Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
Question for people who have information or have an account/gallery on deviantart.com.
I have an idea to create an account (free) where I can upload works I have created (like the ones I have posted on this forum). My goal is easier access and arrangement of digital works. I'm not looking to generate profit or sell.

I am concerned about potential issues such as copyright and such. I use DAZ Studio like you all and of course all the stuff in it (models, clothes, poses, etc) comes from let's call them 'free sources' ;)

And my question is, is there anything I need to know about before I create an account on deviantart.com and give access to my drawings? I'm interested in other alternatives.
Thank you in advance for the information.

quest_bella.jpg

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Sage test 230408.jpg
First time I feel like I'm actually anywhere close with Sage.

While I think the Aurore eyes are close, I'm pretty sure her eyes are a bit paler and "pop" more and it's not just the lighting. Anyone find something better?

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
View attachment 2824454
First time I feel like I'm actually anywhere close with Sage.

While I think the Aurore eyes are close, I'm pretty sure her eyes are a bit paler and "pop" more and it's not just the lighting. Anyone find something better?

Excellent result. One advice. Create a camera in front of the model's face. Then zoom it out Focal Distance around 600 units. Then you adjust the Focal Lenght as needed. This gives excellent results and so you avoid 'fisheye' type results. More info in this video:

1691133760023.png

I personally use the stuff that Night Hacker has provided https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/post-10752902. For me, they give excellent results. I have lost a lot of time trying to get Sage myself. His models are excellent. Give them a try.

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
If I can immediately tell apart the original and the fan art version, in my mind, the morph and texture chase has not been successful.

While I applaud their work, we have a different approach with Night Hacker: I only use full head morphs to get the results I want, since I believe that apart from maybe 1-2 adjustments, none of these characters use a bunch of zev0's micro dials originally. It's a lot of wild goose chases, but if it works out, it's closer to the original.

Valarcho

Jan 9, 2023
You're probably right about the settings.... That's your approach and nothing but admiration. Your result is great. But it takes a hell of a lot of time. For years this thread has been discussing exactly what the settings are for the models DPC uses. There were people with very close models to the original. They achieved it on their own with a lot of testing.

I myself can't spend that much time testing all the sliders as far as Quinn's dimple or Josy's nose angle :D Yeah some models may be 90%....95% like the original, but it's ok for me. In the original production things depend on the lighting of the scene, additional processing of the pictures, etc. Let's not forget the facial emotions of the models in different scenes.

Personally, for my amateur needs, I'm happy with what we got from Night Hacker. Because he shared all of this with us. Now when I want to let loose I just work with the shared models and enjoy.

Reactions: KingBel
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes