Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Whocares65

Jul 26, 2020
Yes, thanks, I saw & downloaded Mr. Vargas's DUF. I'm missing a bunch of files, but after applying the Livia skin, eyes, and redoing the Linda hair, I get:

View attachment 838229

There are probably a bunch of morph packages I'm missing, but I'm sure it is damn close given Vargas' usual quality of work.

It's just crazy how DPC used pretty much unaltered marketplace models for Acting Lessons, and somehow he's making these amazing looking characters now. How the hell does one go from zero to hero so fast? Is he really tuning 100 knobs like this for each character? Or are we maybe overthinking how he's doing these?
OK, after failing pretty miserably last time I decided to get back on the horse and really learn the face morphs (mostly from the package). This is the result:

josy_test_2.png

The reference image is this:

d0_lunchroom9d.jpg

It's not exactly the same, but it's about as close as I could get each individual facial feature.

I just have to say, this stuff is hard. My attempt still doesn't capture the softness & "cuteness" of the real Josie's face. How DPC could start w/ the Layla base model & envision what became Josie blows my mind. Never in a million years could I imagine that you can get from A to B.

In fact, everything's hard. Choosing the right base assets is hard. Morphing is hard. Posing is hard. Expressions are really hard. Lighting is really really hard. Selecting rendering settings is hard. And post-processing is hard. I've played dozens of these games w/out appreciating how much work goes into them. I am humbled. Never again will I look down on any VN. /endrant.

Last edited:

Hugh G. Rection

Jan 10, 2020
OK, after failing pretty miserably last time I decided to get back on the horse and really learn the face morphs (mostly from the package). This is the result:

View attachment 848283

The reference image is this:

View attachment 848286

It's not exactly the same, but it's about as close as I could get each individual facial feature.

I just have to say, this stuff is hard. My attempt still doesn't capture the softness & "cuteness" of the real Josie's face. How DPC could start w/ the Layla base model & envision what became Josie blows my mind. Never in a million years could I imagine that you can get from A to B.

In fact, everything's hard. Choosing the right base assets is hard. Morphing is hard. Posing is hard. Expressions are really hard. Lighting is really really hard. Selecting rendering settings is hard. And post-processing is hard. I've played dozens of these games w/out appreciating how much work goes into them. I am humbled. Never again will I look down on any VN. /endrant.
That looks pretty good!

One more thing I could suggest is a bit more hollow cheeks, see pic below

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020

lots of hard, but i understand...

Coriolan

Nov 20, 2017
If you really like it, don't give up, keep watching some tutorials, lights, poses, etc...., and you'll eventually get there, and it will be very rewarding. ;)

Reactions: ThePresident451
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes