kringemaster

Jan 29, 2018
Hi. I have done the mafia and the high school quest. but I cannot find any way to start the startup. Can someone help me with this? Also I checked my desk but I could not find any option to start a startup.
Hey Bro, all you have to do is go the Home Office in your starting house, Not Desk. That's where you make the startup.

Reactions: MiroDking

Hitorigoto

Mar 5, 2024
i cut and paste but give me this message Error: the passage "style="background:" does not exist
What's happening is you clicked the "Enter" key after entering the code, don't click "Enter", click the "Button".

The reason you are being led to a blank passage with an error displaying is that the Dev added an inline styling to a macro which doesen't work because a macro is not an HTML element.

The macro <<textbox>> needs two arguments wrapped in quotes (string) to work
  1. receiverName: The name of the variable, in this case "_testcode".
  2. defaultValue: The default value of the text box, in this case "cheat code here".
  3. passage: (optional) The name of the passage to go to if the return/enter key is pressed.
The problem with the Dev adding an inline styling is that the macro takes that as the third argument since inline styling style needs to be wrapped in a string (quotes) as well and sends you to a passage that doesn't exist.

This is the code as is
<<textbox "_testcode" "cheat code here" style="background: rgb(85 85 129 / 25%);font-size: large;font-weight: 600">>
but should be
<<textbox "_testcode" "cheat code here">>
since inline styling doesn't work in macros.

And that's the whole reason why you get the "Error: the passage "style="background:" does not exist"

Remember, don't click "Enter", click the "Button"

Also on a personal note;
If Astercholik wants to play "Modder" they should at least make sure to mention said problems or remove them. Just telling someone "You have pasted the code wrong" without knowing what's going on doesn't help anyone.

3.60 star(s) 43 Votes