gasti99

Oct 11, 2018
How you fix relationship with your sister?
From the Walkthrough:

Sasha's stage four: Requires stage four of mother’s quest be completed. Go to mother’s bedroom between 20
and 22, watch scene. Go to kitchen between 17 and 20, watch scene.

Mom's stage four: Enter player bedroom, watch scene. Go to mothers bedroom between 22 and 24, watch
scene. Clean the living room, wash the dishes, buy jewelry from mall, and pay bills at desk. Go to
mothers bedroom between 20 and 22, watch scene.

I will also attach the Walkthrough pdf here, so you can have a look at any quest that you may have troubles with ;)

whisperpuppy

The Werewolf Queen
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2017
I looked through the paths and indeed, there were mismatching ones. They're fixed now with the patch that I'll attach at this comment, and are already working in the online version at

I spotted a case in which you wouldn't be able to advance in Sasha's main quest, because Mom's needed bedroom scene won't trigger. It's already addressed in the online version and in the file attached, which contains all hotfixes until now.

Thanks a lot you all for making us know about this!!

Thank you!

Reactions: gasti99

gasti99

Oct 11, 2018
how do we give the jewelry i couldn't give that is that a bug ?
From the Walkthrough:

"Clean the living room, wash the dishes, buy jewelry from mall, and pay bills at desk. Go to mothe's bedroom between 20 and 22, watch scene."

You need to do all that things before being able to get the scene. A little clarification: The living room and dishes cleaning must be done on the same day as the scene. It doesn't count if you did the chores another day.

And of course you must have done the previous stages of Mom's main quest before being able to do all of this.

I leave the Walkthrough pdf attached, and thanks a lot for playing our game!!

dan9000

May 21, 2017
the game needs a walkthrough ingame to help, it gets to a point where you just grind without knowing if its even what you had to do, and the weekends need to be changed, you cant do anything in the morning atleast it should ahve a time skip

Reactions: gasti99

gasti99

Oct 11, 2018
I can't figure out what I'm suppose to do to motivate the sister so I can progress
Sasha's stage four: Requires stage four of mother’s quest be completed. Go to mother’s bedroom between 20

Mom's stage four: Enter player bedroom, watch scene. Go to mothers bedroom between 22 and 24, watch
scene. Clean the living room, wash the dishes, buy jewelry from mall, and pay bills at desk. Go to

the game needs a walkthrough ingame to help, it gets to a point where you just grind without knowing if its even what you had to do, and the weekends need to be changed, you cant do anything in the morning atleast it should ahve a time skip
On weekends mornings you are able to use the University installations to develop your character. For the moment you can download the Walkthrough attached. But we thought about that, and yes, we will seriously talk about implementing some way of guide for the quests ingame; as well as a way to skip time.

Thanks for the comments and ideas!

Nplm2

Mar 31, 2017
I can see the scenes the first time, but the gallery doesn't show me any videos or images of the same scene...

Mator

May 9, 2017
I mean, not to be a jerk, but you're developing a game in HTML, which is essentially a parsed text file with zero encryption or obfuscation. Anyone that knows anything about HTML can just open the file and find your "cheats".
Additionally, the variables themselves can be modified through any modern web browsers console, made even easier by the fact you're using SugarCube Twine, which stores all variables quite neatly.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Word of advice, I see you're using hashStr to attempt to obfuscate the cheat string, which is smart and about the only thing you can do. HOWEVER, you're hashing both the required string (what the player needs to enter) , and the user's input (what the player types in) in the same file. If you removed the first part and stored the value after hashing rather than the plaintext string, it would make it marginally more difficult to guess what your cheats are.

For example, and I apologize in advance for exposing this, your "light cheat" (20ER12) hashes to the integer value "1477922508"
So instead of
Code:
set $bathroom to {
    bath: hashStr("20ER12"),
just store the hashed value
Code:
set $bathroom to {
    bath: 1477922508,
At least then you won't be hashing the "key" in the same place as the "lock". It will mean you would have to hash the strings on your side before release, and then only have the hashed value in the released HTML
BTW, the hashed passwords are stored in that same SugarCube variable object I mentioned above, but at least they're gibberish numbers and not plaintext strings.

I have to give you credit though, for at least attempting to obfuscate the password. Most Twine developers don't even try, either because they don't know how, or realize that its ultimately a futile endeavor since the variables are exposed.
For example:
"Oh no, I don't know the password, I cant get my +15 Kate corruption..."
*types in console "SugarCube.State.active.variables.kate.corr = 99*

Edit: Just noticed that you're hashing two entirely different strings to the same variable in your HTML. I see both 20ER12 and CD41NJE being hashed to the same variable. Not actually sure which one is being hashed to the value I stated above "1477922508" but one of them is. In any case, thats probably a mistake that you're hashing two seperate strings to the same variable. Get rid of both of those bits of code and just store the hashed value of whatever string you choose as the password.

Edit again: It's 20ER12, just confirmed myself.
Hey pal, mind tell us how to de-hash? Would be very helpful for us, freedom fighters!

haynowjawo

Apr 23, 2020
I like a lot about the new update with the new story, but the new timings for events and the day are horrendous! Taken the game from a fair grind with lots of action to absolutely snail's pace with the lengthened events meaning you can barely do anything during the day, one class of each type each week, and the new bedtimes (and only staying in one room, mother is in bathroom all day!) for the family. Really not wanting to play now.

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017

On weekends mornings you are able to use the University installations to develop your character. For the moment you can download the Walkthrough attached. But we thought about that, and yes, we will seriously talk about implementing some way of guide for the quests ingame; as well as a way to skip time.

Thanks for the comments and ideas!
think i found the problem with sis, stage four of mom dos not unlock sis trust it actualy fully locks it and skips its unlock scene. i think the stages might actualy be switched. got it on the online verson but not the downloaded one

gasti99

Oct 11, 2018
How do i fix relationship with mom? been stuck there a while now
Stage four: Enter player bedroom, watch scene. Go to mothers bedroom between 22 and 24, watch scene. Clean the living room, wash the dishes (on the same day as the scene), buy jewelry from mall, and pay bills at desk. Go to mothers bedroom between 20 and 22, watch scene.

I can see the scenes the first time, but the gallery doesn't show me any videos or images of the same scene...
The galleries now work as expected, patch attached (y)

Nov 4, 2019
From the Walkthrough:

I will also attach the Walkthrough pdf here, so you can have a look at any quest that you may have troubles with ;)
Super helpfull thanks

kildar

Apr 24, 2017
anyone know how to give the gift to mom and motivate sister
the trick is to clean the room and the dishes on the same day as when you try for the event

i have no idea about the sister though, i've been trying everything

e: There is a fairly bare bone walkthrough attached above or on the page before.
Just check first

3.70 star(s) 41 Votes