rannmiumec

Aug 27, 2017
As someone who only plays the Josy/Maya path:
  • Did I like this episode? It didn't blow my mind, but I think it was fine.
  • Was the long wait worth? Most likely not, but I had fun so I guess that's what matters.
  • Has DPC gone overboard with the minigames? Yes. Really what was that default Hard setting for the brawl minigame? I couldn't read the 4 options before the time ran out. Luckily you can just lower the difficulty level to normal and it becomes possible again.
  • Do I have anything to complain about? I have not spent a single $ on the game, so as a freeloader not really :ROFLMAO:
People: ciritcising DPC for too many mini-games

My mini-game-loving ass trying to get 99,1% purity:
walter-white-cooking.gif
I enjoyed the science minigame for what it was, but it certainly wasn't needed.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
stop talking no sense, i did not use patches or mods this time and not work. is not my fault. so go away if u are a bully, i am more than tired of this .....s

i really dont know where is the problem and secondly i don t wanna start again from 0 because of devs
Pretty clear:

ScriptError: could not find label 'ep8_final_diks2_library2_2nd_label'.

In your script that label is missing.
Probably an archive got corrupted.

I have never had such a problem, so it's not an error on the developer side - or everyone were having it.

I can only suggest you to download the game again (seasons 1&2 I guess, by the missing label prefix) and make a clean install.

Either that or the corruption happened in your save file.

Sorry but I can't be more specific without access to your machine.

• Sad
Reactions: WhiteWolf34Uk

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
I have some extra comments to complement my Review from Episode 10, please give a read and share your thoughts!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe your stats are shit, cuz I went in on hard mode and had no issue with Troy. Or maybe you're overthinking. Just do any hit on offense and try for dodges only on defense.
You probably maxed out your stats in the ealier version of the Brawler app, those carried over from Season 1/2.

Apparently, that makes a huge difference.

Thing is, if you into casual girls next door, than it works with you.
But for me, another reason why I my lost interest in her.
S she really has no personal story and Josy only works together with Maya. She's too ordinary. In my personal experience, with such “average girls” everything ended quickly.
Let's look at the dates with the girls in Ep.10:
-Sage, it seemed like there were casual dates, but Sage is very intelligent and educated and you can develop a philosophical, highly intelligent conversation with her (just don’t press her about personal things, Tremolo!)
-Bella. Yoga, beer-pong for a bet, and the best sex scene in the episode.
-Quinn. A risky adventure with crime, a cabriolet ride through the city at night.
With awesome music. A feeling of something forbidden.
-Even Jill, it was funny how MC was trying to loosen her up a little and get her hooked on rock music. In some ways it's ironic, Lana, her sister, brought home some rocker and the lower classes. Where one sister goes, so does the other.
-The conversation with Nicole gave me warm, glowing emotions. I'm the same age as Nicole and I can easily understand her.
-I don’t know how to feel about Lily yet, all this “rolling for a status” is a little strange. Lily is an even more closed book than Quinn, and until I understand what she’s hiding behind herself, I can’t make up my mind.
-Hanging out with Zoey is an attempt to return to the past, restore the relationship, tension and a lot of unspoken words that need to be said to each other.

What did we get with Josy? We just sit in her room with pillows, gossip about others and look at pictures on the phone. Compared to everything else, this is dull for me.

While I disagree with Josy actions when we dump her, I still think you went a bit too hard in her.

Also, she is so starting to dance as a hobby, it will be great!

To me the intention behind this scene was that Josy is very insecure about herself and prone to peer pressure (she pretend-jokingly admits as much when she agrees to spend the night in tent later) It took just one random guy negging her at the DIK party to start question herself, delete her profile and try to look up what's considered "suitable" hobbies that random assholes won't mock her about.

Oscar has done to her what you're very much also doing in your post -- accuse her of being "just a basic bitch" and she might not show that, but it cut her to the bone because it's likely at some level that's how she views herself, that she's someone who has really nothing special going for her.
Very true, I expect this plot thread to continue in Episode 11, specially if she isn't on a relationship with the MC.

For me the best part of this last update is the love story of MC parents, Lynette and Neil.
Great writing.
It was pretty fun, but I can't help but to feel we will get some very intense plot twist in the diaries, specially with all the mentions that Neil has a shit memory.

On JM path, Becky asks to be the fourth in their relationship. Oh, how happy would I be if KRJ gets accepted as the fourth instead! She was certainly thirsty for MC during Ep. 9 party. Maybe KRJ and Maya will bond in Advanced Gender Studies ...
I would prefer Sage in a foursome to be honest lol

Both Josy and Maya showed interest in her already.

Also, Becky stinks.

I want to add something. In this episode, Jill's route was...not as bad as I expected. I was waiting for the next portion of the circus with clowns like in Ep.9 and getting ready to make memes with it like a year ago. But everything happened differently. From a writing standpoint, this is some good character development. Of course Jill is just coming out of her bubble and there is a lot of vanilla that is not for me at all, but there were some cute moments.

Sex started to evolve too and something happened that people made memes and laughed about
Good moments:
- Jill and MC are looking around Lana's room and our Tremolo was delighted because they could have a lot in common.
-We learned that the Bianca family made a deal to sell this mansion from the Lynette family to the Royce family. That's why Lynette lives in that hole in the diary's memories.
- MC lets Jill listen to rock music.
-Bianca is great with this tease.

Another proof that Jill is developing, she stops being so naive and believing everyone. When you’re not on her route, it’s obvious, because she doubts MC’s words that he’s innocent and Tybalt did it all. This is correct, because you cannot take everyone’s word for it and she has already been deceived once.
Hard agree, was pleasantly surprised with Jill route this time, some good progress overall.

The MC tagging Tybalt multiple times in Cluck was amazing too lol.

View attachment 3162759

Way too fucking soon DPC...

What’s up with the flashback to the pink rose after the party?
Does everyone get that flashback and what was the meaning behind that?
Every path seems to get the same dream, really suspicious but no good theories on the meaning of it yet.

One interesting thing I noticed when looking at the script when playing on Sage's route
Nice find! Sage is probably the girl who will be more open to messing around with another girls if she is involved, so I wouldn't be surprised that we will get plently of 3somes.

Played my monk run and saw the scene there too, plus, remember Stephen said in the last episode he needed a talk with Priscilla? That's Quinn.

EDIT: Actually scratch that last part, I have not completed the Quinn run so I missed the render of that other woman that sits to talk with Quinn at the fast food place, that could be the actual Priscilla.
I was a believer in the Quinn=Priscilla theory, but after seeing that woman on the dinner I'm not sure anymore...

Say what you want about the game in general or Ep. 10 in particular, but the way Patrick is written and how DPC makes you at least understand why he is how he is and even makes you sympathize with him on some level, even if his behavior to Maya is inexcusable in the end is just top notch.
It was a very fine addition to the game, Patrick went from standart religious prick to a more complex characther.

Still an asshole, but you also feel bad for him.

When I start Ep. 10 the game just closes for no reason. I can't even get past the doctor scene. Can someone pls help?
You used mods or modded saves, start clean saves or download the mod fix.

well you know with those people you can't do anything man, they have a minuscule attention span and if they are not constantly stimulated they get bored fast. I mean when I started the first route on the 8th, it was 8:00 in the morning and when I finished it was 1:00 in the afternoon. I took my time to read and review every detail I could.

the funny thing is that those people who criticize today are the same ones who will be in the front row when Chapter 11 comes out. they are the first to download it because they enjoy complaining and making people angry more than playing the game. :HideThePain:
Some people skip all dialogues and play only one route and they complain that DPC is a milker because the update took a year and it only lasted 30 mins.

Its really retarded, if you don't wanna bother with the story go to the gallery, but no need to post useless crap like that.

Oh God please no If this happens we're gonna have to wait a lot longer than a year
Couldn't agree more, updates take more than enough time already, we don't need another Ocean lol.

Decent episode overall. The only thing that bothers me is this picture below:

I don't think I'll find enough strength to play any more routes.
No need to do that friend, just download a gallery unlocker and you are fine.

Maya made a mistake by trusting her own father. Honestly, I can't blame her for this, but any documents for signature need to be read from beginning to end. But my sympathies are increasingly with Maya after this episode and I respect her more and more.
~
HAHA, I didn't choose that option, funny! I wonder if this affects RP? MC corrupting innocent Jill :devilish:
Frankly Maya not reading the papers her father gave her to sign isn'tabsurd. She is very young and inexperinced and would never imagine her own father would do such a thing.

If the DPC wants to remake the entire game once it's finished, that's not something I'm worried about right now
I would prefer another game from him honestly, he is my favorite developer even with all his flaws and a ego bigger than the sun.

I can empathize with Maya, Derek and Patrick. My mother was also very sick. But that doesn't excuse Patrick's behavior. Of course I got a slap on the back of the head from my father, but it was well deserved. But Maya and Derek just wanted to help and were physically and mentally abused. There is no excuse for that.

I can only choose neutral in the Major Choice, but I think it is also the right choice. Patrick held Maya's arm roughly and didn't hit her. My MC did the same thing to Quinn in EP1 when Quinn was making jokes about Josy to her. But I think to myself that I won't find out for another year whether I have to start over again.

Was it a mistake for a 17-18 year old girl to trust her father? It should actually be so that children can trust their parents.
I see the situation as you do, Maya wasn't wrong in trusting her father in that situation.

So this was...the power...of 60 fps animations...
View attachment 3162934

Also Others is canon, I'm not playing other routes.
And after seeing the end of this one, I probably ain't playing the others either.
I doubt she is going to die, DPC said this game wouldn't get as dark as Acting Lessons.

I just know that madman is going to render Neil fucking Lynette
I wouldn't be surprised lol

That would go the bin of skipped scenes with the Madame's content.

I can't play, the game crashes starting episode 10...

I downloaded everything again, and it simply crashes as soon as episode 10 starts, without mods or anything, just the vanilla version.
Your persistent files are probably mod tainted, delete everything and use the saves from here>

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-10-0-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-5618683

And why people bitched about new wallpaper customization app during development?

View attachment 3162998

View attachment 3162999

View attachment 3163000

Fun function and wallpapers are cool.
Well worth the effort lol

That's why I love Ren'Py engine.

And that's also why control maniac devs should avoid using this wonderful engine - which was clearly designed to encourage modding/tampering - instead of spending some development time in hunting for mods in saves... :WeSmart::WeSmart::WeSmart:
As much as I hate DPC meddling with mods, I doubt it takes him more than a few minutes to implement his antimod code.

Especially with financial stuff and the father is a successful business owner (as it seems).

If my father would have been "Here, please sign this!" to me at that age...chances are, I would've signed it as well and also wouldn't have made a copy or anything.
Damm right, most of us would do the same and not think about it.

Bromance route when!?
You are already playing it since episode 1 lol

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
In ep 10 I had the MC spend his free evening with either Josy or Maya, depending on the previous feelings. In the Josy path, she confesses she’s crushing on him too—but for some reason DPC wrote into it that he’s over Josy. But in the Maya path, Tremolo does the confessing—and Maya is bugged by this, but at the barbecue she tells him she’s bugged because she’s into him too.

So… that’s odd. Outraged me a bit. Why’d it work for Maya and not Josy?
It does... I think you have to tell Derek at the end of the Prep party when Derek is still in the top had and is raiding the fridge, he asked MC if he still has feelings for them.... if you chose Josy, then later when you are in the pillow fort, you can tell her you are still into her.I THINK that's the trigger... I was able to get both versions and it was the only theory I had.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Small question, do we ever get confirmation if Heather is an actual option for side love interest? I'm not sure what needs to be done, but I'm getting very mixed signal from her character. On one hand, she does seem to feel genuinely guilty for cheating on Tommy and she has been generally "loyal" to Tommy throughout the game by pretty much never really hooking up with anyone else. On the other hand, she also mentioned that she would've considered MC as her plus one had MC not been in relationship with Sage to show that she might be legitimately interested in MC.

argo222

Aug 29, 2023
Months ago I created two paths for Josy and Maya; both where the MC achieves the throuple but chooses to be friends instead. In one path I have him tell Derek he still has feelings for Josy, and when he’s gotta pick an LI in episode 8 we see a Josy montage—though not a Josy option. In the other, I have him tell Derek he still has feelings for Maya, and in ep 8 he gets a Maya montage but no option.

In ep 10 I had the MC spend his free evening with either Josy or Maya, depending on the previous feelings. In the Josy path, she confesses she’s crushing on him too—but for some reason DPC wrote into it that he’s over Josy. But in the Maya path, Tremolo does the confessing—and Maya is bugged by this, but at the barbecue she tells him she’s bugged because she’s into him too.

So… that’s odd. Outraged me a bit. Why’d it work for Maya and not Josy?

Now in one of the other Others paths I went down, I found I didn’t get to choose in ep 10 whether to hang with Josy or Maya; my previous actions had picked one or the other for me. Which is fine. One was the Nicole path, which was a massive-DIK path, but Nicole likes him anyway. Had to hang out with Quinn and Maya regardless. Again, that’s fine; I like both of them. Out of curiosity I had him tell Maya he’s into her. And she reciprocated. Despite his DIK status. So… that’s odd.

And in another of the Others paths, when I found myself obligated to hang with Josy, she of course told him she’s into him… and now he reciprocated. Even though he didn’t in the path I’d deliberately set up for him. Goddamnit.

I’ll eventually figure out what I’m doing right/wrong. But regardless, for those of you who were hoping you could get with just one or the other of these girls, it looks like it may be possible. Although at the current rate of completion, we’re all gonna have to wait a few years for the resolution, as Dr. PinkCake continues to evolve into George R.R. Martin.

I wonder if your's is bugged. I did the same pathing as you (spending all free time with Josy when available, told her MC thinks of her all the time after ep9 Halloween pic) and got to confess to Josy in the pillowfort.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

KingCoomba

Jul 20, 2017
To be fair bromance route was forced on us since day zero in college.

Back then I wish I could get rid of such a goofy sidekick... :KEK:

But he's a good guy. Clumsy and clueless, but sincere.
My favorite thing about Derek in the latest episodes is the slow revelation that he's actually a pretty level headed and mature guy forced to grow up too soon and is the way he is at college because he can finally have the freedom and fun he never got to have growing up. Which is why he seems so goofy and over the top, he's not a loud dumbass because he was dropped on his head but because that's how he wants to live his best life, he can finally cut loose and he's making a goddamn meal of it. Bless that boy.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
For Elena, do you think the (likely) future scene will be a threesome or just MC & Elena with JB watching ?
I am thinking maybe a DIK MC will be able choose between both option (and potentially force JB to just wait & watch).
Probably only MC and Elena, he can either watch or she can record for him lol. I don't think DPC will get another male involved. It all depends on his patreon.

Reactions: jaden_yuki

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
As much as I hate DPC meddling with mods, I doubt it takes him more than a few minutes to implement his antimod code.
True.

More or less the same time it takes to the modder (or even to another modder) to delete it... :WeSmart:

It's pointless to use Ren'Py if he hates mods so much.

He should use an engine that doesn't force him to release his source code in an easily decompilable format...

The anti-scrappymod code was so obvious and unobfuscated that if the error occurred to me I probably would have been able to find it and delete it by myself.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Sad this is not the throuple... If it were, I'd be simping for them just like Joshy.

View attachment 3163045

(Yeah... I'm playing episode 9 again to check if I missed something.)
I would just like to see Sally have a route. She's a cutie.

Side question related to Sally - I saw a render earlier in the thread where MC is touching Sally's face - what route is that from? (guessing maybe you have to do the shrooms?)

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Small question, do we ever get confirmation if Heather is an actual option for side love interest? I'm not sure what needs to be done, but I'm getting very mixed signal from her character. On one hand, she does seem to feel genuinely guilty for cheating on Tommy and she has been generally "loyal" to Tommy throughout the game by pretty much never really hooking up with anyone else. On the other hand, she also mentioned that she would've considered MC as her plus one had MC not been in relationship with Sage to show that she might be legitimately interested in MC.
In a playthrough (I guess on the "alone" branch) I got a blowjob from her during the Halloween party.
But she did that only in spite of Tommy cheating on her.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
One year or more from now, can I use a save from the current version 10.0 into 11.0, or will I need to have a save from the latest patches (ex 10.2) that DPC releases?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes