funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Hey thanks for the response, but I was talking about just the music reversion where I take the old Music file and replace the current music file, but it doesn't seem to work. I never actually installed the SanchoMod into my game yet. I've only tried for the simple music fix with my game unmodded if that makes sense.
So, what are you trying to accomplish? If it's just the music you want, just add the music_ep1.rpa to your game folder, not the one with the exe and overwrite the existing one. Other than that, I don't know. You could always ask Sancho.
That's giving yourself a lot of trouble to basically just mute the game music and play your own tracks in a system player.

Just sayin'
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I just want the MC to shout from the rooftops that he loves Maya & Josy

And I want to tell that douche Peter as well.
I'm still salty with him for making Maya upset.

Also, maybe the mc could invest his $5000 in something to try and pay Maya's tuition.
If any girl deservers a break it's her
You mean Pete for hugging his beautiful daughter?

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
All is forgiving but you might want to remember who is who when MC goes home with his two girls
I might have to get a clipboard with their pictures on them
And put their names in big letters

Although i don't think patrick will want to see us anyway lol

• Haha
Reactions: Darkwen

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Guys to make sure no arsehole makes Maya upset
I might have to follow her around campus all day protecting her

It's not creepy having a 30-year-old dude
Following an 18-year-old girl around college is it?

Bah who cares I will protect her no matter what

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Very true. I only did it to get it back to OG. I think what DPC was forced to do was total bullshit. Just my 2cents.
I agree.
I can respect his attempts at protecting his works, but he will eventually have to come to terms with the realization that there will always be someone out there hacking at his code. It's just the nature of the beast.

I mean, even Microsoft finally came to terms with people hacking/crack their OS, that they finally stopped forcing people to pay for it, well at least to pay an arm and leg for the licenses I mean. So DPC will eventually have to realize how much effort he is wasting trying to "lock-down" his code so tight that he'll be losing sleep over something stupid.

It's one thing to set out a copyright on it and set yourself for some form of legal protection, compared to losing his mind with trying to make his code "unhackable" which will never happen. There's always a better coder/programmer out there.

Reactions: Dark Silence

tremologuitar14

Jul 2, 2023
So, what are you trying to accomplish? If it's just the music you want, just add the music_ep1.rpa to your game folder, not the one with the exe and overwrite the existing one. Other than that, I don't know. You could always ask Sancho.

Edit:
No. That won't work. Use unren to decompress music_ep1.rpa of the original music and then do the same for the other music_ep1.rpa and let it overwrite the new versions. If it needs a change in the script, you'll need to talk to Sancho. Am still at work and can't walk you through the rest.
How do you do "unren" and decompress it on Mac? If you don't know, I understand because not a lot of people work with Mac. I know you said you're at work, so I don't need like an immediate answer, but whenever you can get back to me would be very appreciated

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
How do you do "unren" and decompress it on Mac? If you don't know, I understand because not a lot of people work with Mac. I know you said you're at work, so I don't need like an immediate answer, but whenever you can get back to me would be very appreciated
I'm not on Mac, so no clue. Maybe there's a Mac user in this thread that can handle that part.

sampow

May 14, 2023
Quinn later repeats the same pattern for Jill too, only in this case there is no doubt as to how she knows. So I don't see where the weirdness would be if she thought the same for Maya (who has that opinion of MC anyway)
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at.

Probably there're a lot of hidden CCTV's around the campus. And since Quinn is in touch with Stephen, probably she have access to some of that cams or maybe she is the one who is responsible for it or it was a will of Stephen.

I think it would be naive to think that there is only one camera in the former storage/closet room.

I'm not sure if Priscilla is Quinn, but Stephen is definitely behind the cameras, or at least he knows about them, but for obvious reasons he couldn't do it personally (I mean installation, connection and other utility tasks), I think he delegated this work to someone.

One more clue is a scene with Stephen at the end of EP6, when he watch video with Jade & MC. It could be a saved file from DIKs laptop, but probably it was a video from Hell week end ceremony. It looks like this video was from a camera installed in the DIKs movie theater. If we assume that there are several cameras in the mansion, then it is obvious that he was aware of the tasks for hell week as well. The task to fuck the teacher, if I'm not mistaken, was on the DIKs board for the first time ("impossible task"). If that's the case, then it's understandable why Stephen was interested in the video from the end of Hell Week. There aren't many teachers on campus, and maybe he noticed Jade's interest in MC, because she was too active in showing signs of attention to MC, not hiding anything much, right in front of Stephen.

Good analysis and train of thought. But then again, some things doesn't add up. Jill and Quinn are also opposites, but for some reason Quinn doesn't seem to know that MC is dealing with the "princess". And if we think about why... because Jill and MC didn't have any intimacy until EP8 end. Only kisses, but even all these kisses were only off campus and where there were no cameras or witnesses and could not be. A bench near the tennis court, a couch in Bella's house, a picnic in nature near Jill's house... they had nothing at DIKs Mansion or on campus. While, at the same time, there a lot of stuff MC do with J&M since EP4 end. Not on public, but in DIKs mansion and in campus itself too.

With Maya and Josy we can even return to DIK affinity by EP6 and not change it anymore, for Jill at that moment we should have the opposite affininy route, we can still stay with DIK affinity in EP6, but by EP7 we should return to Neutral.

Quinn's "telepathy" is a rather weak move and explanation, if it were so - from the DPC side. A dude who is obsessed with details and various hints for the players would hardly do that.
Jill and Maya are two different situations, and Quinn doesn't just re-enact her behaviour with either of them.

When Maya first comes to join the HOTs, Quinn senses her lack of confidence and immediately plans to mess with Maya. She taunts the mc about her because she likes how he reacts (either defensive or attempting to not come across phased).

Right up until Maya & Josy actually become HOTs, Quinn considers Maya her plaything. She's not threatened by her nor does she see her as competition. As I said before, if the mc ends up with Maya and Josy, Quinn would have witnessed a potentially more "chick" kinda guy early on simply has no serious interest in him. Whether he evolves into a DIK later is less of consequence since Quinn has already written him off.

With Jill, Quinn does not have the same power imbalance over her. Although we know of Jill's insecurities, that is not common knowledge. If anything, she comes across as this confident, well known student who has a strong rapport with the staff, and once Quinn realises Jill and the mc are together, she starts to steer clear of him if she had any prior interest.

Specifically why Quinn bails on the mc when she finds out about Jill is up for speculation, but from Quinn's perspective, how can she compete with Jill? Jill is beautiful (when she's got her mouth shut), rich, influential and has a smoking hot body. She's basically the princess of the college. Rather than face rejection from the mc when he chooses Jill over her, she jumps ship to maintain control of the situation, and preserve her pride, but also at that point Quinn is feeling close to the mc but not so close that it hurts to much to walk away.

So to perhaps better clarify my original point, Quinn isn't reading anyone's minds. She overhears the conversation about the mc going on dinner dates with Jill, and she pulls the plug on that relationship. But with Maya and Josy, it's not the relationship that causes Quinn to lose interest, it's the mc's style of behaviour.

It's not a perfect analysis because it's not a perfect story, and you can play the game almost identically and have Quinn behave differently due to being on one relationship (M&J) or the other (Jill), but in the spirit of the different kinds of relationships these are (instead of just purely analysing the game mechanics), the M&J relationship is more youthful while the Jill relationship is more mature (disregarding the actual sexual component since Jill falls apart at that point).

To be compatible to these relationships, the mc would be a little different depending on the path he's on. Of course this isn't directly represented in what we see, the game isn't interested in going down that road where every line of dialogue is nuanced depending on every single decision made up until that point, but it isn't hard to accept that the guy who's dating Jill could be perceived differently by Quinn than the guy who's in a throuple, irrespective of what Quinn known about his relationship status.

And in the end, even if Quinn does behave differently depending on which branch the mc is on (outside of Quinn's knowledge at times), her behaviour isn't in anyway uncharacteristic.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Jill and Maya are two different situations, and Quinn doesn't just re-enact her behaviour with either of them.

When Maya first comes to join the HOTs, Quinn senses her lack of confidence and immediately plans to mess with Maya. She taunts the mc about her because she likes how he reacts (either defensive or attempting to not come across phased).

Right up until Maya & Josy actually become HOTs, Quinn considers Maya her plaything. She's not threatened by her nor does she see her as competition. As I said before, if the mc ends up with Maya and Josy, Quinn would have witnessed a potentially more "chick" kinda guy early on simply has no serious interest in him. Whether he evolves into a DIK later is less of consequence since Quinn has already written him off.

With Jill, Quinn does not have the same power imbalance over her. Although we know of Jill's insecurities, that is not common knowledge. If anything, she comes across as this confident, well known student who has a strong rapport with the staff, and once Quinn realises Jill and the mc are together, she starts to steer clear of him if she had any prior interest.

Specifically why Quinn bails on the mc when she finds out about Jill is up for speculation, but from Quinn's perspective, how can she compete with Jill? Jill is beautiful (when she's got her mouth shut), rich, influential and has a smoking hot body. She's basically the princess of the college. Rather than face rejection from the mc when he chooses Jill over her, she jumps ship to maintain control of the situation, and preserve her pride, but also at that point Quinn is feeling close to the mc but not so close that it hurts to much to walk away.

So to perhaps better clarify my original point, Quinn isn't reading anyone's minds. She overhears the conversation about the mc going on dinner dates with Jill, and she pulls the plug on that relationship. But with Maya and Josy, it's not the relationship that causes Quinn to lose interest, it's the mc's style of behaviour.

It's not a perfect analysis because it's not a perfect story, and you can play the game almost identically and have Quinn behave differently due to being on one relationship (M&J) or the other (Jill), but in the spirit of the different kinds of relationships these are (instead of just purely analysing the game mechanics), the M&J relationship is more youthful while the Jill relationship is more mature (disregarding the actual sexual component since Jill falls apart at that point).

To be compatible to these relationships, the mc would be a little different depending on the path he's on. Of course this isn't directly represented in what we see, the game isn't interested in going down that road where every line of dialogue is nuanced depending on every single decision made up until that point, but it isn't hard to accept that the guy who's dating Jill could be perceived differently by Quinn than the guy who's in a throuple, irrespective of what Quinn known about his relationship status.

And in the end, even if Quinn does behave differently depending on which branch the mc is on (outside of Quinn's knowledge at times), her behaviour isn't in anyway uncharacteristic.
yours seems to me to be as good a theory as any. affinity was introduced precisely to create this positive or negative reputation in the case, but for Quinn this is not enough, because the affinity check is done (and it is for this that you need to be able to read minds, even if it is a fairly common skill in the BR special youth school) and in addition there is another, very specific, stumbling block.

how is the general behaviour of the MC the discriminating factor? can an MC DIK at that moment courting Maya have such a distinctive behaviour in Quinn's eyes compared to one who has been courting Jill up to that point?

the check on "spirituality" is done and it is affinity

it seems so normal to me that Quinn doesn't trust a guy in sweet talk with a girl who has nothing but bad things to say about her (in my opinion the stumbling block is Maya, not Josy, if Quinn knew anything about the two girls she would have definitely used the topic to make them uncomfortable). and you don't need superpowers, they're teenagers attending the same college, the same parties.

have you ever noticed that there's tenderness between two people without them having to explain it to you?

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Anyone know how to fix this? I am using Sancho1969 mod, so I don't know if it's the main game, or the mod.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
  File "game/scripts/episode_interlude/episode_interlude.rpy", line 3439, in script
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/scripts/episode_interlude/episode_interlude.rpy", line 3439, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 537, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/wallpaper_app/mphone_wallpaper_func.rpy", line 11, in unlock_wallpapers_s2
    mphone_wallpaper_list[x+2][2] = True
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/episode_interlude/episode_interlude.rpy", line 3439, in script
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/episode_interlude/episode_interlude.rpy", line 3439, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 760, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "game/scripts/new_phone/apps/wallpaper_app/mphone_wallpaper_func.rpy", line 11, in unlock_wallpapers_s2
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Fri Jul  7 10:08:31 2023
Edit:
This happens when I try to change wallpapers in the phone.

Last edited:

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Tomorrow is the last preview of the "DPC on Vacation" series, any guesses who it will be? Hoping for Sage is pointless I understand.
Well, there's always a way to compensate for the lack of what you want. Use your imagination. Imagine how Sage has a great and fun time on vacation with DPC. And yes, it's better to do it under the wonderful composition by Haddaway - What About Me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Anyone know how to fix this? I am using Sancho1969 mod, so I don't know if it's the main game, or the mod.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Compiling ATL code at game/scripts/new_phone/apps/pack_quest_app/mphone_pack_quest_img.rpy:181
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 760, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Fri Jul  7 10:08:31 2023
Edit:
This happens when I try to change wallpapers in the phone.
Hit me up in the mod's thread to discuss so I don't get reprimanded yet again being "off topic" due to me fussing that the mod got removed from the VN's OP yet again (go figure).

Otherwise I have zero issue (just now tested to be sure). I don't mod the wallpaper code nor have any unlockers for it so, did you do something outside the mod on your own? SanchoMod doesn't play well if you've been poking around or previously used some other cheat that takes variables, lists, and dictionaries outside their limits.

This is me just now and I can scroll through all currently unlocked WPs (obviously what's unlocked is playthrough specific):
BaD TempPic01.jpg

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes