DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
that's been fixed in f4 with a 10kb mod patch, and 76 already has it incorporated
You are assuming Starfield will be moddable. Fallout 76 wasn't moddable, otherwise its problems would have got patched by the community. So if they implement some kind of always online mechanism like F76, Starfield won't be moddable.

Also consider their claim that the game will have 1000 fully visitable planets, which implies that either the game will be 300+gb in size or the planets are stored on a server, and so you need access to the internet at all times.

echo32

Apr 18, 2018
You are assuming Starfield will be moddable. Fallout 76 wasn't moddable, otherwise its problems would have got patched by the community. So if they implement some kind of always online mechanism like F76, Starfield won't be moddable.

Also consider their claim that the game will have 1000 fully visitable planets, which implies that either the game will be 300+gb in size or the planets are stored on a server, and so you need access to the internet at all times.
Starfield not moddable??? Lol, and 76 is moddable. So much nonsense in a post, wow.

KillMyDay

Jul 9, 2017

starfield can be played offline so its not on a server
and they told in a interview most planets are empty and only good for recourses

the game is on PC - 139.84 GB
and depending on how the planets renders, with the tech we have today i could be done easly

also this is on a new engine.
The Creation Engine 2 was specifically built for Bethesda's new games, starting with Starfield.

and even if.
modders will mod it anyway into real plannets

elramas

May 2, 2020

what? the patch for 76 was made by bethesda lol
It's still the same engine, thinking a bethesda game not being moddable is delusion
The space requirement for the game was already confirmed, its 125gb, no man's sky has more than 8 million times more planets than starfield and is only 16gb.

Reactions: echo32

TrickyBiscuit

Jun 10, 2023
>another day another delay do it the AP way
With every post, he strays further and further from reality. Nobody from troll to backer actually believes him at this point. And yet nearly four thousand still pledge to him every month to openly mock or sit and read National Enquirer-like stories about supposed delays. If anything, this shows both he and his team have little idea what the hell they're doing and are learning on the fly even at this stage of the game. Or they refuse, or can't find anyone to help them as they struggle. Guess he shouldn't have pissed off so many people in the past huh...

Also here's my lineup for the next posts

>release this weekend/thanks for being patient
>file hosting issue for size/need a day or two to find suitable host
>nearly a week of silence
>release second weekend of sept
>spends the next year hype second release
>new content Jan 2025

TrickyBiscuit

Jun 10, 2023
starfield can be played offline so its not on a server
and they told in a interview most planets are empty and only good for recourses

the game is on PC - 139.84 GB
and depending on how the planets renders, with the tech we have today i could be done easly

also this is on a new engine.
The Creation Engine 2 was specifically built for Bethesda's new games, starting with Starfield.

and even if.
modders will mod it anyway into real plannets
Starfield is what No Man's Sky was promised to be at launch. Yes, we've received near countless updates for NMS... though many are more QoL one's rather than useable content (how many time did inventory get overhauled and people's items get wiped). But what SF has is allowing people to mod planets and such. I'd take that over NMS which is more like a ship manager/minecraft builder in space.

As for the planet count. Yeah NMS has a googleplex or whatever ridiculous number. But over 99% of them are barren wastelands with pallet swapped assets. More doesn't mean better

Semetrika

Jan 24, 2023
I think this thread is about Bits and not starfield aka fallout 4, but in space on creation engine aka gamebryo engine which was use on morrowind.

Dax23

Jul 11, 2023
it is not a meltdown, i just lost all respect for this guy as a person
it is about how he treats everyone as a utter fool
he has no respect for his community that is clear as day

i knew he was gone make something up to delay it again

btw i deleted my post because it might have seemed that way and was not ment that way, was more impuls of a little turantum
But you're still gonna play :sneaky:

Enthusiass

Jun 21, 2018
My day will be officially ruined if there will be no delay
Are we talking "I can't feel my legs and my groin hurts from too much friction" ruination or I bet my left testicle and 100$ on another delay between my homies deal? :unsure:

4.50 star(s) 59 Votes