ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

General news
It's not Friday, but I wanted to post an update on what's been going on lately.

First off, I want to thank everyone for reporting bugs and typos.

I recently released the v0.8.2 patch, where I tried to fix as much as possible at once.

It's likely not the final version of Season 1 and Season 2, but hopefully, all big bugs and issues have been dealt with.

If you notice bugs that haven't been fixed, keep on reporting them, and I'll have a look at them.

Steam and GOG testing for Season 2 is going well, and I've been working on managing the GOG release as well as a patch update for Steam.

And now that all platforms have gotten the latest update with bug fixes, I can increase the focus on game development, alongside beta testing for the Season 2 release.

Episode Interlude
I have been writing and planning the interlude, I'm trying to box in the events I want in it, and it's going well. I'm very pleased with the writing so far, and I can't wait to continue.

My PCs have been rendering some longer animations lately, and I've also started posing static renders.

It's tough to estimate how long the interlude will be in gameplay. I aim for a 40-60 minutes duration for an average player.

Overall, it will feel interesting, fresh, and different than the previous episodes in several ways.

Patron milestone reward
Don't miss out on entering a submission for the Patron milestone reward .

On Friday, I will start selecting submissions and preparing polls to decide the winners. So, enter a submission now, if you haven't already.

To address some questions I've gotten regarding the submissions:

Yes, you can enter a submission with Acting Lessons characters, too.

Yes, you don't have to request lewd/NSFW submissions. I will consider wholesome/wallpapers/SFW content too.

I'm looking forward to creating the polls and this special series for you!

Cheers

Dr PinkCake
Not a lot of numbers to work with, but we do at least get some sense of scale for the Interlude. It's hard to say exactly what 40-60 minutes of gameplay would be when the story is still so nebulous, though. Episode 1 is probably the closest comparison; I'd say it probably has more like 90 minutes of gameplay all told, but it may also have a lower image density (and almost certainly shorter animations) which could even out a bit. And it's the smallest episode to date, so it's the best comparison that isn't pulled from thin air. So let's spin up of the old spreadsheet and see if we can learn anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Since we still have no actual data, I've used a weekly rate of 130 static renders and 11 animations (roughly DPC's overall average during Episode 8) to populate our charts. As you can see, DPC could match Episode 1's content by February without too much trouble. He could probably up the ratio of animations at the expense of statics and still be done by February with some time left for coding.

If we assume the Interlude will be relatively linear - making it easier to code and to beta test - I'd say a mid February release is probably a very reasonable estimate for our wild speculations.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Not a lot of numbers to work with, but we do at least get some sense of scale for the Interlude. It's hard to say exactly what 40-60 minutes of gameplay would be when the story is still so nebulous, though. Episode 1 is probably the closest comparison; I'd say it probably has more like 90 minutes of gameplay all told, but it may also have a lower image density (and almost certainly shorter animations) which could even out a bit. And it's the smallest episode to date, so it's the best comparison that isn't pulled from thin air. So let's spin up of the old spreadsheet and see if we can learn anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Since we still have no actual data, I've used a weekly rate of 130 static renders and 11 animations (roughly DPC's overall average during Episode 8) to populate our charts. As you can see, DPC could match Episode 1's content by February without too much trouble. He could probably up the ratio of animations at the expense of statics and still be done by February with some time left for coding.

If we assume the Interlude will be relatively linear - making it easier to code and to beta test - I'd say a mid February release is probably a very reasonable estimate for our wild speculations.
I feel that with the Interlude, we have to look at it more like how DPC handled each update for Acting Lessons since the Interlude is gonna be similar to that, but with much better renders.

DracoXXX

Jul 7, 2021
I've racked my brains & I still have no clue why jill wasn't in the GF list.I did everything for her including picnic, fight for her, tennis, recital, u name it I did it. But still I didn't get jill ending, WHY??

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I've racked my brains & I still have no clue why jill wasn't in the GF list.I did everything for her including picnic, fight for her, tennis, recital, u name it I did it. But still I didn't get jill ending, WHY??
If any of the following are true, no Jill for you:
  • When you chose to "fight for her" at the end of the scene, she didn't end up masturbating after the mc left (if you're a DIK or she didn't go on the picnic with her this scene won't happen).
  • Your mc has DIK affinity.
  • The mc never went with Jill to have sushi with her friends (this won't happen if the Jill masturbation scene didn't happen).
If you've been doing everything right with Jill, it typically comes down to you can't have DIK affinity.

Last edited:
Reactions: DracoXXX

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Fuck, Cathy fucked me over with Bella which is the LI I was going for with my "main" save.
Oh well, guess more fucking around with Jade and Envy. Hopefully Nora too.
I'm pretty sure Nora will be quite heavily featured in Season 3, as she will likely be MC's Science teacher.

What I'm wondering though is how much of Cathy will we see in Season 3?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I will say that over and over and over again. Maya is a decent human being, quinn is a fucking psycho and the people who prefer her are fubared.
In real life I'd agree, but this isn't real life, it's a game. It's like suggesting people that play GTA are psychos. It's just a game, with no consequences in real life.

Heaps of villains in stories are preferred to the protagonist(s):
  • Dark Darth Vader (probably the number 1 example) - hehe, oops, thank you OFT, but yes Dark Helmet is another great villain. :whistle:
  • Hannibal Lector (did anyone care when he walked off into the sunset while Clarise was shitting herself)
  • Dracula (too cool for school while Harker had a stick [or was that a stake] up his ass)
  • Barbosa (mainly because Geoffrey Rush hammed him up so much)
  • The Joker (personally not a big Heath fan myself, but I can't deny the love so many have for this character)
  • Freddy Kruger (he makes killing kids seem so wholesome)
  • Jason Voorhees (and this motherfucker had no personality at all)
  • Pretty much every killer of teenagers in the slasher-style movies (maybe it's what they do, not who they are...)
  • Keyser Söze (well, not anymore though, 'cause, you know...)
  • Hans Landa (he was fucking awesome)
  • and so on.
Sometimes the villain is so enjoyable you want them to succeed in their dastardly plans. In this case, we don't necessarily want Quinn to succeed in her plans, we just don't want her to die, and want to fuck her regularly. :giggle:

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Does the presence of Quinn with Sage, Isabella, Jill, M&J in the banner means something? Has she been promoted to "official Li", or something? Or that banner with 6 girls has been used before?
Yes, Quinn was on the banner during the status update of episode 8.
I've been thinking February for a while. He seems to be using his time wisely, or at least his machines wisely. at 40-60 minutes i'd say that is 15-20% the size of the last couple of episodes. He took some time off before beggining work on 8 and then also had the season 3 save system to develop, as well us upgrading the version of Ren'py the game used. I think we'll see episode developement time return to closer to 6 and 7 for the next 2 or 3.

So here's some sums for fun. Episode 8 took 30 weeks to develop (Week one the first Friday after 7 was released). 15% of the time for this would be 4.5 Weeks rounded up, 20% would be 6. That would be the 24th-31st December. We end up with the same time frame for 15-20% of content.

• On average he produced 358/30=11.93 animations per week.
  • On Average he produced 4158/30=138.6 static renders per week
  • 15% of statics would be 623.7, 20% would be 831.6
  • 15% of anaimations would be 53.7, 20% would be 71.6

So that means to produce the statics it would take;
  • 15% - 623.7/138.6= 4.5 weeks
  • 20% - 831.6/138.6= 6 weeks

So that means to produce the animations it would take;
  • 15% - 53.7/11.93= 4.5 weeks
  • 20% - 71.6/11.93= 6 weeks
Yes, this doesn't take into account writing or coding, however, I think it would be reasonable to expect Interlude to arrive in January or early February. At a 40-60 minute production any longer wouldn't make sense. I'm going to go with February 4th. In turn i'm going to predict July 22nd-29th for Episode 9.
I would like to add that the forecasts are always86 accurate! He predicted the exact release time of episode 8!
I would also add that apparently, since the episode simultaneously performs a technical function, namely, it should check the operability of the saves of the 2nd season, several scenes of the MС with the selected LI will probably appear in the interlude. For example, MC could talk on the phone with Josie, and then Rusty comes to him and says that he has guests. He is surprised and sees Zoey in the room.

Apparently, a "fresh" look at the game involves focusing on the plot and characters. The developer himself is tired of coding complex scenes of free roam and a large number of variables and wants a simpler and linear story. Perhaps the whole episode 3 will be more linear (one way or another, we have already made a choice, and the affinity system is no longer so important).Of course there will be сhoices, but they won't be as confusing as in seasons 1 and 2.

Apparently, he has already finished with the script and animations, and has started static renders. I'm afraid of getting burned, because when I read the update, my mood dropped, but on reflection, I decided it wasn't so bad.

1) A positive option. Interlude release in late January - early February - Episode 9 release in July - Episode 10 release by mid - late December.

2) A pessimistic option. Interlude release - in early - mid-February - Episode 9 release - in late July - early August - Episode 10 release in January.
In fact, the difference between a positive and a pessimistic option is 2-3 weeks and it's not that much. Yes, the chance to get one (technically one and a half) updates is quite large, and the only chance to fit 3 episodes in one year is small-sized episodes 9 and 10.

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
I will say that over and over and over again. Maya is a decent human being, quinn is a fucking psycho and the people who prefer her are fubared.
This guy is insulting a lot of people for liking a character instead of other and looking for an argument... And the mods are deleting 2 or 3 of my comments every day, in which I don´t insult anyone, because... reasons. This forum is something else :ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
In real life I'd agree
In real life, it´s more probable being badly hurt by a delusional (does she really thought that the HOTs were going to pay her tuition, just because?) needy drama queen like Maya, that is not capable of take responsibilities for her actions and is always complaining, pitying herself, and trying to get others to solve her problems, than by a tough nut like Quinn that always try to solve by herself her own problems one way or another, and don´t even ask for help when she clearly needs it.

I can see Quinn in 2030 packing her things and running away from Tremolo´s home at 5 A.M. without saying "goodbye", out of boredom, to join a biker band or something. And I see Tremolo thinking "OK, this had to happen one day or another. Let´s move on..."

And I can see Maya in 2035 playing every "victim cart" (like Quinn would say) with Tremolo because whatever he gives to her or does for her, never is enough, and ending up hiring an hyaena of divorce attorney to use every legal or paralegal trick to get the house, the car and even the guitar, most of Tremolo´s salary for child support, full child custody, and leaving Tremolo without family and in utter misery, looking for a three to hang himself :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Some devs take a whole year for that with the same or more budget than DPC. :BootyTime:

I'm afraid DPC plan is now: 1 prelude/side-episode and 1 full-episode per years now.
I do not think so, this intelude is 99% a technical issue, the test for DPC to check the portability of saves

however that next year we will have only one chapter I give it almost for sure

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkKiller

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This guy is insulting a lot of people for liking a character instead of other and looking for an argument... And the mods are deleting 2 or 3 of my comments every day, in which I don´t insult anyone, because... reasons. This forum is something else :ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO:
You've been posting too much, the thread is going to break! :p

Hi. My game is crashing on the lastest update on this particular part. Can anybody help? View attachment 1547323
Right after that scene there is some logic that says:

if cheatcat2 != "":​
$ renpy.quit()​

My guess is you're using an old walkthrough. If you install the latest walkthrough from the beginning of this thread you should be good to go.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes