Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Problem: that makes for what is impossible via normal playthrough, something that no SanchoCheat does. I've coded every single cheat from the beginning of S1 so as to only be an outcome that could be made the same way via non-cheating.

Exceptions are the DIK and Money cheats... but I got so much heat and toxic posts because I didn't have them originally that I caved and made them anyway. I did make them as safe as possible though (which still pisses some folks off but fuck 'em, I'm saving them from themselves).

What I'm getting at is that when I make the PartyPlanner it will be like the Mansion minigame cheat... it will be both elaborate and safe no matter what Pink does in the future. Bottom line: the ending result in the PartyPlanner are obvious from the dev's code that there is no accounting for perfection... which tells me he's going to check it later. It won't be me in that crossfire if I can help it.

I'm not wagging my finger at you, just explaining my method on creating cheats for this particular VN.
It's impossible to get a "S" ranking without cheating? Otherwise even with all perks on, every DIK is not 100% happy.

I appreciate the caution and agree with it for the mod, since it aims to be a pure play alternative. I'll risk it and deal with the consequences if they do happen.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
it took me ages and multiple playthroughs to find that fucking plant :ROFLMAO: Thought it was supposed to be in my room, but nope, so it's permanently dead now (I suppose I could look up the variable?). Same with the ladder to the roof, had no idea where to look for it, but found it today.
:ROFLMAO: Easy to get that confused, since Jamie does give MC that bigger plant for his room in Episode 8.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's impossible to get a "S" ranking without cheating? Otherwise even with all perks on, every DIK is not 100% happy.

I appreciate the caution and agree with it for the mod, since it aims to be a pure play alternative. I'll risk it and deal with the consequences if they do happen.
The other thing that's been working against me is I want to auto-populate the planning board with a push of a button... and Pink made some of the "pieces" random which means more coding work for me to check each piece on the grid. Then I need to read each DIK's happiness, pick the lowest portion of those and stress on them to keep the whole group within a reasonable range. There's other things to account for as well but that's what it will take if I do it the way I envision... is is populating everything on a per grid basis and not just clicking a button, getting "S" rank and the closing screen.

I want it to be automated, animated, and cool like the S2 Mansion cheat which is epic in my biased opinion.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Same with the ladder to the roof,
At the last minute for the initial Ep10 mod release I added a "Ladder" notification if that particular magazine was missing but I elected to not tell the Player where the ladder is so they still had some skin in the game. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Elduriel

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
The other thing that's been working against me is I want to auto-populate the planning board with a push of a button... and Pink made some of the "pieces" random which means more coding work for me to check each piece on the grid. Then I need to read each DIK's happiness, pick the lowest portion of those and stress on them to keep the whole group within a reasonable range. There's other things to account for as well but that's what it will take if I do it the way I envision... is is populating everything on a per grid basis and not just clicking a button, getting "S" rank and the closing screen.

I want it to be automated, animated, and cool like the S2 Mansion cheat which is epic in my biased opinion.
I played with your mod during Season 1 and 2. How did I miss your mansion cheat? How do you activate it?

Nevermind. The ministat! :LOL: I must be blind. I never noticed until now. :oops:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

is the mansion cheat a later addition to the mod? Coz the one I have doesn't have one
1702577999280.png

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Open the ministat, it tells you what moves to make under "Assignment." I missed that too. :oops:
yep missed that, was expecting something similar to the other cheats, I just powered through it by adding a shitton of money, maxing everyone out in the first instance then it's a breeze from there :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Maxiom

Slander19

Jul 15, 2017
it took me ages and multiple playthroughs to find that fucking plant :ROFLMAO: Thought it was supposed to be in my room, but nope, so it's permanently dead now (I suppose I could look up the variable?). Same with the ladder to the roof, had no idea where to look for it, but found it today.
Could you help me telling me where the ladder is? Can't find it at all

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
yep missed that, was expecting something similar to the other cheats, I just powered through it by adding a shitton of money, maxing everyone out in the first instance then it's a breeze from there :ROFLMAO:
I did the exact same thing. :ROFLMAO: I just held off on buying the windows until Episode 8.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, are y'all ready for this Maintenance Update or do you still need time to find all the existing features already in the damn thing? :ROFLMAO: :p

(j/k, I'm working on it)

The FAQ (second post below the OP) has many of the features listed, so you can always use that for reference. It's not all inclusive though, it'd be one helluva long post otherwise.

• Haha

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Okay, are y'all ready for this Maintenance Update or do you still need time to find all the existing features already in the damn thing? :ROFLMAO: :p

(j/k, I'm working on it)
haven't played brawler since like chapter 5 but now I'm getting really good at it so no need to rush :KEK:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Luckily, didn't miss that one. For freeroams, I always have the MiniStat active. I probably had it opened for the Mansion minigame too because I use the auto show/hide feature. :oops:

Probably didn't expect it there so didn't really look.
I've done my best to check if the player has the MiniStat open or closed and to give a notifier that they might want to open and look at it if it's not already open. If the Player just leaves the MiniStat On (and let's it auto Open/Close normally) then those notifications aren't displayed. I might have missed a few here and there but I had the intent.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Elduriel

The old original Mansion game post is here for reference which details the ins/outs mostly.
thanks, I wasn't following the thread at the time so that's why I missed that probably... I remember a comment of yours from somewhere that you will code an epic mansion cheat but I just thought you never came around to it

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
thanks, I wasn't following the thread at the time so that's why I missed that probably... I remember a comment of yours from somewhere that you will code an epic mansion cheat but I just thought you never came around to it
Well, we're close to 100 pages in this thread so I've tried to consolidate the biggies in the FAQ. The Mansion is there but near the bottom of the FAQ post. Just know that source of overall info is there if needed.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes