JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
For Riona, this moment was most likely a culture shock. She never got involved with a normal relationship and it seems that everyone looked at her as nothing more than an object (from this her self-esteem problems).
Suddenly, a man appears who is polite to her, although he uses her sexual services, but sees a personality in Riona in the first place.
The storyline of MC-Rion's relationship is very well written and develops logically, one of those arcs that are in my top.
It seems that for the first time in Riona life she begins to experience a romantic interest, this can be seen from the scene on the couch during the party, and this is most likely why DPC didn't go with just another sex scene in Ep.9.
Agreed. Riona's story is a nice arc, and the more we find out about her the more interesting she becomes. Per her conversation with Quinn she started smoking pot at 12, which points to a difficult upbringing and probably an unstable home life. She very likely has been using her body to get what she thinks she needs for a long time, but she hasn't been able to have a normal relationship with a guy because of who she is perceived to be. She may have thought that college was her path to escape her previous life, but then she found herself right back doing the things that she was trying to get away from.

Nobody took her fears of a stalker seriously except MC, and she was almost afraid to ask him to help her. When he did that surprised her, and when he caught the culprit that made MC her personal hero. I hope the Others route offers something for her with MC, as it should be an interesting path to follow. She really is a likeable character.

Plus she lets Cammy tag along for sex. ;)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I know I asked this for Quinn but can you pursue Riona as a chick or do you have to be a Dik for her as well?

Because she is really growing on me

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I know I asked this for Quinn but can you pursue Riona as a chick or do you have to be a Dik for her as well?

Because she is really growing on me
I am pretty sure that it's been mentioned in this thread at some point that a chick affinity MC can still follow Rio's path.

Reactions: znar25 and Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am pretty sure that it's been mentioned in this thread at some point that a chick affinity MC can still follow Rio's path.
Oh, that's good because Like I said her character development is really good
And she is definitely in my top 5 girls.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
On the reactions of the MC's relationships, what I imagine:

Josy and Maya, most of them already seem to know there's something going on between them, and Tommy's the only one who might not approve, but honestly, I think they'll work it out quickly, he won't like it, but he'll accept it.

Sage, again everyone should expect this, the only one who comes close to caring is Quinn because she also likes the MC.

Quinn, in Quinn's case Sage is the only one who seems to support, the others either don't care or won't like it, especially Tommy, Josy, Maya and Derek.

Lily is something very new, something I didn't expect, I still think she's just using him, investing in him, so I'll imagine the other characters will think the same, the MC is becoming popular, he barely became a DIK and already he is making decisions and commanding everything.
(She might start to really like him in the future, but I don't see that at the moment.)

Nicole, I think everyone is going to think he's retarded, an older woman with a kid, come on. (How old is the kid, 15?)

Riona, it's possible there's something more serious in the future, so anticipating that, I believe everyone will be happy to know that Riona and the MC are in a serious relationship, everyone seems to like Riona, only Quinn wouldn't like it if Riona said that she would stop the restaurant thing.
(For those who don't accept her past, remember that the MC also had sex with everyone there, he's not that different.)

Jill and Bella, I never had the patience or interest to try anything with them, so I don't know their circle and how they should react.

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
For Riona, this moment was most likely a culture shock. She never got involved with a normal relationship and it seems that everyone looked at her as nothing more than an object (from this her self-esteem problems).
Suddenly, a man appears who is polite to her, although he uses her sexual services, but sees a personality in Riona in the first place.
The storyline of MC-Rion's relationship is very well written and develops logically, one of those arcs that are in my top.
It seems that for the first time in Riona life she begins to experience a romantic interest, this can be seen from the scene on the couch during the party, and this is most likely why DPC didn't go with just another sex scene in Ep.9.
And it's actually much much more better if you don't use her sexual services. :cool:,

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Agreed. Riona's story is a nice arc, and the more we find out about her the more interesting she becomes. Per her conversation with Quinn she started smoking pot at 12, which points to a difficult upbringing and probably an unstable home life. She very likely has been using her body to get what she thinks she needs for a long time, but she hasn't been able to have a normal relationship with a guy because of who she is perceived to be. She may have thought that college was her path to escape her previous life, but then she found herself right back doing the things that she was trying to get away from.

Nobody took her fears of a stalker seriously except MC, and she was almost afraid to ask him to help her. When he did that surprised her, and when he caught the culprit that made MC her personal hero. I hope the Others route offers something for her with MC, as it should be an interesting path to follow. She really is a likeable character.

Plus she lets Cammy tag along for sex. ;)
Riona, among other things, needs to get out of Quinn's influence. As much as I like Quinn as a character, she does terrible things to Riona.
Constantly humiliates her and keeps her in a submissive h position, plus false accusations for what Quinn does herself.
Being close to Quinn, she can't break with her past life.
And it looks like this Quinn vs. Riona drama has been brewing for a long time and will explode this season.
MC is really the only person in her life besides Camila, who treats her well. I wonder if Riona's storyline will be any different if MC rejects her in Ep 9 because he already has a girlfriend? I hope MC will be able to help Riona even if they are just friends.
And it's actually much much more better if you don't use her sexual services. :cool:,
Indeed, it is more interesting. The development of those relationships doesn't begin with sex, and from MCs side it is more noble - he does this not in order to score with her.
And I will say that after a few runs, the restaurant is not needed. Anyway, by Ep.9, you can get all the "restaurant" girls without it, with patience.
When the game was in the early stages of development - yes, you try to open all the scenes, choosing all bad decisions, no wonder my oldest save is doomed. :LOL: But now it is not necessary.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023

Status update Episode 10

This week has been all about preparing for the vacation by working smart. I aim to have the PCs up and rendering 24/7 while I'm off.

PC maintenance was done to ensure everything was up to speed and working. I've decided to upgrade yet another rig after my vacation, as I'm very pleased with the performance of the 4090 cards. It will allow me to take animations one step further.

All static renders in the render queue were prioritized to render first, as these can potentially be why PCs stop rendering due to software crashes. As a result, I post-processed over 200 renders, and now only animations are left in the queue.
Regarding the render queue, I've been trying to create a big one with long animations. As my vacation starts on Monday, I still have the weekend to beef it up a bit more, but I already think I have more than enough to last two weeks.
I have also worked on and planned the previews for the duration when I'm gone. I have scheduled four previews that will auto-post on Patreon over the next couple of weeks. If you want to see the exact dates, they are posted as events on my Discord server.

There will be a cosmetic poll for Sage starting tomorrow too. Sign up as a DIK tier patron or above to participate.

And finally, a note regarding Status updates. The next status update will be on Friday, July 14th, as I'd like to work a bit after my vacation to have something new to show. I'll be back to work on July 10.

Have a nice weekend, and I'll see you here in July or occasionally on my Discord server.

Dr PinkCake
Apparently Sage's glowing skin will become as permanent as Maya's hands and skin and Josy's teeth? Why does DPC like disfiguring its own characters so much?

Reactions: 19Castiel23

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I haven't played this in awhile, but is Riona an actual LI yet or still stuck in the 'side-piece' category?
Kind of both? She is a side girl, but it looks like she is going to have her own romanceable path at last (pick the Others' branch in episode 8 for this).

Apparently Sage's glowing skin will become as permanent as Maya's hands and skin and Josy's teeth? Why does DPC like disfiguring its own characters so much?
Hmm... I must say that I am also somewhat concerned about that moist look of her skin. I hope it does not become a permanent issue.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Script wise, pretty self-explanatory
View attachment 2718880

On ep7 game runs a check for these variables to play the dialogue out,
View attachment 2718881

So, I doubt there are more things going on since the save file transfer... although I don't find dalli's theory entirely ridiculous but not really credible. Nonetheless I like reading his theories it's like reading a mystery novel with lots of twists and turns.
I had to write the "plot", here's the language barrier. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: toobextra

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
DPC has said people give too much importance to LI or SG status. So I guess this means some SGs can take a more relevent role.
I believe DPC's stance is that the main girls will have a lot more content and their story lines will drive some of the overall plot segments, while the side girls will have some things to do with them. I think it's similar to Maya's loan struggle, Sage's cheating boyfriend arc or Jill's recital or Tybalt dating arcs where there was a lot of time and interaction spent over multiple chapters vs smaller individual side girl events like Riona's stalker or Quinn's robbery aftermath. It doesn't mean you can't romance the side girls but the Others track will not have as much story devoted to them. There are already a lot more sex scenes with the main girls when on their path than the side girls (except for Jill, unless she turns into a ravenously insatiable freak in bed in the next chapter to make up the difference).

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes