4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

avaglegon

Apr 13, 2020
Why would you be trying to use old mods immediately after the game is released using a different engine?
Genuine question, do you consider Godot 4 to be a different engine than Godot 3? I'm unfamiliar with game engines. As for your question, I was assuming that this new version being a release version would mean old mods would work fine with it, though I admit I should have considered the change from v2.x.x to v3.x.x would mean something like instability with old mods.

HueJass123

Jun 13, 2022
Overall I am not a huge fan of the update. The new UI is clean but has frequent stutters and slows. The art lately feels super rushed, messy and doesnt flow well (jump from butt slapping top missionary was a bit quick).

For example, compare Cathy vs Claire:
1696432231571.png 1696432244143.png

Cathy has clean outlines, full body shading, colors and fluid movement.
Claire has messy outlines, no shading at all, very few colors and movement seems choppy.

I just hope the last level (Dawna) has some better art

Reactions: freeroamGAMEplay

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Having a secret InkBunny is an allegation?
IIRC the secret InkBunny is related to Komdog being accused of having a dark past of drawing pedo shit (called aptly "cub" within the totally normal furry community), so I'm willing to bet someone someone is trying to start a shitstorm about REAL ANIMAL CHILDREN BEING LITERALLY MOLESTED BY LITERAL HITLERS once again.

That being said, actually and genuinely fuck cancel culture and fuck terminally online Twitter freaks that only need "allegations" to immediately terminate a tremendous amount of work and effort because they're "uncomfortable" due to someone saying unconfirmed shit about one person.
That mod shown above in the video preview is easily the highest quality mod I've seen made for this game, ever, and saying it is a goddamn shame the artist just decided it's not getting released is an undertsatement.

Last edited:

floran

May 20, 2020
Here is the mod download link.
Pixeldrain
thanks but getting error that the level doesn't end, it freezes when the song is over.
I can still enter the menu but cannot end the level and going back wont recognize the level as finished.
I tried it on v2.9 and v3

Any idea how to solve this?

Jerkingrickoff

Sep 25, 2017
thanks but getting error that the level doesn't end, it freezes when the song is over.
I can still enter the menu but cannot end the level and going back wont recognize the level as finished.
I tried it on v2.9 and v3

Just hit pause and resume.

Reactions: floran

gymogle

Feb 2, 2017
That's weird, have you made sure your file structure is correct? use video below as reference.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It is weird. I have double and triple checked the file structure, but thank you for the video for reference.

I'm pretty experienced with Mugen and modding Skyrim so I'm no stranger to stuff like this. The only thing I can think of is I somehow got soft locked out of modding because I have Steam on my system or something - that was the only mention I saw of similar problems on the forums. Though surprisingly their trouble shooting and support are pretty much non existent for mods/modding.

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
it has something to do with the way the game loads the ending video that causes it to sometimes be a coin flip for some mods where sometimes it loads it and plays it fine and other times it locks out on the last note and never triggers the ending video. I don't think theres an actual fix to my knowledge so you just have to hope it triggers and counts your score and such.

How do I put the mods into the game?
You need to add the "mods" folder to the game's directory. Unlike legacy you then need folders for the mods themselves. Legacy versions of the game you just dropped all your mods into the folder and it worked but now due to the new organization system you need to make a mod folder within the mods folder itself and then drop the mods into that with an act.cfg file to have that set of mods show up. Your directory should read something like beat banger\mods\misc\(mods go here). It was changed to this so people could organize mods into categories like all your minus8 mods in one group, all the zoe mods in one group, etc.

I'll attach my misc folder but empty so you should be able to extract it into your mods folder and then drop your mods into the misc folder and they should show up if you format it correctly. You can edit the information in the act.cfg file if you want to change the name and description of the folder.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes