Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Hello
I have play one time season 1and 2 without any mode.
Now I install your mod and want to try.
So I'm on begging and I noticed some time I can't select one of options as it's grayed out and button is not able to press.... How can I get this back active..... I try to read all instructions but I can't identify what to do.
Thank you for mod.
You need chick points for that choice.

onomatopeja1234

Sep 6, 2023
You need chick points for that choice.
I was thinking it's some how locked... Simply didn't remember when I play unmoded game that it was that same.... I figured now when you said it what I need to do in cheating mode to chage status to see what is hiding behind that button.... Thank you for fast response. Your mode is best

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I was thinking it's some how locked... Simply didn't remember when I play unmoded game that it was that same.... I figured now when you said it what I need to do in cheating mode to chage status to see what is hiding behind that button.... Thank you for fast response. Your mode is best
I'm just a player like you. Sancho1969 is the modder and yes, his are the best.

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Sancho1969 Just a heads up. I noticed when using SanchoSplit in episode 7 (Maya/Josy/Quinn), when not on Maya & Josy's path, it forgets to input the bio info for Quinn. Very minor, just thought you might like to know.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Just a heads up. I noticed when using SanchoSplit in episode 7 (Maya/Josy/Quinn), when not on Maya & Josy's path, it forgets to input the bio info for Quinn. Very minor, just thought you might like to know.
Must be a VN bug then... I don't alter anything to do with Bios but I'll take a look later and see what's going on regardless.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I see it now. The Bio updated code is occurring after the SanchoSplit jump from Quinn to Josie.

Reactions: Maxiom

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Sorry if this is already in the mod, I didn't see it in the feature list. But, could you add a toggle to make all navigation arrows visible?

And maybe... if you want... also some opacity and size customization?

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
Okay, I see it now. The Bio updated code is occurring after the SanchoSplit jump from Quinn to Josie.
Becky's bio info for the shots contest also isn't recorded during the SanchoSplit in ep9. As always, thanks for the great mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry if this is already in the mod, I didn't see it in the feature list. But, could you add a toggle to make all navigation arrows visible?

And maybe... if you want... also some opacity and size customization?
Please elaborate what you're referencing since the mod allows opacity and size options for almost everything individually. You've seen SanchoOptions, right?
1701521897060.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think chapter 10 should be send to Sancho before released date so we don't have to wait for his amazing mod
View attachment 3136249
:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Pigs will fly before that ever happens.

Regardless of how many dev teams I work with and how many VN's I bug test and fix, PinkCake has a severe disdain for "modders" due to all the shenanigans of another mod that kept fucking up everyone's save files, breaking future game code (looping errors, incorrect label jumps, etc), and other issues. There's a very small amount of devs that I don't work directly with... and this is one of them. It is what it is.

BTW, there's other VN's that'll drop updates on the same day... and those other VN devs I do work with and the mods will either already be done or very close to completion. The updates will also be bug-free for even those who don't play modded since not only have those devs worked dilgently to resolve issues before release but I've also reported all the issues I've found and those changes implemented BEFORE the VN updates release. This ultimately makes for a better experience for ALL end users. Devs usually appreciate the collaboration since it draws in more supporters and keeps those existing supporters happy since they don't have to deal with broken shit.

But I digress. Updating BaDIK will be hard work and I really wish I was looking forward to it more than I am... I'm having nightmares trying to calculate that new Party Planning minigame. Making a guide for it is much more difficult than the previous Mansion minigame and that was a real bitch to code.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Please elaborate what you're referencing since the mod allows opacity and size options for almost everything individually. You've seen SanchoOptions, right?
View attachment 3136163
for the free roam navigation arrows, crappy mod has an option to make them visible all the time, which a lot of people like. But if that's the case, an opacity option would lessen the eyesore(?)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
for the free roam navigation arrows, crappy mod has an option to make them visible all the time, which a lot of people like. But if that's the case, an opacity option would lessen the eyesore(?)
I think I get your requested point... but: Let's forget about size/opacity for a minute... help me understand why only arrows "always visible" (instead of on mouse hover) is different than any other hover object?

For example, in the below there's a down arrow hover image (for going back downstairs), a left door hover image, a girl chat hover image, and a right door hover image. If one wanted the "arrow" images visible all the time, why not just make all the hovered images visible all the time (the other images have a white outline when hovered to note they are selectable)? The arrow images are no more important than a door image in these cases.
1701554757311.png
I'm not implying your request has no basis, I'm just trying to understand what makes the arrows any more important in a free roam than any other selectable image on the Player's screen as they navigate.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
I think I get your requested point... but: Let's forget about size/opacity for a minute... help me understand why only arrows "always visible" (instead of on mouse hover) is different than any other hover object?

For example, in the below there's a down arrow hover image (for going back downstairs), a left door hover image, a girl chat hover image, and a right door hover image. If one wanted the "arrow" images visible all the time, why not just make all the hovered images visible all the time (the other images have a white outline when hovered to note they are selectable)? The arrow images are no more important than a door image in these cases.
View attachment 3137108
I'm not implying your request has no basis, I'm just trying to understand what makes the arrows any more important in a free roam than any other selectable image on the Player's screen as they navigate.
1.- Well to be fair i wasn't necesarily implying that arrows are more important, but some people feel like making all interactables highlighted is kind of a cheat or that it takes away from the exploration.

2.- Speaking of exploration your choice of example is not that good, why? well, things inmediately visible in the room like doors are obvious navigation choices. But at least for me the most annoying part of the game, is how some ares have navigation options in places where you would not expect there to be one.
-Rooms where you can go deeper into the room by clicking on an arrow somewhere to the center-side-ish. Like in the dik's house cinema where to go behind the couch you have to click to the side-up.
-Rooms where you have to click somewhere in the middle-side-ish to reach a different camera angle like the library's counter.
-Rooms where in order to get close to some furniture instead of clicking on said furniture you click on an arrow under it or to the side of it, i cant remember specific examples but i believe the preps house was a big offender of this one.

Jack26918

May 15, 2022
I've noticed for some time an issue inside the SanchoMod Gallery. In E3 for Envy, inside the sex choice dialogue, the Anal choice is grayed out.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I've noticed for some time an issue inside the SanchoMod Gallery. In E3 for Envy, inside the sex choice dialogue, the Anal choice is grayed out.
That's not a problem of the mod, that's a problem with your choices. You have to be DiK for that.

Jack26918

May 15, 2022
That's not a problem of the mod, that's a problem with your choices. You have to be DiK for that.
I thought of that. I find it more than a little unlikely that the vast majority of the other choices are enabled, not to mention the entire gallery itself being unlocked. It's possible but illogical- as an entire gallery RECREATION called SanchoMod Gallery, I am sure he intended everything to be available. SanchoMod Gallery cannot have the dependencies that limit the base game gallery.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I thought of that. I find it more than a little unlikely that the vast majority of the other choices are enabled, not to mention the entire gallery itself being unlocked. It's possible but illogical- as an entire gallery RECREATION called SanchoMod Gallery, I am sure he intended everything to be available. SanchoMod Gallery cannot have the dependencies that limit the base game gallery.
I just did a full replay and I'm a massive DiK and that choice was there and yes, I'm using the mod.

Edit:
As for the gallery, I don't know anything about. I don't use galleries in any game.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes