ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'm doing a new solo route and I'm in the third chapter, and there are parts of the fight between Burke and Jade that I didn't notice.

sb "Well, we tried that already!"
sb "Most recently with Isabella!"
sb "She was clearly already in love!"
ja "That's usually the case when there's a {b}fucking{/b} wedding ring on a finger!"
ja "Oh! And again with Isabella!"
sb "You've been in long-term relationships before."

sb "You know how these things go."

we cannot say with certainty when this quarrel takes place, but probably very close to the events of the third chapter itself.

Doesn't it seem strange to you that Burke says Bella is in love? it makes no sense to refer to MC, at that point in the story there was only a stolen kiss, but can it refer to her husband? it seems odd even so, the husband who hasn't seen (at least in a sexual sense) for about three years ... the simplest explanation is that it was just the excuse Bella used to get rid of Burke's attentions.

but it's the second step that intrigued me the most, the reference to another long-term relationship, as if Jade came from another marriage or at least from another long relationship before ending up with Burke. a hint without meaning? I do not believe
On the first part, I assume Bella just shot down the proposed tryst (with her trademark Icy Stare) claiming that she was a married woman. We've seen that Bella has some serious issues with infidelity even when she likes the MC, so I can easily imagine her venting if Jade and Stephen made a crude pass at her.

On the second part, it's possible Jade has an ex somewhere, but it might just refer to something like a college boyfriend. The Burkes are some of the older characters, so they could have married in their twenties and still have a child Tybalt's age. I'd classify 1 year or more as a long-term relationship, so it wouldn't be surprising if Jade had a couple before she hooked up with Stephen.

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

Kananartans

Dec 19, 2019
I can't talk to Micha from the Swyper app. Is there anyone who knows the reason? When I swype up her, a picture of broken heart appears on the screen.

Crystaldom

Feb 14, 2020
I can't talk to Micha from the Swyper app. Is there anyone who knows the reason? When I swype up her, a picture of broken heart appears on the screen.
She rejects your Swype because Micah was the one posing with her fat friend earlier in Swyper. MC got rejected and Micah probably recognized MC.

Reactions: Kananartans

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Episode 4 is the only case of flagrant parallel routes through the same context. But that's starting to change and it's a bit more complicated in other cases depending on how you look at it.

In episode 5, all MCs have the opportunity to accompany Josy when she meets her father. If you accept, the MC will then have the choice to either accompany Josy to her room, or to follow Maya after she wandered off (obviously upset). You'll only get one of those scenes in a given playthrough, and the scene will only lead to sex if the MC formed a relationship with them.

Episode 6 gives the MC a chance to either tend to a sick Sage or go on a date with Jill; both options require certain prerequisites, but you can only do one. As far as we know, neither choice completely forecloses pursuing the other girl in the future, but it may have some impact and you'll definitely miss one scene or the other.

A lesser version of that involves Bella's much anticipated lewd scene in Episode 6. If the MC did certain actions, the MC will automatically accept her invitation to help clean his room (and then get frisky). If the MC did only the actions leading up to those, Bella will offer to help, but the MC can decline (and note that he did so to avoid anything more happening). If the MC did none of those actions, Bella won't call at all. In that case, Maya & Josy will help the MC clean his room if he's on their path (no lewd scene, though), otherwise he cleans it himself.

There are less clear cut examples, too. For example, forming a relationship with Maya and Josy will lock the MC out of fooling around with Jade, Cathy and/or Quinn later on. The scenes with M&J or the others don't happen simultaneously (and a number of people here complain about the restriction), but it effectively forks the content. Similarly, MCs who go on that date with Jill will automatically decline a few opportunities for sex with side-girls near the end of the episode (assuming he would have triggered those opportunities otherwise).
Thanks again. Good to know the game improves on the early episodes in this area.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: DavDR

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Thanks again. Good to know the game improves on the early episodes in this area.
No problem. I've enjoyed the branching (with a few caveats), so I'm curious to see where it goes. (Sigh. Patience is hard sometimes.)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Lily wants to take a selfie with me while I suck my tongue. If I agree, will it hurt my relationship with Josy and Maya?
You literally can't choose to help Lily if you're in a relationship with M&J. You also can't choose to help if you're not a DIK either, so if you're able to choose to help, your M&J relationship is already platonic anyway. If you do help Lily, the only thing that comes from it (other than raising or lowering your DIK score) is that Lily will remember you helped her.

Kananartans

Dec 19, 2019
You literally can't choose to help Lily if you're in a relationship with M&J. You also can't choose to help if you're not a DIK either, so if you're able to choose to help, your M&J relationship is already platonic anyway. If you do help Lily, the only thing that comes from it (other than raising or lowering your DIK score) is that Lily will remember you helped her.
I'm using cheat mod. That might be the reason. In that case, it won't hurt anything if I accept Lily.

Btw, thank you for your quick answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'm using cheat mod. That might be the reason. In that case, it won't hurt anything if I accept Lily.

Btw, thank you for your quick answer.
Just checked, you're right, the cheat mod removes the M&J exclusion from the event. You'd still need to be a DIK though, but because it was never designed to happen if you're in a relationship with M&J, it has no impact on it.

I don't mind the idea of the cheat mod showing the impact of various choices, but it's a bit much that it interferes with the execution of the game.

Reactions: Kananartans

Kananartans

Dec 19, 2019
Just checked, you're right, the cheat mod removes the M&J exclusion from the event. You'd still need to be a DIK though, but because it was never designed to happen if you're in a relationship with M&J, it has no impact on it.

I don't mind the idea of the cheat mod showing the impact of various choices, but it's a bit much that it interferes with the execution of the game.
As long as it doesn't mess up my game, I'm fine with that.

Reactions: shazba

aexiel

Sep 5, 2018
Okay DrPinkCake. You got me hooked again. You sure know how to pull at my heartstrings. I spent 10 straight hours playing the latest version after putting it off for so long. I mean, DAMN. I loved Acting Lessons but this is something else! I tried a blind playthrough and played through all current available mini-games and it's leaps and bounds above your previous work. The way you create the scenes have really improved. There were some typos here and there but it happens. I like most of the girls (I don't like Quinn's face, but that body is HOT) but the life you weave into these characters is on par with top notch JP VN. I'd say at the level of Gisaia with the mix of light hearted comedy, love, and tragedy. Well, it's not as gruesome yet like what happened with Acting Lessons, but here with Being A DIK, I could really immerse myself and feel torn on my decisions with specific charactes. I like Maya and Josy's dynamic but I still like Jill's personality. But Quinn is such a b*tch. I'm not completely into Sage's model but I dig her story arc. The music choice is great(although it sometimes awkward when some scenes are completely silent.

I sincerely hope that there will be diverging endings this time like a bad end, good end, true end or harem end based on your choices or how much of a DIK CHICK or neutral you are.

PS I feel guilty about the pre-game disclaimers. HAHA. I was one of the people who didn't like the ending of Acting Lessons, but hey! Not everything has to be a happy ending and I get it. Your stories always get me hooked. Keep up the good work. Your one of my favorite devs.

PPS If a mod sees this, please tell me how to rate/review or point me in the direction of where to find how to use the site's threads.

arkath

Aug 26, 2016
-snip-

PPS If a mod sees this, please tell me how to rate/review or point me in the direction of where to find how to use the site's threads.
Not a mod but there's the star ratings at the top of the page, beside the name and tags of the game to rate it and leave a review.

Reactions: aexiel

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I have another question. The mod adds the "both" option to the game, while there are normally 2 options. When you choose this option, does the game perceive that we have chosen both options? or just one?
Just one, the creator of said mod will usually let you know which option the game will save while allowing you to view both.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I have another question. The mod adds the "both" option to the game, while there are normally 2 options. When you choose this option, does the game perceive that we have chosen both options? or just one?
Just one, the creator of said mod will usually let you know which option the game will save while allowing you to view both.
If you play mutually exclusive scenes it kinda breaks the game. Some immediate flags are set or reset based on the decision, but other flags get set and stay set. Plus any RP points earned on the numerous routes are kept.

An example is, at the DIK party if you choose to go back to see Maya and the mc ends up fingering her, the "Finger Maya" flag is set which has an impact as far down as episode 6. If then, using the mod, you go back and choose to dance with Sage instead, it will clear the flag that indicates you chose Maya over the party, but it will still leave the fingered Maya flag.

I'm not going to go through and debug the entire mod, but it definitely has the potential to mangle the game. You may never realize it has happened though, since some times the effects of these flags are subtle, or something may end up being unlocked that should have been locked and you're none-the-wiser.

Hence why I'm not a fan of the walkthrough mod. It undermines the author's intentions just so completionists can see every scene. Of course everyone has the option to install the mod or not, but it's just not widely publicized as to some of the adverse effects.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes