Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
You forget who the developer is.
There is more drama here than in a mexican telenovela. I bet just for drama's sake the Protagonist will be put into a forced situation between the ex and the new girlfriend regardless of what are our choices before. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hey, if that means I wake up to find Zoey is going down on Josy or Maya, I'm cool with it, y'know? (though Nicole would be better)

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Hey, if that means I wake up to find Zoey is going down on Josy or Maya, I'm cool with it, y'know? (though Nicole would be better)
I dont think i want that but im not terribly adverse to it, would take a while to make sense though. I just want Zoey to tug on MCs heart. His posture and facial expression in that preview where they meet really makes me hopeful. Shake the MCs world up a little more, rock him to his core. Show us more!

View attachment 1860219

Reactions: Zareem

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To be fair to the MC, he did actually propose the throuple (assuming we pick that choice). He specifically followed his heart and asked for something very unorthodox, so we should give him credit for that.

Of course in the time since then he's put exactly effort into defining how the throuple will work and is more concerned with being able to date around than he is with deepening his ties with Maya and Josy. He doesn't prioritize spending time with them, shows no interest in helping Maya earn money to solve her problem the slow and steady way, takes so long to react to the rift between Maya and Josy that they've already patched things up by the time he offers to let them spend the night in his room, and can't be bothered to mention it to them when he finally decides to take the throuple seriously.

So yeah, he may also be due a great deal of anti-credit, but he did at least do one thing right. :p
MC is not proposing anything, he is proposing to be more than friends, which means absolutely nothing. he and Josy in the trouple are exclusively passengers, if Maya had decided that they needed to dress up as oompa loompas to make it work they would have done so

you then have this prejudice against MC, I if I don't want to be forbidden to do something I don't ask if I can do it, it was enough for Maya to tell him that he had to stop dating other girls and MC would have screwed himself over, but precisely as I said before it is Maya who decides and Josy who looks at her astonished

Reactions: dalli_x and Sasanid

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
release date of ep 9
Today is Friday. Friday = DrPinkCake drops a message telling about game development latest news.

After that, someone will repost it here in a few minutes (!).

After that, a couple of great folks will post charts explaining where the development is going to, and making some fair predictions.

Last Friday predictions: optimistic release date - early or mid October; pessimistic release date - late October or early November.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Lately I've been more into redheads than usual. And for the first time ever I was struck by how unbelievably lovely Arieth is in this particular scene. But ONLY in this one time. No other is she looking really good in, usually average at best.

But this one... Holy shit. Something just clicks here.

View attachment 1965799

I went through the rest of the game pretty quickly yet never saw any other good one. Such a shame really.
In most renders, she is terribly ugly. She has the dumbest smile, she has saggy tits, and in general, what is known about her from the DIKs is repulsive. How can you catch crabs in a 21st century fucking first world country?
But I understand that Arieth is just a comedic relief.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Are exes not a thing in your universe? Just because you're no longer with someone doesn't mean there aren't internal conflicts about feelings toward them. It's not like exes getting back together is some rare phenomenon.

And it's not just about being a temptation, even if there's no intention for them to get back together they still have a significant personal relationship & history. Being with someone else now doesn't erase that.

I'd be ticked off if the MC didn't make a big song and dance about the return of his former best friend/girlfriend. Even more so if she goes on to confess she wants to have a romantic relationship with him.

The nature of the song & dance is the issue. Overblown histrionics like not talking to Maya & Josy for days would be poor. The MC contemplating his feelings for Zoey & how to respond to her would be fine.

I'd also say it's perfectly fine to give the player the option to reconsider his choice at Crossroads. I'd be somewhat surprised if that wasn't possible regardless of Zoey. We're only halfway through the game, two seasons of purely cementing your relationship with the chosen one(s) seems unlikely.
Exes are a thing, but usually they'd only matter when either the new relationship has run into trouble, or the MC was obsessed with the ex all along. The relationship with the LI is newly minted, so you'd think this is when the MC would be least worried by an old flame. Meanwhile BaDIK has mentioned Zoey, but it's done nothing to suggest the MC was obsessed with her; rather the opposite given the notches he can rack up on his bedpost (and the emotional connections he can make while doing so).

I agree we'll revisit the Crossroads choice, but IMHO we need to see the relationship struggle on its own merits before a do-over will seem warranted. Zoey's splashy return seems poised to muddy that process and make it look like the MC was insincere when 'committing' to his LI at the Crossroads.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
MC is not proposing anything, he is proposing to be more than friends, which means absolutely nothing. he and Josy in the trouple are exclusively passengers, if Maya had decided that they needed to dress up as oompa loompas to make it work they would have done so

you then have this prejudice against MC, I if I don't want to be forbidden to do something I don't ask if I can do it, it was enough for Maya to tell him that he had to stop dating other girls and MC would have screwed himself over, but precisely as I said before it is Maya who decides and Josy who looks at her astonished
You bring something interesting, am trying right now another playthrough and wanted to focus mainly on that throuple, and tried to push Josy RP forward more than Maya's, I remember why I loved Maya at first, when she was alone and vulnerable, and didn't like Josy that much, thought she was a bit too carefree/careless. But the more I played, the more I found Maya, I don't know, overbearing, what I loved about her kinda vanished when Josy came back, did everything I could with her til the end, though, because Maya still do have some great scenes, but Josy literally pushed her aside for me, for the good reasons. Her development is something else in the last 2 episodes...

That's why I can't wait to see what's in store for that 'throuple' thing. I can't see it going on, Josy, when alone with the MC, is radiant, that Elena+JB discussion wasn't written out of nowhere, for Maya you have Jacob as the forever wingman who sees everything, but that's it. Suits Maya I guess as she's an introvert and secretive, but still.

I think they're still together, because Josy, who doesn't want to hurt others, manages to hurt herself on the way by not taking decisions (her anxiety, the way she tortures herself whenever she has a discussion with the MC, that discussion she has with him when sleeping in the mansion during Patrick visit, on a friendship path... she loves him, but can't because she doesn't want to hurt Maya), while for Maya it's the other way around, she doesn't want to be hurt again, but in the process she hurts those who cares around her, not in a selfish way, but because of the terror she lives not being able to be what she wants. But she also seem jealous and controlling...

They love each others, but I still think it's because they found themselves when they needed the most, Josy because she's caring and saw Maya in pain (and there's obviously physical attraction), and Maya because someone finally cared for her and gave her the attention she needed.

As much as I don't want to see them hurt, pretty sure they will be.

I know I 'fell in love' (to be taken with a grain of salt) with Josy in EP 7-8.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I'd also say it's perfectly fine to give the player the option to reconsider his choice at Crossroads. I'd be somewhat surprised if that wasn't possible regardless of Zoey. We're only halfway through the game, two seasons of purely cementing your relationship with the chosen one(s) seems unlikely.
if that will be possible, I'm going to choose Sage after choosing Others in Ep.8 and will be very disappointed if she doesn't try to beat him up after that

• Haha
Reactions: Meushi

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Exes are a thing, but usually they'd only matter when either the new relationship has run into trouble, or the MC was obsessed with the ex all along. The relationship with the LI is newly minted, so you'd think this is when the MC would be least worried by an old flame. Meanwhile BaDIK has mentioned Zoey, but it's done nothing to suggest the MC was obsessed with her; rather the opposite given the notches he can rack up on his bedpost (and the emotional connections he can make while doing so).

I agree we'll revisit the Crossroads choice, but IMHO we need to see the relationship struggle on its own merits before a do-over will seem warranted. Zoey's splashy return seems poised to muddy that process and make it look like the MC was insincere when 'committing' to his LI at the Crossroads.
I think it's more than that with Zoey.

When he was younger, he was bullied all the time for being poor and being a shy introvert (for the other introverts here, you know what it is, I also was bullied because of that). Then when he finally snapped (you also know) and got into detention, that badass girl, out of nowhere, gave him the attention he craved.

She was the first one to ever give it to him. I don't know how much DPC knows about introverts in general (I suspect he's one, too), but it means a lot for one to have someone manage to get us out of our 'bubble' and live something else.

After growing together, being together at all time, and learning to discover themselves at the same time... you see the pain typical for an introvert when he's talking with her in textos, telling her he's walking home while he's still sitting in that booth, just trying to process things, process what he lost, process feelings he never had before.

She was the one pushing things forward for them, but he was her security, that's why she wanted him to come with her.

She meant the world to him, she's more than just an ex. And she's back...

That's why I think that the decision in Crossroads may be some kind of a smokeshow, perhaps not literally, but nothing is set in stone, not when someone that important comes back. Also, was wondering, the game is set around a couple of main girls and many side girls, what will he do with them since the MC made a decision, just 'erase' them ? Doesn't make sense to me, there are still choices to be made, and I wouldn't be surprised if the LI we chose in the end is the one that pushes the MC aside because of whatever drama they'll be in, and that's where Zoey will come back.

Then, I could also be wayyyyyyyy off and act like a typical introvert trying too hard to read between the lines !

Damn I love that game.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I dont think i want that but im not terribly adverse to it, would take a while to make sense though. I just want Zoey to tug on MCs heart. His posture and facial expression in that preview where they meet really makes me hopeful. Shake the MCs world up a little more, rock him to his core. Show us more!
His facial expression is exactly like most players. " What the fuck you doing here, and Why should I care ? " :ROFLMAO:.
" We had 3 years, 8 Episode, where not a single time we think of you, and now sudenly you back, and now we need to give a fuck about you, for "plot" reason, Face :ROFLMAO:

Blue Milk

Apr 27, 2021
Hey, I need help settling a point with someone.

I'm sure I've seen DPC say that there will only ever be 5 MGs. I've looked at the past Q&As but can't seem to find it there.

Can someone direct me to where this was said?

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
How can you think that Zoey's issue closes in one chapter?

in a story where even very minor aspects have dragged on for chapters and chapters and so many of them have not yet closed.

MC may be able to tell Zoey who he is dating (I don't think he is hiding that from her, why should he?), but in no way will anything be definitively closed with her immediately.

a possible loophole could be that Zoey does not lay her cards out immediately but decides first to approach MC and only then (after 1 or 2 chapters) to propose, thus giving MC's (and to some extent the players') heads time to fill with doubt, and thus leaving this "threat" in the background
Well, you're absolutely right about that. To give a few examples of how long the problems take solving :
MC's problem of having a place to stay,
Sage's problem of being cheated,
Jill getting blackmailed,
Quinn's money problem,
Maya's money problem(yep, their problem was the same in core)
Maya&Josy feeling guilty about cheating,
Bella feeling like an adulteress
The fastest solved one was Riona's stalker issue if I'm not wrong, and it was nothing major tho apparently.

Well, the longest problem is mine because there wasn't a single Quinn preview for Ep 9 so far. JESUS

NoNameNeeded

Nov 9, 2017
What's with all the kink shaming?
I very much enjoy NTR and incest in adult games but there is a big difference between games and real life.
Blowing people's heads off in Fallout is good fun, but that doesn't mean I want to do that in real life. Nor do I want to have sex with relatives or have my girlfriend have sex with other people. And I do think murdering people is way worse than watching your wife getting boned by some random dude.
Even if I'm playing adult games that are so-called my pov, it's still just a game and none of the characters are real or relatives.
And no, I don't think Being a DIK needs NTR or incest, it's great the way it is. Not whining or claiming victimhood, just giving my opinion. And I wont repeat it in a week/month. Guess that makes me unusual amongst the NTR lovers and the incest crowd, I highly doubt it though.
But hey, at least we can agree that Sage is the best girl ;).
I'm not kinkshaming. People can like what they like and it's no skin off my ass, especially not when it comes to adult games.
And I wholly agree with your post here.
I'd agree with you that you're levelheaded, unfortunately many others aren't and they shit up threads all over and then, as I wrote start a shitspiral.
So my post was , perhaps, an overgeneralisation of the average NTR enjoyer but that's what I generally see of them.

And yes, Sage is best girl.

I'm not into NTR myself, but you know what's a lot bigger problem than NTR lovers on this forum?

It's the people who whine about NTR whenever there's a female character who shows interest in someone other than the mc. According to them, every woman in a game is there only to serve the mc, no matter how much the mc lies, cheats or sleeps around. Noo, can't have the mc losing women to other characters due to his own shitty actions.
This is the other side of the coin.
I'd say they're both as bad and together they can, especially mixed with the "milking dev" whiners, ruin a thread completely.

When it comes with BaDIK it's pretty much a fucking given that a majority of the girls have had sexual partners before, Jill expempted, and that's natural given the "realistic" setting of the game. I also accept this as part and parcel of the game as well as the really real world.

So I agree with your post and can only hope that the virgin fanatics you describe in your post as well as the NTR brigade start a support group or a Thunderdome somewhere and let the rest of us average Joes enjoy our discussions and banter.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Hey, I need help settling a point with someone.

I'm sure I've seen DPC say that there will only ever be 5 MGs. I've looked at the past Q&As but can't seem to find it there.

Can someone direct me to where this was said?
Can't answer that question, sorry for that.

But, while he may have said it, Zoey never was supposed to return either, or I don't remember DPC talking about it, and damn he made her the MC of S3 Interlude to boot.

Wonder if he really is the type of person to make absolute claims to begin with, I think he keeps doors opened just in case.

Cause if that so, since we 'made a decision' in Crossroads, in theory there should be only 1 MG left (2 with the throuple, which I think will equate to 1 in the end anyway). And that won't be the case.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Just to have said it... I always had the gut feeling that the MC will die at the end of the game :D
The start of the game already gave me that vibe.... kinda like the movie "American Beauty"

When the protagonist starts to tell the story with lines like this : "Even if you lose your family or if your family loses you..."
and than... "As for now? Let me tell you what happened"

It is really like in these movies or books where the protagonist tells the story but its like a look back on his life which is now ending...

And i dont know... yeah BeingADik is completely different to Acting Lesson AND way more lighthearted and funny overall. DPC himself made it clear that this will not go THAT dark like AL... but... well... i dont trust him one bit ;)

Just a gut feeling... but in some years we maybe come back and my gut feeling was right about that :D
I have long suspected that something bad might happen or has already happened to the MC that we don't know about yet. But it's nice that someone other than me noticed. Here is something to think about that is very strange.

EP1 could be not only the beginning but also the continuation of the story after a drama about the MC. Why is that?

There are two clues to that. One is in the game itself. Maya said to the MC when they were standing in front of the HOT's house that they were bitches. There was Camila, Sage and Quinn sitting on the sun lounger. Actually, the only thing that bothers me is Camila because she is actually a promise and has tattoos. A phoenix representing rebirth.

The second clue is in the open guide and refers to EP7 after Patrick leaves the room.

"Hug her if you have a Neutral or a CHICK affinity: + RP Maya. Maya will remember that you cared about her."

Why would Maya remember that the MC took care of her when he did it all along? I don't suppose Maya has a memory like a goldfish. Magna Cum Laude. But in EP1, when the MC is standing with Maya in front of the HOT's house, the CHICK MC is able to hug Maya and Maya's reaction to that was very positive, which is not really fitting for an introvert. Does Maya perhaps remember the hug from EP7?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Can't answer that question, sorry for that.

But, while he may have said it, Zoey never was supposed to return either, or I don't remember DPC talking about it, and damn he made her the MC of S3 Interlude to boot.

Wonder if he really is the type of person to make absolute claims to begin with, I think he keeps doors opened just in case.

Cause if that so, since we 'made a decision' in Crossroads, in theory there should be only 1 MG left (2 with the throuple, which I think will equate to 1 in the end anyway). And that won't be the case.
DPC has planned with Zoey from the beginning. On the screenshot there is an apple to the right of Derek and a skateboard to the left. Strong symbols regarding Maya's apple in EP8 and Zoey's realization that she can skateboard better than surf.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Redd23 and Sasanid

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Idea for thought. Where is B&R located? The game world has San Diego, Texas, and Australia. Geographically, it is identical to our world.
Several conclusions can be drawn:
1.At the end of the eighth episode, approximately the middle of October - we see that people began to dress warmer, the leaves on the trees turned yellow and fall. This is a temperate climate zone, so definitely not the southern states.
2. Zoey traveled to San Diego and back by train. I guess the distance isn't very far - who in their right mind would travel to the East Coast by train and not by plane? So the East Coast is crossed out.
3. The MC house is located next to the B&R - you can quickly get there by car.
In some scenes (Jade's invitation) you can see city lights and skyscrapers - well, this is definitely not Montana :LOL:
4. MC said that it is cold in winter, the wind blows through the cracks.
I think B&R is on northern-east from California. Probably Seattle or somewhere in Oregon, or Minnesota.
Ideas, theories?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Idea for thought. Where is B&R located? The game world has San Diego, Texas, and Australia. Geographically, it is identical to our world.
Several conclusions can be drawn:
1.At the end of the eighth episode, approximately the middle of October - we see that people began to dress warmer, the leaves on the trees turned yellow and fall. This is a temperate climate zone, so definitely not the southern states.
2. Zoey traveled to San Diego and back by train. I guess the distance isn't very far - who in their right mind would travel to the East Coast by train and not by plane? So the East Coast is crossed out.
3. The MC house is located next to the B&R - you can quickly get there by car.
In some scenes (Jade's invitation) you can see city lights and skyscrapers - well, this is definitely not Montana :LOL:
4. MC said that it is cold in winter, the wind blows through the cracks.
I think B&R is on northern-east from California. Probably Seattle or somewhere in Oregon, or Minnesota.
Ideas, theories?
Swipper is missing. In Swipper there is a girl from NY and you can see the miles.
And I don't know why sometimes I think that girl is Lana because of her history of saying that she is fighting with her parents... another crazy theory

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes