ElectricArc

Nov 29, 2018
knowing the people in this site, they will call unruly scammer regardless eventually
Which really sucks, because A.) this is technically a pirate site, even though Game Devs upload their games here. Which means that the people on this site don’t really have a leg to stand on. And B.) Unruly has been upfront about everything almost all of the time.

Reactions: Rodjrgr

Kenarius90

May 18, 2020
I followed the news closely in April, which was said by the author... the update is ready, I'll release it in a couple of days, then the author said the update is ready, everything is ready, but I have a problem in the code, I'll fix it right now and everything will be great, more time, he says that I want to do everything differently, I'll redo the whole game, there will be a remake, more time has passed, there is still no update, he said his brother is seriously ill, now we are waiting for another year

Bigstiffie

Dec 31, 2023
What is it with this game in particular that makes people so impatient about new updates? Most of the other games I follow here don't have someone going "is there update?" every week

mario686

Oct 25, 2017
What is it with this game in particular that makes people so impatient about new updates? Most of the other games I follow here don't have someone going "is there update?" every week
Because there was a good update release cadence before this year started and the update's been getting teased since January without a release. Unruly's reasons are of course valid (even if he just got burnt out and quit that would still be valid, tbh, it's his game he can do what he wants) and he's done right by pausing payments but I think it's best to assume this one is on indefinite hiatus drifting towards abandoned and be pleasantly surprised if we hear otherwise.

Mishanya1004

Jun 16, 2020
I mean, he openly stated he is planning to release it this summer. That's not an unrealistic schedule, all things considered. I wouldn't expect it to drop it this month, but by August/September? Yeah, if everything he says is true (and he really is sticking most of his free time into this as he claimed) then an August release isn't out of the question. I'd consider the game truly abandoned if we don't hear anything from the guy for multiple - as in three-four - months.

But right now? This is actually par for the course for an indie developer working solo. Hell, fucking Gunsmoke Games has a whole-ass team working on his bloody thing and his release schedule is even more sporadic.

I followed the news closely in April, which was said by the author... the update is ready, I'll release it in a couple of days, then the author said the update is ready, everything is ready, but I have a problem in the code, I'll fix it right now and everything will be great, more time, he says that I want to do everything differently, I'll redo the whole game, there will be a remake, more time has passed, there is still no update, he said his brother is seriously ill, now we are waiting for another year
Yeah, the guy is obviously a perfectionist that bit off more than he could chew but right now he gave everyone a very clear definition of what he wants to do (split the game into multiple parts, start small and proceed from there) and actually followed through on his promises to cancel the payments - which is honestly more integrity than a lot of developers in the scene.

Procrastination is a common problem among creators around the world
Tell me you never worked in gamedev (or tried to combine an intensive hobby with a job) without telling me that. You try developing a game, from the ground up, solo while at the same time trying to support your family with your job AND going through such a traumatic event as a brother (not even a distant relative) suffering from cancer.
It is even a wonder he has the time, patience or good will to actually communicate back to his audience about the state of the issue since yeah, shit like this will get you swamped beyond reason (and that even excluding the psychological trauma from the sickness and the probable extra hours he needs to do on his job).

Last edited:

Sacra_Umbra

Oct 7, 2019
But right now? This is actually par for the course for an indie developer working solo. Hell, fucking Gunsmoke Games has a whole-ass team working on his bloody thing and his release schedule is even more sporadic.
Oh man, don't even start with this shit. Each time when I think that "Sunset and his damn pal can't embarrass themselves even more at this point" they put on their clown make-up and begin to pull some of the most absurd excuses out of their asses than before. It's amazing, really.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mishanya1004

Jun 16, 2020
As expected, he decided to take it slower, give himself more time to actually streamline the code (which was probably the biggest issue so far - when you're programming it all from scratch, like he does, and learning as you go there is a fair chance you'll be stuck with spaghetti tape) together with looking for beta-testers and creating a channel for ideas.

Nice to see him continuing to stick to his guns and trying to be as friendly and communicative as possible.

AlecHolland

Jul 8, 2020
As expected, he decided to take it slower, give himself more time to actually streamline the code (which was probably the biggest issue so far - when you're programming it all from scratch, like he does, and learning as you go there is a fair chance you'll be stuck with spaghetti tape) together with looking for beta-testers and creating a channel for ideas.

Nice to see him continuing to stick to his guns and trying to be as friendly and communicative as possible.

I accidentally read that he decided to take a shower.

4.00 star(s) 23 Votes