Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
You reminded me of something. Since you've tested it via Steam, I placed a Steam walkthrough page note that changes as the player progresses in the QuickMenu. In doing so my thought was that I could not only get the DLC walkthrough to open but actually go to the page automatically. I'm now not sure I actually finished that code so it may not work as intended. Just another little thing that may help or be a convenience (if it actually works). I'm so busy prepping my code for the next inbound VN updates that I'm having a hard time finding time to go back and retest a lot of the little details currently.

I appreciate the kind words. Maybe what I can do is place a separate cheat in the SanchoCheats menu that will allow the player the ultimate choice:
  • Play the Mansion MG completely unmodded and without assistance (currently possible by simply not using the mod's features).
  • Play the Mansion MG with selective assistance and guidance (currently possible by using the info in the MiniStat screen plus the automated button functions).
  • Play the Mansion MG after pumping everything you need into one function (currently NOT possible but anything can be done)
I'll chew on it.
thats all i ask kind sir. and the modification i had in mind was like use ur spreadsheet thingy to add 5% to each skill without it costing mansion money.

and like i said, i use the steam version with that other cheat/walkthrough mod, while i also have this f95zone version that runs with ur walkthrough addon, but if you want, seeing you are willing to think about it. i would be happy to switch things around and run the steam version with ur addon, and this one here with the other mod. just send me a PM and ill give ya my steamhandle (not in public though, i dont want any stalkers :p) so we can talk while you tell me what to test :D

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
And to everyone else.
Give this gentleman a rating. me being the only one giving him one feels like all his hard work is only appreciated by 1 person, namely me.
So go out there and give this gentleman the compliments he rightfully deserves :D

• Love
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And to everyone else.
Give this gentleman a rating. me being the only one giving him one feels like all his hard work is only appreciated by 1 person, namely me.
So go out there and give this gentleman the compliments he rightfully deserves :D
I appreciate the kind words, sincerely. I'm happy that at least a few find the work that I ultimately do for my own personal use beneficial to their experience as well. Regards.

Reactions: JfHG

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This error occurs when I try to import a save into Interlude.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The error " Exception: Could not find font u'Audrey-Bold.otf' " has nothing to do with the mod but rather that the VN can't find that particular font (it's not my font but the game's). It's included in the base game of Interlude. I don't modify that header file nor does the mod ever seek the font... the base game does. Insure that "fonts.rpa" file is inside the "game" folder and report back.

Edit: See post here a couple pages back. Another person had same issue with the base game and it was resolved.

Reactions: CoalPhelps

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
The error " Exception: Could not find font u'Audrey-Bold.otf' " has nothing to do with the mod but rather that the VN can't find that particular font (it's not my font but the game's). It's included in the base game of Interlude. I don't modify that header file nor does the mod ever seek the font... the base game does. Insure that "fonts.rpa" file is inside the "game" folder and report back.

Edit: See post here a couple pages back. Another person had same issue with the base game and it was resolved.
Thanks for the help, I'll try later

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hello Sancho, first of all thank you for your help, I have already dealt with your cheats on other games and it's really excellent.

I wanted to know, when I launch the game I am told that SanchoMod is not correctly installed, yet when I start a new game, I have access to cheats from another mod. Is it due to the fact that I have the game in French or that I have several cheat mods on it?

And I didn't understand, what should I put in the renpy folder?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho, first of all thank you for your help, I have already dealt with your cheats on other games and it's really excellent.

I wanted to know, when I launch the game I am told that SanchoMod is not correctly installed, yet when I start a new game, I have access to cheats from another mod. Is it due to the fact that I have the game in French or that I have several cheat mods on it?

And I didn't understand, what should I put in the renpy folder?
Good morning. First, please see the spoiler in the OP of this thread "Mod Mixing". Second, your install is borked due to this. Install a clean/new version of the VN and don't do anything else except install the mod as instructed. Just those two things and those things only. You will then have the correct SanchoMod experience and the mod will inform you so by seeing "SanchoMod Installed" in the bottom-right of the menus, full access to the SanchoMod button, correct ChoiceGuide, etc.

Try that and report back please. Regards.

Reactions: Envy*

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Good morning. First, please see the spoiler in the OP of this thread "Mod Mixing". Second, your install is borked due to this. Install a clean/new version of the VN and don't do anything else except install the mod as instructed. Just those two things and those things only. You will then have the correct SanchoMod experience and the mod will inform you so by seeing "SanchoMod Installed" in the bottom-right of the menus, full access to the SanchoMod button, correct ChoiceGuide, etc.

Try that and report back please. Regards.

Okay, thanks you !!

EDIT.
It was due to the other mods thank you, I should have read the warning first to install without paying attention ! I can suddenly enjoy the game in my language while taking advantage of the mod, it's niquel.

Last edited:

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
i dont know what i did wrong but when i installed it like it said in the installation tab on this page i loaded the game up via Steam and at the main menu at the bottom it says its not installed right

Edit: nvm i went up as the other person had the same problem

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i dont know what i did wrong but when i installed it like it said in the installation tab on this page i loaded the game up via Steam and at the main menu at the bottom it says its not installed right

Edit: nvm i went up as the other person had the same problem
So, you got it sorted?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
in the middle of doing im re-installing the game and only installing this Mod
Ahh, understood. You've already started that but know in the future if you need to do something similar via steam that you can leave the large "*images.rpa" files in place, delete everything else, and sync so you don't have to re-dowload the large image files. That will save a bit of time/bandwidth if you wish. The way steam updates titles that should work but I haven't tested it with this particular title tbh.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
Ahh, understood. You've already started that but know in the future if you need to do something similar via steam that you can leave the large "*images.rpa" files in place, delete everything else, and sync so you don't have to re-dowload the large image files. That will save a bit of time/bandwidth if you wish. The way steam updates titles that should work but I haven't tested it with this particular title tbh.
its working now

AladdinJuice

Dec 30, 2019
Hi Sancho, I was about to try your great mod but I have a problem, the game crashes just after a few seconds. I can read that all the characters are above 18 and I get the next picture with the Steam logo, but the game goes dark and crashes... I did just install your mod this moring so have not tried it out yet, do you have any Idea why?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how come this doesnt have the add money option?
Originally when I started coding the mod I had one made to assist in speedrunning during testing. What I quickly realized is that I never once used it... ever. Due to Brawler (which there's a cheat automatically if you don't want to technically play the minigame) and the hidden money during FreeRoam (which has a SanchoNotify when there's money on the screen) I always had more cash than I needed in any one speedrun. So, I took it out to save congestion. I only left the "cheats" that I personally needed during various testing runs or those that I created myself for the player.

Hi Sancho, I was about to try your great mod but I have a problem, the game crashes just after a few seconds. I can read that all the characters are above 18 and I get the next picture with the Steam logo, but the game goes dark and crashes... I did just install your mod this moring so have not tried it out yet, do you have any Idea why?
The installation isn't correct. Review the info in this thread's OP "Mod Mixing" and "Installation". It sounds like the base VN of the installation on your end was tampered with previously. Install the mod inside a clean/new installation and report your findings please.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hello, following a failed relationship with Bella, I decided to start the game over to fix my mistake, so I got to the point where we have the choice between staying partying with the DIK or joining Maya to spend the evening with her in Episode 2, the problem is that I can't unlock the Sancho mod which allows me to do both, I had succeeded on my old save but not on this one, someone knows what, what to do ?

What are the requirements to unlock the cheat ?

It's ok I found it, it's me like an idiot I forgot to reactivate "Choice Guide"

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, following a failed relationship with Bella, I decided to start the game over to fix my mistake, so I got to the point where we have the choice between staying partying with the DIK or joining Maya to spend the evening with her in Episode 2, the problem is that I can't unlock the Sancho mod which allows me to do both, I had succeeded on my old save but not on this one, someone knows what, what to do ?

What are the requirements to unlock the cheat ?

It's ok I found it, it's me like an idiot I forgot to reactivate "Choice Guide"
Good afternoon. So, you're all sorted?

Reactions: Envy*

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
After a clean install and the files install one by one, I found where the problem is, it seems to be a conflict between the French translation patch and the Rusty Window Crash files. I have Episode 8 in French again with all the mods ! (y)

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes