Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hi, I already asked this question on Scrappy's topic, but is it normal that when I install the Sanchomod, Scrappy's disappears? I was playing on version 0.8.2 and both worked fine at the same time, but apparently not for version 0.91, if I install only one, no matter which mod, it works, but if I install both, Scrappy's disappears. :unsure:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, I already asked this question on Scrappy's topic, but is it normal that when I install the Sanchomod, Scrappy's disappears? I was playing on version 0.8.2 and both worked fine at the same time, but apparently not for version 0.91, if I install only one, no matter which mod, it works, but if I install both, Scrappy's disappears. :unsure:
The answer is in the OP:
1679077196959.png

• Wow
Reactions: Envy*

gotze10

Aug 31, 2019
Hi Sancho I have got a problem im not sure its the mod making it or not, when Sage Maya and Josy realize that they are talking to Isabelle under the mummy mask its doesnt go forward. Its relapses to the point when Jill is in a banana costume outside the house trying to convince Isabelle to come inside. I dont know why this is happening. Could you pls help me? Thanks in advance.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: The Glorious LIME

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho I have got a problem im not sure its the mod making it or not, when Sage Maya and Josy realize that they are talking to Isabelle under the mummy mask its doesnt go forward. Its relapses to the point when Jill is in a banana costume outside the house trying to convince Isabelle to come inside. I dont know why this is happening. Could you pls help me? Thanks in advance.
Good evening. This is because at some point you used another mod, chose incorrect "harem" possibilities and now stuck in a loop. This has nothing to do with SanchoMod but is apparently caused by "Loop Creator 3000" which The Glorious LIME is familiar with this and may be able to point you to a way to correct it other than my solution which is to load a save that wasn't made after using the cheats section in that other mod. I'm fairly certain I fixed most of the other issues that other mod caused except that looping issue... I'd have to DL that mod and see what's what and that's beyond the scope of my personal time and work tbh. I'm not being a DIK... I'm just being honest.

• Yay, new update!

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Good evening. This is because at some point you used another mod, chose incorrect "harem" possibilities and now stuck in a loop. This has nothing to do with SanchoMod but is apparently caused by "Loop Creator 3000" which The Glorious LIME is familiar with this and may be able to point you to a way to correct it other than my solution which is to load a save that wasn't made after using the cheats section in that other mod. I'm fairly certain I fixed most of the other issues that other mod caused except that looping issue... I'd have to DL that mod and see what's what and that's beyond the scope of my personal time and work tbh. I'm not being a DIK... I'm just being honest.
It's a mix. It's not that Sancho or Scrappy "created" the loops, it's that Episode 8 Crossroads created a massive branching moment. So people who used mods before arrive at a point that the game logic can't handle the massive branching differences due to Multi-Mod features. So the way I see it, it is not something the modders created, but exposed a Ren'Py logic error(if that makes sense?).

And yeah, I called Sancho the Loop Creator 3000 in the N7 BaDIK thread :ROFLMAO: All in good spirits. Mostly since the thread has been overrun since Episode 9 with loop questions.
Nothing against Sancho, I'm an enjoyer of his mods for other games.

I use Sancho mods, but not for BaDIK.
But I've always tried to help people in the N7 BaDIK thread who have these issues. A lot of people have issues because they previously had Scrappy's mod, and than switched to Sancho in Episode 9. So basically they have 2 mods in 1 game folder.

The solution that fixes everyone's problem at the end of the day always has been:

Re-download the game to a NEW folder, use ONLY newest Sancho's mod on the new folder. And everything should work fine. No one I told that ever came back to the thread(which implies it worked and they got what the needed from it).

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's not that Sancho or Scrappy "created" the loops, it's that Episode 8 Crossroads created a massive branching moment. So people who used mods before arrive at a point that the game logic can't handle the massive branching differences due to Multi-Mod features. So the way I see it, it is not something the modders created, but exposed a Ren'Py logic error(if that makes sense?).
Well done bud... except the part I quoted. The looping error is caused directly by using a multi-pathing cheat in the other mod that's not possible otherwise through normal playthrough. The code logic in the VN is fine (it's not broken) but goes into the loop due to paths that normally can't be True/False are set otherwise by the use of the "harem" type cheat. SanchoMod does not and never has done this. It only allows you to "cheat" with only the variables that are possible through normal playthrough. I even change older variables to suit the one that the player might choose in the cheat... and they dynamically change in the cheat section depending on the current playthough to keep things legit.

That's a lot of words that make me sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but I'm just pointing out that I took step from the very get-go to insure players couldn't fuck themselves later. This takes a lot of time and effort so yes, I'm a bit proud of it at this point... but, bottom line, there's zero chance you get the looping "error" by using unmodded or SanchoMod exclusively.

Just to be clear. Thank you for responding though, sincerely. I know you had written that in humor and I'm simply poking you back a bit. It's all good bud. Regards.

• Yay, new update!

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Well done bud... except the part I quoted. The looping error is caused directly by using a multi-pathing cheat in the other mod that's not possible otherwise through normal playthrough. The code logic in the VN is fine (it's not broken) but goes into the loop due to paths that normally can't be True/False are set otherwise by the use of the "harem" type cheat. SanchoMod does not and never has done this. It only allows you to "cheat" with only the variables that are possible through normal playthrough. I even change older variables to suit the one that the player might choose in the cheat... and they dynamically change in the cheat section depending on the current playthough to keep things legit.

That's a lot of words that make me sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but I'm just pointing out that I took step from the very get-go to insure players couldn't fuck themselves later. This takes a lot of time and effort so yes, I'm a bit proud of it at this point... but, bottom line, there's zero chance you get the looping "error" by using unmodded or SanchoMod exclusively.

Just to be clear. Thank you for responding though, sincerely. I know you had written that in humor and I'm simply poking you back a bit. It's all good bud. Regards.
I believe you know your stuff. So I'll take your word for it :D
I'm not here to talk Sancho Vs Scrappy in any case.
Overall, I try and help everyone in the N7's thread when I can, unlike some that meme on users in need of help.

And no worries, all in good fun :) We're all here to have fun and give back in our own little ways. I chose fan art as my way.

In any case, to whomever reads this exchange in the future, best fix is to fresh install and use Sancho on that fresh install folder. If you used other mods before, you're mixing stuff that shouldn't mix.

Reactions: Sancho1969
Mar 27, 2019
I got a question does the mod work on the compressed games or just og games? I am having to try and use compressed games, running on a low spec pc not to mention low disk space. lol The reason I ask is when I checked the compressed it says version 0.8.2 but when I checked the mod it says 0.8.3 .

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I got a question does the mod work on the compressed games or just og games? I am having to try and use compressed games, running on a low spec pc not to mention low disk space. lol The reason I ask is when I checked the compressed it says version 0.8.2 but when I checked the mod it says 0.8.3 .
Answer is here. Regards.

Ekomano

Aug 30, 2018
Sancho1969 Sorry for the post, but probably I mixed up other mods, sorry again, to get all the content the game has to offer. I probably fucked up my save with using some "harem" ways, and started the ep9. No problems during interlude, good mod ty, but at ep9, within the first free roam when you are looking for your sword, I can not text neither lucy nor maya. Whichever I click the text, crashed the game and gives me the ignore/rollback renpy screen. I don't want to play an entire 8 chapters from a fresh file, do you have any ways to fix this one? Thanks in advance.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Sorry for the post, but probably I mixed up other mods, sorry again, to get all the content the game has to offer. I probably fucked up my save with using some "harem" ways, and started the ep9. No problems during interlude, good mod ty, but at ep9, within the first free roam when you are looking for your sword, I can not text neither lucy nor maya. Whichever I click the text, crashed the game and gives me the ignore/rollback renpy screen. I don't want to play an entire 8 chapters from a fresh file, do you have any ways to fix this one? Thanks in advance.
Apologies, I'll have to look later but... who the heck is Lucy? I'm confused...

Ekomano

Aug 30, 2018
:skull: forgot the other girls name, the one from your hometown where you need to choose from her and maya. No need to apoligize sir, its mostly on me for forcing multiple paths. I'm just asking is there a fix I can use for now except from another fresh playthrough.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:skull: forgot the other girls name, the one from your hometown where you need to choose from her and maya. No need to apoligize sir, its mostly on me for forcing multiple paths. I'm just asking is there a fix I can use for now except from another fresh playthrough.
Fair enough.... so, first free roam, sword, can't text. I don't know exactly where you're at but I'm about to fire up the project and see if I can find your needle in this haystack....

Right after this (the scene right before the first free roam start):
1680048346338.png

Can you click on any of the contacts or just not on a few specific ones? Also, what pathing are you on? I'm guessing the Maya/Josy path and if so, can you click on any of the other contacts or just not on the two circled below?
1680048564360.png

Last edited:

PandaXGames

Feb 17, 2020
mines not running. how can i fix this ?
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpyc.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, i wanted to ask can i use this mod in android because when i try to download game version 0.8.2 ( seas1,2) for Android it shows the link with direct scrappy mod and its good but i like ur mods which gives a lot of information about my choices and some super awesome custom choices so, can anyone plz help me or tell me how i can install ur mod in in my android 0.8.2 game
As stated previously in the thread, it's not currently mobile compatible bud.

mines not running. how can i fix this ?
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 091.rpyc.
That's not enough info, don't copy/paste but physically attached the "traceback.txt" file in a post so I can review your issue.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I made a fresh install. Deleted all previous saves and persistent data. No other mods used. Only issue is sometimes when loading any save, even on new playthroughs, I get this error for some reason:
You say from "loading any save" or even on new playthroughs. If in a new playthrough that should be impossible since it's a dev variable and is declared properly in his scripts:
default pathIsabella = False

Now, if it's only loading from a previous save, were those saves made while playing unmodded or with another mod? The reason I ask is that literally tens of thousands of folks have used this mod and never reported this var error before, so there's something specific regarding your saves or you install and I need to narrow that down to assist. The exception is from a fellow that made a post here but never responded directly but it appears he had some borked saves from using some previously unknown product.

Reactions: Maxiom

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Complete virgin install with only your mod used. I do however enable the console and sometimes manually change the variables.

That error persists only when loading a save after I've already loaded another save first. If I load that same save directly from the title screen, no issue at all. Strange.

Only reason I can fathom is that I possibly changed a variable that caused an issue.
The question remain... a fresh start won't produce that error so it's something in the save file. I've never ever experienced that var issue and I have literally hundreds of personal saves for this VN tbh. You see, it's not just a matter of a fresh install but also where that old previous save has been.

Reactions: Maxiom
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes