Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
about for a fresh playthrough with your mod...
So far, everything is solid and without any messages.
The only thing I am missing is the free-roam skip through which wasn't scrappy but SaintYoungMan (last known: post for skip-mod by modder).
There isn't a message by your mod that all known things in a free roam are gathered or any not done mobile app conversations/interactions popping up automatically. So, I am not sure if something alike the very handy Skip-Mod (for more than a single playthrough) is already implemented by you.

Here is the only thing I found so far, but it could be a vanilla issue. It's a scene of EP2, when wearing the DIK-helmet after the fight with Chad:
1683930154223.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There isn't a message by your mod that all known things in a free roam are gathered or any not done mobile app conversations/interactions popping up automatically.
Sure there is. Each FreeRoam has it's own guide self-contained in the MiniStat if the player has the ChoiceGuide On. It has a ton of info including what msgs are left, swyper, hidden money left, etc... along with a full guide to each roaming event.

Hell, I'd dare say there is no more complete guide(s) for the freeroams available anywhere else. You missed a feature that took me the longest to code if I'm being honest.

What Season are we referencing anyway? Regards.

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
Sure there is. Each FreeRoam has it's own guide self-contained in the MiniStat if the player has the ChoiceGuide On.
Thanks for the information on 'how to'!
I already enabled the choice guide but it is a bit of confusing as it is now the first time I saw the message, that there is a magazine in the screen shown.
If you would like to look into by yourself, see attached save-file (which I'll delete soon as of other information not for the purpose)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the information on 'how to'!
I already enabled the choice guide but it is a bit of confusing as it is now the first time I saw the message, that there is a magazine in the screen shown.
If you would like to look into by yourself, see attached save-file (which I'll delete soon as of other information not for the purpose)
Bud, I don't really have time to load that project as I'm currently modding another VN and have way too much open and on my screens right now but if the mod tells you there's a mag on the screen either find it or move on... you don't HAVE to find it, it's just letting you know there's one there.

Reactions: FusiFranse

tremologuitar14

Jul 2, 2023
Hey Sancho, just wondering if this mod works for Mac and if so, how should I go about installing it? I've tried the drag and drop method but it doesn't seem to work

jakeal

May 11, 2021
Hey Sancho, just wondering if this mod works for Mac and if so, how should I go about installing it? I've tried the drag and drop method but it doesn't seem to work
All Sancho mods can be installed on Mac by extracting the mod. Copy and paste the contents the the game folder:

Access the game folder, 'right' click the extracted game file (BeingADIK) and select 'Show Package Contents'
-'Resources'
-'autorun'
-'game'

If you copy and paste there, the 'SanchoMod' folder, 'SanchoMod.rpa', and 'scripts.rpa' should be in the game folder. Overwrite if prompted.

1688655070213.png

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Indeed, see above. SanchoMod should be compatible on all the public catalog I have currently on PC, Mac, and Linux. Mobile... not so much.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Here you go. As I said, I don't know if it's the main game or the mod with this one. But it's when I try to change the wallpaper on the phone. This happens after Interlude and getting into the main game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
  File "game/scripts/episode_interlude/episode_interlude.rpy", line 3439, in script
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/scripts/episode_interlude/episode_interlude.rpy", line 3439, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/wallpaper_app/mphone_wallpaper_func.rpy", line 11, in unlock_wallpapers_s2
    mphone_wallpaper_list[x+2][2] = True
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/episode_interlude/episode_interlude.rpy", line 3439, in script
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/episode_interlude/episode_interlude.rpy", line 3439, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 760, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/wallpaper_app/mphone_wallpaper_func.rpy", line 11, in unlock_wallpapers_s2
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Fri Jul  7 10:08:31 2023

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here you go. As I said, I don't know if it's the main game or the mod with this one. But it's when I try to change the wallpaper on the phone. This happens after Interlude and getting into the main game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 760, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Fri Jul  7 10:08:31 2023
Read the rest of my post here bud and answer back on this thread. I need more info. I can't replicate without more insight.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Read the rest of my post here bud and answer back on this thread. I need more info. I can't replicate without more insight.
Reread and no, I didn't 'poke around' in the code. There was no reason to tinker like I did with the music before.Let me add in your save fixer, remove the mod + persistence files and see if it's the main game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reread and no, I didn't 'poke around' in the code. There was no reason to tinker like I did with the music before.Let me add in your save fixer, remove the mod + persistence files and see if it's the main game.
Running unmodded + SaveFixer should let you know if it's mod or VN (which I can tell you it's 99.9% neither, you're the first person out of literally thousands to run into this issue that I'm aware of)

Persistent files are a separate matter since if something there is borked it'll bork either modded or unmodded.

Just saying you have more than one test to perform.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
hey Sancho1969, many thanks for your work. you actually made me remember about the game from the... I don't know how the bottom permanent part of comments on a forum is called in your comments on the Apocalypse thread.
There is one mention in the statscreen with Ep3_chose, but does the mod offer a way to visit both girls (and why not, derek as well) after the fallout with Maya and Josy? can't see it

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey Sancho1969, many thanks for your work. you actually made me remember about the game from the... I don't know how the bottom permanent part of comments on a forum is called in your comments on the Apocalypse thread.
There is one mention in the statscreen with Ep3_chose, but does the mod offer a way to visit both girls (and why not, derek as well) after the fallout with Maya and Josy? can't see it
Negative. If memory serves I have a notifier suggesting a save point exactly there. Combining them will only break things later due to the way the VN's conditionals are written... and I have zero intention of recoding that entire huge-ass VN to make it something it's not. So, it's not me being lazy, it's me protecting your saves/playthrough. The only cheats are in SanchoCheats (and technically SanchoSplits since those are technically a cheat). Nothing feature is "hidden" within the mod, I always place menus/buttons in the same approximate place across all SanchoMods so they remain familiar in use.

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
Negative. If memory serves I have a notifier suggesting a save point exactly there. Combining them will only break things later due to the way the VN's conditionals are written... and I have zero intention of recoding that entire huge-ass VN to make it something it's not. So, it's not me being lazy, it's me protecting your saves/playthrough. The only cheats are in SanchoCheats (and technically SanchoSplits since those are technically a cheat). Nothing feature is "hidden" within the mod, I always place menus/buttons in the same approximate place across all SanchoMods so they remain familiar in use.
Oh no worries I didn't even think for a second that it was because of you being lazy. that's too bad though, I may try to see what variables are set when choosing and at what point in the script they are used again. unless that breaking is really severe, in which case I'll probably just let it go. needless to say but I don't want to recode half the VN either

Ty1er

Jul 7, 2023
It should as I didn't modify ANY of the Steam code. If you'd like to test then simply backup both your original "scripts.rpa" and "scripts_season2.rpa" files. That way you can replace back to original without having to reverify via Steam if you want your original back (saving you a ton of DL bandwidth).
Hi Sancho1969

i know u said this about backing up the original scripts files incase we want to revert back but is there a way that i can use this mod without overwriting my non-modded save files but still use them for the modded playthrough (i used up all 10 pages of save that are available in my "first" playthrough didnt want to delete them for some reason) and also i dont know if the achievement for steam version will still work if i use ur mod.

I thought of simply copying all the save files to backup folder too just wondering about the achievement part after its modded and how it will affect when i revert back to non-modded game.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho1969

i know u said this about backing up the original scripts files incase we want to revert back but is there a way that i can use this mod without overwriting my non-modded save files but still use them for the modded playthrough (i used up all 10 pages of save that are available in my "first" playthrough didnt want to delete them for some reason) and also i dont know if the achievement for steam version will still work if i use ur mod.

I thought of simply copying all the save files to backup folder too just wondering about the achievement part after its modded and how it will affect when i revert back to non-modded game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bud... you're not limited to 10 pages... you have 99 at a minimum (RenPy standard). The amount of saves should not be any issue if that's what you're asking.

Reactions: Chuck6o

Ghibi

Dec 31, 2019
Sancho1969 While using the SanchoGallery I found out that in many cases customizing the MC name does not update the texts, that keeps showing MC as a keyword for the player name.
Is it something you have control over?

A couple of examples:
1691570005055.png

1691567888112.png

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes