Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Burgerkinginurface

Jun 8, 2020
Lovely set Dumitas. Once upon a time there was a significant someone that was dearest to me. We're young and in love and nothing at the time could break us. I apologized if I'm being candid its just that this beautiful set, stirs up pleasant memories of my youthful days. The rainbow, it's beautiful because it was our first rainbow. It true as what they say, you'll never love a woman like your first.

Last edited:

redle

Apr 12, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 1329481

Cattle die, and kinsmen die,
And so one dies oneself;
One thing I know that never dies:

The fame of a dead man's deeds.
Hopefully I'm not stepping on toes here, but thought I'd try to spike the lightning a bit.
Havamal_reflect.png
And to skew from the original verse, since poems rarely well survive translation artistically, I might as well butcher that along with the image.

And so one dies oneself;
But clans survive, and stories thrive,
And deeds are eternal wealth.

-DeaDHeaD-

Apr 6, 2017
Hopefully I'm not stepping on toes here, but thought I'd try to spike the lightning a bit.
View attachment 1333018
And to skew from the original verse, since poems rarely well survive translation artistically, I might as well butcher that along with the image.

And so one dies oneself;
I've_Looked_At_This_For_Five_Hours_Now_Banner.jpg

Hugh G. Rection

Jan 10, 2020
View attachment 1333018

And so one dies oneself;
Interesting effect on water, I like it. Photoshop?

And did I understand correctly this verse is your own remix, or an actual translation from Old Norse you can point to?

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Interesting effect on water, I like it. Photoshop?

And did I understand correctly this verse is your own remix, or an actual translation from Old Norse you can point to?
Yes, the verse is self-modified based on the theme. Any similarity to a direct literal translation is purely coincidental.

As for the image, Gimp (but yes, same thing as photoshop). I used a directional light filter as the basis of the addition.

Reactions: Hugh G. Rection
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes