Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

valuthil915

Jul 20, 2019
I've never played BAD before and am confused why you have two separate mods for the game, and "Interlude?" Are these two separate games? Should I install both?

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
I've never played BAD before and am confused why you have two separate mods for the game, and "Interlude?" Are these two separate games? Should I install both?

Being A Dik Interlude is a transition while waiting for Season 3. I advise you to do Season 1 & 2 first with the mods in question, before doing the Interlude.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. As stated above. If it helps here's the nerdy version of correlation (I'm a redneck so I think it's funny):
  • BaDIK Season 1 = Star Wars
  • BaDIK Season 2 = The Empire Strikes Back
  • BaDIK S3 Interlude = Return of the Jedi
Quality not withstanding of course. They are simply order of appearance/progression.

• Haha
Reactions: Envy*

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Good morning. As stated above. If it helps here's the nerdy version of correlation (I'm a redneck so I think it's funny):
  • BaDIK Season 1 = Star Wars
  • BaDIK Season 2 = The Empire Strikes Back
  • BaDIK S3 Interlude = Return of the Jedi
Quality not withstanding of course. They are simply order of appearance/progression.
lol, then ur going the wrong way about it, every nerd also knows that episode 6 comes before the past ones. so while interlude dives into da past, shouldnt there be at least 1 more episode about the present? :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
how do i enable the ability to play split routes. Currently trying to choose btw cathy and jade. help
SanchoSplits are automatically enabled via the ChoiceGuide (in-game walkthrough). The splits are at predetermined locations/choices only at my discretion. In other words not every choice is split on demand... only a select few that 1) don't destroy the story line and 2) don't require me to completely rewrite the entire story to be kinetic. Regards.

antonymorato

Jun 11, 2020

SanchoSplits are automatically enabled via the ChoiceGuide (in-game walkthrough). The splits are at predetermined locations/choices only at my discretion. In other words not every choice is split on demand... only a select few that 1) don't destroy the story line and 2) don't require me to completely rewrite the entire story to be kinetic. Regards.
oh thanks for the reply

Revelwer

Dec 4, 2021
In Windows, I put the SanchoMod in the game folder, but nothing happened. Can someone make a visual walkthrough on how to install the mod?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is the any mods for the shuffle? or will i be missing anything from not playing it
Good afternoon. Currently no, I don't remember making a cheat for shuffle tbh. I'm not sure what I'd do that would be any different then just playing with minigames off.

Reactions: antonymorato

Godlynoob

Sep 9, 2018
Hello i'm having troubles with the mod, even with Choiceguide enabled im unable to see its effect on my game. Any solution? sorry if this is a dumb question.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello i'm having troubles with the mod, even with Choiceguide enabled im unable to see its effect on my game. Any solution? sorry if this is a dumb question.
Good afternoon. More info is required as you obviously don't have it installed correctly. If I was to randomly guess it could be many things such as you mixed mods, you extracted the files incorrectly, you placed the files inside the wrong folder, etc.

Easiest way to remove any confusion: follow the installation instructions exactly inside a clean/new game install
  1. Install VN, don't do anything else yet... don't add another mod, don't move any files, don't get cute. Just install a new/clean copy of the game.
  2. Extract ALL the contents of the mod's zip inside the VN's "game" folder. For example: "BeingADIK-0.8.2-pc/game"
That's all there is to it. Don't do anything else but start the game. You should see a new item in the Main Menu "SanchoMod" when installed correctly. Done.

If you fuck with anything else it'll likely break... that includes "mod mixing" as described in the OP of this thread. Report back your findings please. Regards.

Godlynoob

Sep 9, 2018
Good afternoon. More info is required as you obviously don't have it installed correctly. If I was to randomly guess it could be many things such as you mixed mods, you extracted the files incorrectly, you placed the files inside the wrong folder, etc.

Easiest way to remove any confusion: follow the installation instructions exactly inside a clean/new game install
  1. Install VN, don't do anything else yet... don't add another mod, don't move any files, don't get cute. Just install a new/clean copy of the game.
  2. Extract ALL the contents of the mod's zip inside the VN's "game" folder. For example: "BeingADIK-0.8.2-pc/game"
That's all there is to it. Don't do anything else but start the game. You should see a new item in the Main Menu "SanchoMod" when installed correctly. Done.

If you fuck with anything else it'll likely break... that includes "mod mixing" as described in the OP of this thread. Report back your findings please. Regards.

Thank you so much for the reply, i previously had v 0.7.2 and i used the updater to update to 0.8.2, could that be what's causing the issue? Ill try reinstalling sanchoMod

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you so much for the reply, i previously had v 0.7.2 and i used the updater to update to 0.8.2, could that be what's causing the issue? Ill try reinstalling sanchoMod
If you had anything else installed like a mod or other then yes, it's possibly the cause of the issue. Don't just "reinstall SanchoMod". Do exactly as I instructed above... install a new clean version of the VN (this takes out all outside unknown circumstances) then install the mod into that new VN installation. Do exactly that as there's no way for me to know what you did or didn't do inside your old VN installation. Keep it simple and don't over-complicate it... just follow the two steps and you will succeed.

GamerGod76

Mar 26, 2020
Sancho bro...will this Mod work on the steam version of season 1 and 2? If so what file do i merge it with?

Scet

Jul 11, 2020
Hey Sancho,
I am having difficulties in loading the the import files from series 1-2 in Interlude version. I have deleted the game and mod files and re-installed fresh and still get the same error. If I rollback, I get the attached traceback. If I ignore it takes me to the end of the Interlude and asks me to save the game.
Not sure what's happening.
The import files have been created from BeingADIK-0.8.2 using your mod for this version (all files were created from "scratch").

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho,
I am having difficulties in loading the the import files from series 1-2 in Interlude version. I have deleted the game and mod files and re-installed fresh and still get the same error. If I rollback, I get the attached traceback. If I ignore it takes me to the end of the Interlude and asks me to save the game.
Not sure what's happening.
The import files have been created from BeingADIK-0.8.2 using your mod for this version (all files were created from "scratch").
Ok, don't freak out... this isn't as bad as it appears. You are missing a font file from your base game installation. This has happened to a few other folks before as well (there must be a fucked up VN installation running around). Anyway, see the post here for a quick and easy fix. Let me know if you run into problems putting the font file in the correct location.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho bro...will this Mod work on the steam version of season 1 and 2? If so what file do i merge it with?
Well, it might not fire off steam cheevos since the scripts I used were not steam scripts... but otherwise it will work just fine. Install as normal, fine the "game" folder in the correct steam folder for the game. That's all there is to it.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes