Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 While using the SanchoGallery I found out that in many cases customizing the MC name does not update the texts, that keeps showing MC as a keyword for the player name.
Is it something you have control over?
Hmmm... yep, that's on me and yes I have control but didn't implement it. I can resolve but give me some time (too many ongoing projects simultaneously at the moment). It's as good excuse as any to bump this to Core v7b anyway.

I've resolved the issue across the board but need more time to finish porting the latest mod Core over. This is a beast of a project so there's literally thousands of lines of code to check while porting so please be patient. That said, here's proof I've got your back:

Reactions: Ghibi

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod S3 Maintenance Update (non-critical)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Updated mod Core to v7b including it's latest feature sets.
  • Resolved issue - SanchoGallery was not referencing the custom replay name in all scenes. Thanks to Ghibi for reporting.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
hey Sancho matey, with the money cheat added, does that mean that in the near future you'll also be adding the mansion money cheat?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey Sancho matey, with the money cheat added, does that mean that in the near future you'll also be adding the mansion money cheat?
I put so much time in the Mansion FR guide as there is... that isn't badass enough that you want just a slider instead? The guide even auto-populates the work assignments for you... hell I thought I'd done good :p

Reactions: Riggnarock

Ghibi

Dec 31, 2019
Hmmm... yep, that's on me and yes I have control but didn't implement it. I can resolve but give me some time (too many ongoing projects simultaneously at the moment). It's as good excuse as any to bump this to Core v7b anyway.

I've resolved the issue across the board but need more time to finish porting the latest mod Core over. This is a beast of a project so there's literally thousands of lines of code to check while porting so please be patient. That said, here's proof I've got your back:
No problem, you are already doing good, don't overwork yourself (y)

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
I put so much time in the Mansion FR guide as there is... that isn't badass enough that you want just a slider instead? The guide even auto-populates the work assignments for you... hell I thought I'd done good :p
Oh im not downsizing ur work at all.
Your work is definately amazing, but you said almost the same for the money cheat, that ya werent gonna implent it, becouse of all da amazing work ya did, but since you changed that, i was just wondering if the same is gonna happen for the mansion money in da future.

and just as Ghibi here just said, youre doing an amazing job, but dont overwork urself :D
Greetings Riggnarock.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh im not downsizing ur work at all.
Your work is definately amazing, but you said almost the same for the money cheat, that ya werent gonna implent it, becouse of all da amazing work ya did, but since you changed that, i was just wondering if the same is gonna happen for the mansion money in da future.

and just as Ghibi here just said, youre doing an amazing job, but dont overwork urself :D
Greetings Riggnarock.
Replying to remind my self the next time I have that project open to eyeball it. You were very polite in your request so it's the least I can do to consider it when I work on it next. Regards.

Reactions: Riggnarock

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Replying to remind my self the next time I have that project open to eyeball it. You were very polite in your request so it's the least I can do to consider it when I work on it next. Regards.
that's allright Sancho matey, keep up da good work, also, could ya take a look at WVM & The Roommate, I think they'd deserve your Walkthrough addon as well :D

Greetings Riggnarock.

darksoul17473

Jan 22, 2022
i would like to delete everything saved so that i cant skip, i deleted the saves but it still skips all cause i alredy played it so... does anyone knows how to delete it all so that i can start over again?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
i would like to delete everything saved so that i cant skip, i deleted the saves but it still skips all cause i alredy played it so... does anyone knows how to delete it all so that i can start over again?
I don't know the proper path, but on Windows, if you make hidden folders visible and go to C/Windows/users/[YOU]/ there should be a renpy folder in there and somewhere buried in that will be a "duplicate" of the game saves folder, with all your saves and a duplicate persistent file (I think these might actually be the ones the games look for first, THEN look in the save file in it's game folder)

Anyway, I know MAC OS has these too, in a similar "users" folder somewhere, and you have to delete all these files and the files in the current game folder's save folder too.

Reactions: darksoul17473

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know the proper path, but on Windows, if you make hidden folders visible and go to C/Windows/users/[YOU]/ there should be a renpy folder in there and somewhere buried in that will be a "duplicate" of the game saves folder, with all your saves and a duplicate persistent file (I think these might actually be the ones the games look for first, THEN look in the save file in it's game folder)

Anyway, I know MAC OS has these too, in a similar "users" folder somewhere, and you have to delete all these files and the files in the current game folder's save folder too.
I'm not sure exactly what is meant by "so that i cant skip" (just turn off the feature in preferences) but if you wish to delete all your saves, Elhemeer is correct with Windoze that you must do this in two places:
  • Inside "saves" found inside the VN's installation folder, then subfolder "/games".
  • Inside the appdata folder found under: "C:/Users/(system's user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy" , inside that folder look for the appropriate BaDIK folder for the season you wish to delete/backup/etc. They'll look like this: 1692061547216.png .
If you're looking to start clean-slate then delete not only your save files but the persistent file as well (in both locations). BUT... before you do make a zip backup of the save folder just in case you change your mind later otherwise there's no going back.

Make sense?

darksoul17473

Jan 22, 2022
No estoy seguro de qué significa exactamente "para que no pueda omitir" (simplemente desactive la función en las preferencias), pero si desea eliminar todos sus archivos guardados, Elhemeer tiene razón con Windoze en que debe hacerlo en dos lugares:
  • Dentro de "guardar" que se encuentra dentro de la carpeta de instalación de VN, luego en la subcarpeta "/ juegos".
  • Dentro de la carpeta appdata que se encuentra en: "C:/Users/(nombre de usuario del sistema)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy", dentro de esa carpeta busque la carpeta BaDIK adecuada para la temporada que desea eliminar/respaldar/etc. Se verán así: View attachment 2851943 .
Si está buscando comenzar desde cero, elimine no solo sus archivos guardados sino también el archivo persistente (en ambas ubicaciones). PERO... antes de hacer una copia de seguridad zip de la carpeta de guardado en caso de que cambie de opinión más tarde, de lo contrario no hay vuelta atrás.

¿Tener sentido?
[/CITA]
It means exactly that, the skip button can skip everything that you have read before, but if you want to play again with different paths you obviously wont read everything each time, you will skip what you have alredy read, but since ive alredy played DIK and CHICK path thats unlocked so i skip information than shouldnt be skipped. English is not my 1st language and im not that good at explaining anything so, i hope you understand this time, if not... sry, and thanks for your help, it worked perfectly!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It means exactly that, the skip button can skip everything that you have read before, but if you want to play again with different paths you obviously wont read everything each time, you will skip what you have alredy read, but since ive alredy played DIK and CHICK path thats unlocked so i skip information than shouldnt be skipped. English is not my 1st language and im not that good at explaining anything so, i hope you understand this time, if not... sry, and thanks for your help, it worked perfectly!
Well, like I mentioned if you don't want to be able to skip then you don't need to delete your saves. Simply change the options inside the VN's "Preferences/Dialogue":
1692098786177.png

That's why it's there (in all RenPy games) and much less difficult to pull off. Now, if you ONLY want to reset the known skip data then you only have to delete your persistent file... you don't have to delete your saves (unless you just want to). The persistent file holds all the data of what dialogue you've have and haven't seen during any one playthrough.

Hope that helps a bit in the future as well. Regards.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hi Sancho, I have a problem with the mod, from Cathy's scene at Bella's, I no longer have the affinity points displayed when making choices, although the mod is activated, I can go to options, etc, but no way to find out how to have the affinity points visible again, same for the scene where we help Bella in the kitchen, nothing is displayed when choosing ingredients, it looks like the mod is no longer active. ... whereas I can see the affinity points on the Rooster app and the mod works again in episode 6....

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I no longer have the affinity points displayed when making choices
Do you mean the scale at the top during affinity choices? If so, that bar only appears during affinity choices... pancake ingredients isn't an affinity choice.

This is NOT an affinity choice:
1693610233011.png

This IS an affinity choice:
1693610258907.png

Affinity choices are coded by the dev, the mod does not manipulate them. I show your affinity in the MiniStat and you can alter it in SanchoCheats but the screen itself I don't fuck with.

If you mean something else then please elaborate.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
What I meant was that, for example, during the yoga scene, affinities such as Bella +1/Bella -1 no longer appeared in purple during the dialogue choices, but on the Rooster app, they did.

And I thought there was some help for cooking, like selecting the right ingredient, which is why I started to think the mod was buggy. But anyway it came back with episode 6 so it was probably just a script bug.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And I thought there was some help for cooking, like selecting the right ingredient, which is why I started to think the mod was buggy.
There is... and it's dynamic too:
1693652616403.png

See those choices with "Pancake +1"? Each one you select the very bottom choice "Done" updates it's info to tell you how many "Pancake" points you have, and when you have enough the "Isabella +0" changes to "Isabella +1". So, it's not only a guide but it changes according to your choices in real time. That's badass in my book. I'm actually confused by your responses as all the info you seek is there, plus it does it in a way that knows all your previous choices so the guide will change accordingly. No other mod on the planet does this (that I'm aware of).

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
For me, there were no clues displayed when choosing ingredients, and it started to bug just after the party at the BCBG, the DIK+/DIK- were no longer displayed, nor were the affinity points, nor the tips, as I said, only on the phone app, it worked on Rooster and Swiper, the auto-smash also worked on the Brawler.

Everything was resolved when the game moved on to episode 6. It's very strange, I didn't understand it myself. I don't know if there was a compatibility problem with the translation file I have or if there was a conflict with the Scrappy mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if there was a compatibility problem with the translation file I have or if there was a conflict with the Scrappy mod.
Wow, you should have mentioned that first. You're kidding me, right? Bud, don't mix mods. See the OP:
1693664004654.png

SanchoMod is not compatible with any other BaDIK mod. There's no way it can be with the sheer amount of script files altered. Pick one or the other, doesn't matter to me which you prefer but stick with one.

• Sad
Reactions: Envy*
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes