
I've made the save room hard to miss, unless you completely ignore the new advice signs.
When you say Shape battles, you mean the ones with the black and dark red background, right? Can you tell me exactly what it is you didn't like?
There are shortcuts you can unlock which make traveling faster. There will be ways to teleport in the final game.
As for the nudity... This is a common complaint, but I'm of those who like a clothed body better than a nude one, for the most part. It might still happen, but that's a big maybe.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write all this and even take screenshots, that's really helpful! :D
Thank you for the fast response and even faster update!
Yes, the random dungeon battles containing only the the moving red shapes. They were quite tough, but I will try again with a mouse with a working scroll wheel and give feedback.
Glad to hear about teleporting being a planned feature.
Well, that's too bad about the nudity, but since it's not a definite no I will keep being hopeful.

I just wanted to add that your art is truly wonderful. I was honestly astounded at how much life you've managed to bring to every map tile, even the ones where the player has nothing to interact with(in terms of items and NPCs). The characters and their designs are great, I can't wait to see more of them. Good luck with the development of B.E Witches! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next update!

Nosebecc

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2020
Thank you for the fast response and even faster update!
Yes, the random dungeon battles containing only the the moving red shapes. They were quite tough, but I will try again with a mouse with a working scroll wheel and give feedback.
Glad to hear about teleporting being a planned feature.
Well, that's too bad about the nudity, but since it's not a definite no I will keep being hopeful.

I just wanted to add that your art is truly wonderful. I was honestly astounded at how much life you've managed to bring to every map tile, even the ones where the player has nothing to interact with(in terms of items and NPCs). The characters and their designs are great, I can't wait to see more of them. Good luck with the development of B.E Witches! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next update!
Wow thanks, that's a lot of praise! I'll strive to do even better!
About the Shapes fights, I can't do too much on such short term, but I did remove a few of the hardest waves for the earlier fights. Make sure to use charged shots, especially against sharks and centipedes ;)

There are 3 other such hints to find on this floor to open that closed door. I recommend using the note function!

Last edited:

banana127

Jul 29, 2018
Does anyone know what happens after I put the three items in the purple totem in town? It sunk into the ground and I don't know what it changed

clevog

Sep 29, 2017
There are 3 other such hints to find on this floor to open that closed door. I recommend using the note function!
The puzzle is driving me nuts, I can't seem to solve it. Can you DM me the solution incase you don't want to spoil the puzzle for others?

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
About the Shapes fights, I can't do too much on such short term, but I did remove a few of the hardest waves for the earlier fights. Make sure to use charged shots, especially against sharks and centipedes ;)

I am currently playing through the update version. My impressions so far:

-Combat with the Shapes feels so much better now that I can(and know to) switch where I am shooting by using the scroll wheel. Also, in the first version I had 2 random fights with girls at the start and after that all the rest(5 or so) were with shapes. This time most of my fights are against girls, with only a few Shape fights in between. I guess sucky RNG played a part in my frustration.

-Regular combat is fun, although I have a few pointers:
+The only way to damage the enemy is by destroying their Shapes. This can make combat a bit slow paced or even unfair, as some enemies can spend a few turns summoning bombs that deal only 1 dmg to them when destroyed, while steadily chipping away at your health. Damaging spells are a huge help, but a way to damage the enemy by chaining blocks would make the payer look for ways to make longer chains and combos.
+The skulls that indicate the damage dealt are a good idea, but clearing the enemies quickly/all at once offers no bonus. A small(say, 5% or 10%) increase in damage when the player stacks damage together would make it feel more rewarding. Of course, that would also mean that the player would have to avoid taking too many hits at once in order not to receive more damage as well.
-The new signs are easy to see and placed in good locations. It's going to be pretty hard to miss the save room now.

Possible bug:
-Clicking too fast on the triangle that appears after a fight is finished will start the fight again.

I have a couple of questions as well:
-There is an item that says that you can capture a soul in it. I have noticed that sometimes enemies drop little floating souls when defeated, but so far have not been able to capture one by using the crystal. Is there any interaction between those souls and the empty crystals or am I just overthinking things?
-I probably haven't reached that part yet, but how do you add more girls to your party?
-And speaking about party members, is there a way to switch between them? My attempts to use Rose have been unsuccessful so far.
-I read somewhere that there is a total of 4 power orbs in the game so far. Are they enough to upgrade all of the obtainable party members to the last level/evolution?
-Is there a way to view the full art for the characters in game? On your Patreon you shared some of the further evolutions for Rose and mentioned that her butt will also get bigger, but her sprite is cut off at the waist in the menus.

That's all for now, I will bother you again if I think of something else :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Nosebecc

Bardman

Sep 25, 2017
I am currently playing through the update version. My impressions so far:

-Combat with the Shapes feels so much better now that I can(and know to) switch where I am shooting by using the scroll wheel. Also, in the first version I had 2 random fights with girls at the start and after that all the rest(5 or so) were with shapes. This time most of my fights are against girls, with only a few Shape fights in between. I guess sucky RNG played a part in my frustration.

-Regular combat is fun, although I have a few pointers:
+The only way to damage the enemy is by destroying their Shapes. This can make combat a bit slow paced or even unfair, as some enemies can spend a few turns summoning bombs that deal only 1 dmg to them when destroyed, while steadily chipping away at your health. Damaging spells are a huge help, but a way to damage the enemy by chaining blocks would make the payer look for ways to make longer chains and combos.
+The skulls that indicate the damage dealt are a good idea, but clearing the enemies quickly/all at once offers no bonus. A small(say, 5% or 10%) increase in damage when the player stacks damage together would make it feel more rewarding. Of course, that would also mean that the player would have to avoid taking too many hits at once in order not to receive more damage as well.
-The new signs are easy to see and placed in good locations. It's going to be pretty hard to miss the save room now.

I have a couple of questions as well:
-There is an item that says that you can capture a soul in it. I have noticed that sometimes enemies drop little floating souls when defeated, but so far have not been able to capture one by using the crystal. Is there any interaction between those souls and the empty crystals or am I just overthinking things?
-I probably haven't reached that part yet, but how do you add more girls to your party?
-And speaking about party members, is there a way to switch between them? My attempts to use Rose have been unsuccessful so far.
-I read somewhere that there is a total of 4 power orbs in the game so far. Are they enough to upgrade all of the obtainable party members to the last level/evolution?
-Is there a way to view the full art for the characters in game? On your Patreon you shared some of the further evolutions for Rose and mentioned that her butt will also get bigger, but her sprite is cut off at the waist in the menus.

That's all for now, I will bother you again if I think of something else :D
To answer a few of your questions:
-souls can be captured by clicking and holding on the little floating souls when you have one of the crystals in your inventory
-the four power orbs in this version are enough to upgrade, as (at least for now) they are not consumed when you power up
-there is a little icon in the pre battle screen (where it shows who the opponent is) that lets you switch between Vuu and Rose
- you can kinda see fuller art of at least Vuu and Rose by going to the equipment menu and right clicking, though its still cut off

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
To answer a few of your questions:
-souls can be captured by clicking and holding on the little floating souls when you have one of the crystals in your inventory
-the four power orbs in this version are enough to upgrade, as (at least for now) they are not consumed when you power up
-there is a little icon in the pre battle screen (where it shows who the opponent is) that lets you switch between Vuu and Rose
- you can kinda see fuller art of at least Vuu and Rose by going to the equipment menu and right clicking, though its still cut off
Thanks a bunch, that helped me quite a lot!

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017

question. The name of the game is BE witches.
Haven't seen any BE. What am i doing wrong?

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
dont know if you want spoilers but you'll get them as you finish the main bit of this part of the game, as well as by completing some of the puzzles
Fell free to spoil me, right now I'm stuck on a puzzle anyway. Could you tell me how to get the red gems for the totem in town and how to solve the puzzle that's behind a rock on the BF1 of the sea dungeon? Even if it's just the mechanics, I am completely stumped on what I am supposed to do. I found 4 rooms with similar black circles, one empty with the glowing run embedded in the rock on top, 3 with various shells in different postitions, but no matter where or on what I click it doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

Bardman

Sep 25, 2017
Fell free to spoil me, right now I'm stuck on a puzzle anyway. Could you tell me how to get the red gems for the totem in town and how to solve the puzzle that's behind a rock on the BF1 of the sea dungeon? Even if it's just the mechanics, I am completely stumped on what I am supposed to do. I found 4 rooms with similar black circles, one empty with the glowing run embedded in the rock on top, 3 with various shells in different postitions, but no matter where or on what I click it doesn't do anything.
Iirc the red gems just get you a recipe, one of the monsters drops them and I believe some chests have it. Could you post a screenshot of the puzzle you're stuck on?

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Iirc the red gems just get you a recipe, one of the monsters drops them and I believe some chests have it. Could you post a screenshot of the puzzle you're stuck on?
Thanks, I guess I'll have to farm for them. Here's where I'm stuck:

I found out the order of the shapes, but have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to pick them up or place them in the slots...

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes