Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019

Emoon

May 4, 2017
Did you manage to make the Bridge work ?
I'd recommend to use instead of the regular Bridge. It requires a bit more involvement at fist but once set up it is superior in many ways. Combine it with nextr3d's for better organization when using multiple characters and you're good to go.

DAZ is solid when it comes to posing and morphing but it lacks substantially when it comes to scene navigation & management, material control and render speed. I mean Eevee alone can produce results in realtime that would take quite some time in DAZ to render. And if Eevee ever fails to produce the quality you're after there is still Cycles which is a lot faster than the Iray engine in DAZ and if that is still not enough you can go for Pixar's which is free for non-commercial projects (requires registration tho).

Last but not least just think about how easy it is to populate a scene with assets in Blender, for instance who would've thought that you can place a glass on the table not on the ground and then pull it up, bloody whichcraft i know but it works. Or if you find a really good looking chair like that by Fernando Quinn, you can just download it and drop it into the scene, there is no need to convert it first into a DAZ internal format and then sort in your library and loose all control over the asset in process.

Ok enough of the sarcastic DAZ bashing from my side but in all honesty try it out. It might take some time getting used to the "new" environment but the control, quality and time saving it has to offer make it really worth it.

Reactions: Le Pew
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes