Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Well bud, I just mod 'em.. I don't write 'em. I'm not the developer. You think it's rough playing? Writing code for it is pretty damn rough too. :ROFLMAO:
Yes I know and thanks for helping the players with your code. Problem is that i can not understand why this dev keeps getting into such self provoked situations where the people who play his games have no choice but hate him. He either forces you to chose which of the 2 LIs must die and which must live or, like here, he makes a whole update which you must play as if you're reading an old sanscrit text and must interpret it. And this several times for several versions of that text..Wouldn't be easier even for him to write that code in such a way that the players have fun while playing and not like this? After all this is an ADULT GAME not a detective story...

But this has nothing to do with you or your mod..

For those who feel like me about these buttons, click here for help.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes I know and thanks for helping the players with your code. Problem is that i can not understand why this dev keeps getting into such self provoked situations where the people who play his games have no choice but hate him. He either forces you to chose which of the 2 LIs must die and which must live or, like here, he makes a whole update which you must play as if you're reading an old sanscrit text and must interpret it. And this several times for several versions of that text..Wouldn't be easier even for him to write that code in such a way that the players have fun while playing and not like this? After all this is an ADULT GAME not a detective story...

But this has nothing to do with you or your mod..

For those who feel like me about these buttons, click here for help.
Well, to be fair, the hidden items (magazines, hotspots, etc) are voluntary and not required to progress. Could I highlight them in the mod? Sure, but I drew the line at letting you know something was on the screen and letting the Player figure out where it's at as to not take the game out of the game in the developer's intent. If I had done otherwise the folks that don't want me to hold their hand through the whole process would have the opposite complaint as you do. So, I chose "assistance" rather than "here's everything, just push the button" method.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Well, to be fair, the hidden items (magazines, hotspots, etc) are voluntary and not required to progress. Could I highlight them in the mod? Sure, but I drew the line at letting you know something was on the screen and letting the Player figure out where it's at as to not take the game out of the game in the developer's intent. If I had done otherwise the folks that don't want me to hold their hand through the whole process would have the opposite complaint as you do. So, I chose "assistance" rather than "here's everything, just push the button" method.
Well.. you could have made also that option .. "optional" as you did with many others.

Speaking of which, I don't know if you know but the renaming of the MC on the Maya and Josy route works good the whole time except in the nice sex sene at the end where they both call him Sancho the whole time although I changed the name to Mike from the beginning on (as you can see on the right side) and also tried to change it again during the scene. It remains Sancho no matter what i do:
24d1d41247e8819aaa4f1319722aa32f.jpg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well.. you could have made also that option .. "optional" as you did with many others.

Speaking of which, I don't know if you know but the renaming of the MC on the Maya and Josy route works good the whole time except in the nice sex sene at the end where they both call him Sancho the whole time although I changed the name to Mike from the beginning on (as you can see on the right side) and also tried to change it again during the scene. It remains Sancho no matter what i do:
View attachment 2544083
Those are "Pet Names"... change them in the MC's phone bud. See post here for pics of where to locate on the phone.

Reactions: mizilic

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Those are "Pet Names"... change them in the MC's phone bud. See post here for pics of where to locate on the phone.
Thanks, I will do that.
But i have another problem and i must ask you if there is anything in your mod to fix it. I did not understand (and I don't want to have to understand such a thing in a sex game) what settings are needed at the beginning in order to get more points at the end. Since i didn't understand what i must do i did nothing. And so, after finishing the Maya and Josy route i got this:
5686042497716cf6730a31cf24f1dd8d.png
Now, i don't know if these stats have any importance for the future development of this game but even if i knew i could not get these stats better because i don't understand how (and why).

Sorry , I only have a degree in Arts, not in mathematix. These are different kinds of minds.. When it comes to counting and such i see red (and no, not the "Woman in Red" that those guys see in "The Matrix" when they look at those japanese signs on those screens, I see just RED). I play such games in order to relax and to have fun not to torment my mind with such (for me) very unpleasant things.

So, in case these values are in any way important for the game, is there anything (or will it be) in your cheat mode to set these values at maximum without having to "do the math"? Because i start now another route and i must deal again with this "mystery"..

I can imagine that there are players who enjoy this part of the game, those with the "math kind" of mind but for the rest of us is there any help possible?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks, I will do that.
But i have another problem and i must ask you if there is anything in your mod to fix it. I did not understand (and I don't want to have to understand such a thing in a sex game) what settings are needed at the beginning in order to get more points at the end. Since i didn't understand what i must do i did nothing. And so, after finishing the Maya and Josy route i got this:
View attachment 2544216
Now, i don't know if these stats have any importance for the future development of this game but even if i knew i could not get these stats better because i don't understand how (and why).

Sorry , I only have a degree in Arts, not in mathematix. These are different kinds of minds.. When it comes to counting and such i see red (and no, not the "Woman in Red" that those guys see in "The Matrix" when they look at those japanese signs on those screens, I see just RED). I play such games in order to relax and to have fun not to torment my mind with such (for me) very unpleasant things.

So, in case these values are in any way important for the game, is there anything (or will it be) in your cheat mode to set these values at maximum without having to "do the math"? Because i start now another route and i must deal again with this "mystery"..

I can imagine that there are players who enjoy this part of the game, those with the "math kind" of mind but for the rest of us is there any help possible?
Just like the "Mansion" mini-game cheat I have, it'll take more time to know WTF the results determine in the "Party" mini-game. See post here for example. I can't create a cheat for something I have no ideas what the outcome yet is... I just can't see the future regardless of the amount of alcohol I consume.

• Haha
Reactions: Gefom

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Just like the "Mansion" mini-game cheat I have, it'll take more time to know WTF the results determine in the "Party" mini-game. See post here for example. I can't create a cheat for something I have no ideas what the outcome yet is... I just can't see the future regardless of the amount of alcohol I consume.
If not even your mathematical mind can see a logic in this how could i guess? I will just leave it as is, will keep making zero points and will hope that for the case that in the next updates the points made here will have a meaning, maybe at that time you will have managed to make a cheat for it.. Thanks in advance.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Sancho, is there a way to know by now what kind of influence these "Trem Cheat" points have on the further development of a certain route? Is it good to collect many such points or as few as possible?

EDIT:
And if their influence will be important , will you make a cheat to set it or reset it in the future?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho, is there a way to know by now what kind of influence these "Trem Cheat" points have on the further development of a certain route? Is it good to collect many such points or as few as possible?

EDIT:
And if their influence will be important , will you make a cheat to set it or reset it in the future?
The "TC" points have not been used by the dev in a single conditional... yet. Just like any other variable, if there's no sensible way for me to allow the player to revert (besides updating the ChoiceGuide), they are always candidates for SanchoCheats. That's really what my deep-dive cheats are for... I code them to personally test reverts and leave them there for y'all to use if you might find them beneficial at some point. So, that's a long way of answering: we'll see what (if anything) that variable will be used for and make any adjustments necessary... just like any other of the thousands of variables in the VN.

I've got your back, because I have my own... you get exactly what I want/need in a mod, period. Regards.

Reactions: mizilic

stevejerks

Aug 7, 2018
Sancho1969 I'm getting this error when clicking text for Jill just after I enter free-roam during the Halloween party? Any fix?

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_diks1.rpy", line 555, in <module>
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 2, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 52, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 65, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 69, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 80, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 95, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 108, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 109, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 110, in execute
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/chat_app.rpy", line 111, in execute
NameError: Name 'mod_gr' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_diks1.rpyc", line 555, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_diks1.rpy", line 555, in <module>
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1574, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Mon Apr 17 01:37:55 2023
```

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 I'm getting this error when clicking text for Jill just after I enter free-roam during the Halloween party? Any fix?

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/freeroam/episode9/ep9_freeroam_diks1.rpyc", line 555, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1574, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Mon Apr 17 01:37:55 2023
```
In the future please attach the file, don't copy/paste it's contents to prevent wall-of-texts. Otherwise, as noted several times in this thread here, here, and here:

As it states in the OP, don't mix mods. There's no variable named "mod_gr" in either the unmodded VN nor in SanchoMod. So, you either are doing some other shenanigans or your save file is borked from previously using some other mod/hack. You tell me which and we can go from there.
1681735102034.png

Reactions: stevejerks

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Now that episode 9 is out, which I somehow missed, does the cheat from the previous season to choose all girls carry over with the save file from season 2, or will it force a single girl's path?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Now that episode 9 is out, which I somehow missed, does the cheat from the previous season to choose all girls carry over with the save file from season 2, or will it force a single girl's path?
I've never had a "harem" option. That's the foundation of pending headaches if that is what you have. Search the threads a bit so you know what you're up against. To date, no use of SanchoCheats in any previous version has been detrimental to current playthroughs with loaded old saves from either unmodded or SanchoMod use exclusively. I've made quite a few fixes inside this mod if you used the other mod before to resolve most issues but I believe there's a looping bug if you used the other mod before (again, search it a bit, you'll see). If you wish to continue using the other mod then by all means you do you, I have no idea if bugs have been resolved with it or not tbh, that's an entirely separate product.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I've never had a "harem" option. That's the foundation of pending headaches if that is what you have. Search the threads a bit so you know what you're up against. To date, no use of SanchoCheats in any previous version has been detrimental to current playthroughs with loaded old saves from either unmodded or SanchoMod use exclusively. I've made quite a few fixes inside this mod if you used the other mod before to resolve most issues but I believe there's a looping bug if you used the other mod before (again, search it a bit, you'll see). If you wish to continue using the other mod then by all means you do you, I have no idea if bugs have been resolved with it or not tbh, that's an entirely separate product.
My bad, Scrappy's mod was removed from the OP of the thread, so I assumed I had your mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My bad, Scrappy's mod was removed from the OP of the thread, so I assumed I had your mod.
No worries. If you wish to continue using it a quick search will get you there I reckon bud. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll locate that thread for ya.

SladeFPS

Apr 29, 2023
Sancho, would you mind showing how the files should look in the folder? I've tried extracting the mod files to the "game" folder within "BAD", but the game doesn't even load up after extraction.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho, would you mind showing how the files should look in the folder? I've tried extracting the mod files to the "game" folder within "BAD", but the game doesn't even load up after extraction.
Good morning. Let's use S3 as an example (all RenPy is the same, doesn't matter the version):

1682764724599.png 1682764127709.png

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time.

Now, it's possible you are using your extraction software wrong as most have a right-click context menu with both "Extract files" and "Extract here". Most folks copy the zip file inside the "/game" folder and use "Extract here". Using the other fucks up your structure in most cases. The safest way to do it until you learn your extraction program's behavior is to make a temporary folder/directory on your system somewhere, on the Desktop for example. Copy the zip there, extract its contents, then copy/paste all of the contents inside the VN's "/game" folder. The result is the exact same.

Once you've done it correctly you'll be embarrassed on how simple the "installation" is tbh. Don't overthink it, it's always "place all of the contents of the zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN". Always, for every RenPy game ever. Regards.

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
Ahh... yes, the planning. The planning. The.. math. Yeah, no update yet. The randomized DIKS in the mid-screen are not playing nice with the variables I have to consider. I'll obviously need the dev to give us another one to use as a basis for control. Just like the Mansion cheat, there's no way to know all the math until at least two of the games are involved. We don't even know which bonuses are the most efficient yet. Bottom line: no update yet but I have a ton of notes behind the scenes and some base code to start with as it's sorted. Like the Mansion cheat this one won't be an easy "one-click" coding job as you can imagine, surely. Regards.
Really appreciate your work! This game is unplayable for me these days without your mod. I just want to chill and enjoy the story! The mansion repair was annoying but doable with a little effort, but this damn party planning is just waaaaaaay too complicated to bother with. Why did they think this was a good idea? Do they want people to play their game?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Really appreciate your work! This game is unplayable for me these days without your mod. I just want to chill and enjoy the story! The mansion repair was annoying but doable with a little effort, but this damn party planning is just waaaaaaay too complicated to bother with. Why did they think this was a good idea? Do they want people to play their game?
I used fakitap's math to make the Mansion minigame tolerable... but will still need the next update to figure out what goals are for the Party minigame. We'll all figure it out at some point and I'll code a helping hand in again. I reckon gameplay is very subjective amongst folks so I do my best to toe the fine line between "help" and blatant "I'll do it for you" methods. It's always a tough call on my end. I reckon the best balance I had was similar to Bella's plant watering minigame where the player could turn the feature On/Off as desired to get their preferred amount of assistance.

Appreciate the kind words... especially since they've yet again pulled SanchoMod off the VN's OP and replaced it with another mod. The site's politics are almost intolerable for me at this point. It's so blatant that it's just grotesque. But that's a story for another day.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes