Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

canonss

Sep 10, 2019
Thank you Sancho for your great mod !!! Really well done.
I wish one day we could have a mod to alloy to see all the scenes in one playthrough ! I think it's possible to do it with your mod but I would probably have to change the affinity and status a lot of time.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I deleted the 0.8.3 folder. Unzipped the game again and re-added your mod. The error disappeared. Saves intact.

I wonder if the log.txt file in the 0.83 folder was the issue, and when deleted and regenerated, solved the issue.

Also about the dance light effects not disappearing. In Episode 9 with the mod, during the second free roam, after talking to Rusty or Camila in Tommy's room, the effect doesn't disappear and is active in scenes that it shouldn't.

During the third free roam. Every time Tommy's room is entered, the effect doesn't disappear appropriately as well. A quick way to fix this with the mod, is to enter the room with the curtain, that triggers the effect to disappear.

I reloaded the save with the mod removed and SanchoModRemoved-SaveFileFix-BaDIK.rpyc The effect now disappears appropriately. Perhaps the mod isn't always triggering the effect to switch off?

Thanks for your responses and the terrific mod.
1) The log.txt file is output only. It is not processed in anyway by anything. It's simply an information file created/updated on each RenPy start. So, that had nothing to do with your issue I assure you.

2) I've heard of the "dance" light issue on the VN's thread before. This has never been reported by anyone who used SanchoMod or the VN unmodded from the very start of playthrough (new game)... so it must be from using or previously using some other product or edit to the best of my knowledge. I'll look at that scenario again though to be thorough.

Otherwise, glad your sorted and enjoying the product. Regards.

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
1) The log.txt file is output only. It is not processed in anyway by anything. It's simply an information file created/updated on each RenPy start. So, that had nothing to do with your issue I assure you.

2) I've heard of the "dance" light issue on the VN's thread before. This has never been reported by anyone who used SanchoMod or the VN unmodded from the very start of playthrough (new game)... so it must be from using or previously using some other product or edit to the best of my knowledge. I'll look at that scenario again though to be thorough.

Otherwise, glad your sorted and enjoying the product. Regards.
Sancho1969
I can't start a new game neither can load with or without sanchomod used.
I even installed the savefixremover nothing works.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
I can't start a new game neither can load with or without sanchomod used.
I even installed the savefixremover nothing works.
You have a completely different issue than the individual I was replying to in that post. What platform are you installing on? Attach (don't copy/paste but actually attach) your traceback.txt and log.txt file so I can see what's going on.

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
You have a completely different issue than the individual I was replying to in that post. What platform are you installing on? Attach (don't copy/paste but actually attach) your traceback.txt and log.txt file so I can see what's going on.
First and foremost thank you for the reply!
I am currently on windows
Here is the traceback:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 30, in <module>
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 083.rpy", line 2054, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 083.rpy", line 2061, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod BaDIK 083.rpy", line 2061, in <module>
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'padding'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 30, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Wed Apr 5 11:58:57 2023

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
First and foremost thank you for the reply!
I am currently on windows
Here is the traceback:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 30, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Wed Apr 5 11:58:57 2023
Well, first of all I asked you to attach the file, not copy/paste. Second, the "padding" reference is to the mod's hover guide which has been around for over a year and no one has ever had any issue with that particular code. This leads me to believe that your complete VN/mod installation is wonky beyond anything in the mod's code base.

Recommendation:

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP.
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please.

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
Well, first of all I asked you to attach the file, not copy/paste. Second, the "padding" reference is to the mod's hover guide which has been around for over a year and no one has ever had any issue with that particular code. This leads me to believe that your complete VN/mod installation is wonky beyond anything in the mod's code base.

Recommendation:

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP.
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time. Try that and report back please.
I did follow the open thread's intructions but failed to solve it.
Should all the files go in the support files?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did follow the open thread's intructions but failed to solve it.
Should all the files go in the support files?
No.
  1. Install the VN
  2. Copy all the contents inside the mod's zip inside the VN's "/game" folder.
That's it. Just like that.

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
No.
  1. Install the VN
  2. Copy all the contents inside the mod's zip inside the VN's "/game" folder.
That's it. Just like that.
I already uninstalled the vn and and reinstallled and then extracted all the files in the game folder.
I don't know what to do next.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I already uninstalled the vn and and reinstallled and then extracted all the files in the game folder.
I don't know what to do next.
It's two steps, there's no next. What you've likely done is not "extracted all the files" correctly. To insure you do it properly, extract the contents (all of them) inside a temp directory/folder, then copy/paste them inside the VN's "/game" folder. If you use your software's "extract contents" then that's wrong, if using the right-mouse context menu you'd use "extract here". So, use the temp directly method mentioned to eliminate confusion on how to operate the zip extraction software you are using correctly.

• Red Heart
Reactions: reeroll

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
It's two steps, there's no next. What you've likely done is not "extracted all the files" correctly. To insure you do it properly, extract the contents (all of them) inside a temp directory/folder, then copy/paste them inside the VN's "/game" folder. If you use your software's "extract contents" then that's wrong, if using the right-mouse context menu you'd use "extract here". So, use the temp directly method mentioned to eliminate confusion on how to operate the zip extraction software you are using correctly.
Thanks!!
Have a good week!

Reactions: Sancho1969

MadMooseMan

Sep 3, 2019
Is there a way to turn off having to type a save description? I used to just right click, then left click, then right click again when saving but now it's making me type something and that takes way longer.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there a way to turn off having to type a save description? I used to just right click, then left click, then right click again when saving but now it's making me type something and that takes way longer.
Inside SanchoOptions: SaveDescription, toggle On/Off as desired. The setting is saved on a per-save file basis and will default to On each new playthough, so change accordingly if starting a new playthrough. Otherwise just press <Enter/Return> and the save will be made without a description. Either way, whichever you prefer.

1681070160652.png
1681070216567.png

Last edited:

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
How do I unlock rewards using this mod? I just started interlude. I see where i can view a special Sanchomod scene gallery, but I don't see anything for unlocking rewards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How do I unlock rewards using this mod? I just started interlude. I see where i can view a special Sanchomod scene gallery, but I don't see anything for unlocking rewards.
Unlock the VN's originals via gameplay as noted in the ChoiceGuide's info. The mod's gallery is designed on purpose to allow you to see any scene but keep the VN's "rewards" as "cheevos" (aka achievements) so that you get the best of both worlds. That's always been the thesis behind why I go the extra mile to code mods for VNs the way I do.

Let me know if I'm off track on answering your question and I'll elaborate further. Regards.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
How can I enable/disable naming each save? By so many routes and so many saves that must be done i don't want to have to press enter each time i make a save on a certain path just because i could (but I don't) name it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How can I enable/disable naming each save? By so many routes and so many saves that must be done i don't want to have to press enter each time i make a save on a certain path just because i could (but I don't) name it.
In SanchoOptions: SaveDescription

Reactions: mizilic

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Is there a guide or some cheat to find those fuckin' buttons of the pack request? DO we really have to find then all? The descriptions in the WT don't help much because you must follow a certain route to find the rooms where they are supposed to be (because those rooms are not named in the WT) and if you are on another path than the one followed in the WT you cant find those rooms. Your cheat tells me that there is one in a certain room but .. no way to guess where exactly..

This whole update is terrible! Having to do one free roam after another and this for each of the saves from previous version and all you get is maybe a few kisses.. this is worse than having to pass an exam in math back in school. BaDik was for me till now the best game of all on this site.. not anymore after his update! This is hard work, not fun! You must read every single sentence in the WT and try to do as advised in order to finish a free roam .. and then another free roam starts and again and again... and this for each of the saves you made. Not really my understanding of what an ADULT GAME should be. TERRIBLE UPDATE!

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there a guide or some cheat to find those fuckin' buttons of the pack request? DO we really have to find then all? The descriptions in the WT don't help much because you must follow a certain route to find the rooms where they are supposed to be (because those rooms are not named in the WT) and if you are on another path than the one followed in the WT you cant find those rooms. Your cheat tells me that there is one in a certain room but .. no way to guess where exactly..

This whole update is terrible! Having to do one free roam after another and this for each of the saves from previous version and all you get is maybe a few kisses.. this is worse than having to pass an exam in math back in school. BaDik was for me till now the best game of all on this site.. not anymore after his update! This is hard work, not fun! You must read every single sentence in the WT and try to do as advised in order to finish a free roam .. and then another free roam starts and again and again... and this for each of the saves you made. Not really my understanding of what an ADULT GAME should be. TERRIBLE UPDATE!
Well bud, I just mod 'em.. I don't write 'em. I'm not the developer. You think it's rough playing? Writing code for it is pretty damn rough too. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Vis117
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes