• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Julles Ra

Aug 12, 2021
At what episode did it end where the "big" end reveal was that our roommate was gay? It's been a two or so years since I played this game.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
At what episode did it end where the "big" end reveal was that our roommate was gay? It's been a two or so years since I played this game.
Which roommate? The original male roommate (Troy) or the female roommate you move on with after the guitar is stolen (Maya)?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There is a several checks in EP6 between the 2 conditions. Each is enough to set up her path. You either going for her early in library and staying at her place (optionally), which sets the deal if scene in pool was done, or the second opportunity - sauna scene. Or later - through accepting her help, which is being escalated to sex in MC room, while skipping all the previous check points except the sauna scene.

And this is interesting, because we hear the famous speech of the MC that he should not have kissed her in the library that day, he should have called for help - only if we decided to visit her in EP3. I mean, we, as players, are missing a very important clue about her path and future branch by getting to her path in such way.

Regarding the rest and the technical details and conditions:

Code:
if ep3_BellaLewd and ep5_bella_lewd:
    $ pathIsabella = True
if ep3_BellaLewd and ep4_bella_lewd:
    $ pathIsabella = True
if ep3_BellaLewd or ep5_bella_lewd:
    $ number_isabella = True
if not pathIsabella:
    mc "(She's so sweet for asking...)"
        menu:
            "Accept" if True:
                $ pathIsabella = True
            "Reject" if True:
                mc "(...but I don't wanna lead her on.)"
                mc "I appreciate the offer, but it's ok. I don't need it."
                $ pathIsabella = False
Visiting her in EP3, then staying with her in EP4 and getting the pool scene OR the sauna scene in EP5 - seals the deal and sets MC on her path automatically, so he accepts her offer with cleaning the room, etc. Otherwise you have to fool around in the sauna with her OR to visit her in the library (while not taking it further until this call happens) to get this call and, accordingly, her path.

So the difference is between getting her path without even knowing it or having a choice to get her path or reject her early.
Passing Chapter 4 at Bella's makes a noticeable difference, otherwise it remains a fairly cringeworthy path.

My point was that anyway, only with Bella can you find yourself in her path without any direct decision

Reactions: Kpyna

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Josy's are not real opportunities to open a relationship, but only whining

the difference is quite obvious...
Speaking of dignity and honesty again. Sage is ok with cheating, even if her bf is an asshole. But it's still a cheating, that she agreed on.

She literally was throwing herself to the MC several times. 2 times, knowing that it would be cheating, and the last time after breaking up with her bf. As the players, we know the situation and understand why it's not really that bad. But we also really like to discuss the personalities of the characters, how they behaves and so on, aren't we? So, we have to take into account that Sage's character doesn't "know" what we know. But it doesn't make an excuse. Because how the character behaves is a primary, while the background is secondary.

Josy? She struggling but she don't want to cheat. We see her feelings through several episodes clearly, but she doesn't cross the line. Maybe until EP10, but it's MC, who "saves" her this time. Thanks to her previous honesty and the way she always behaved before. She showed MC that she don't want to cheat from the beginning, while Sage wanted to involve MC in cheating from the beginning. Difference is that MC helps the Josy and doesn't cheat ever, even in such win-win situation as it was in EP10. While MC is able to accept the Sage's offer, because she showed him that she don't mind at all. It was MC, who was able to decide to try something more, not J&M throwed themselves to him in the library. Josy has problems with decision-making and her desire to please or help everyone even to the detriment of herself, but she has no dignity issues.

Having and experiencing feelings and the pain of not being able to realize them has nothing to do with dignity. Not being able to get rid of such feelings has nothing to do with dignity as well. Just don't forget that this game is telling us the story about 18-21yo boys and girls in the college, mostly. Then, remember how and the way you behaved at such period of your life. A lot of us looks at the game characters, while being in their 30+, experienced, passed through break ups, hardened, growed a thick skin, became more rational and matured. And somehow some of us expecting the 18-21yo to act or pretend like they are 30+. It wouldn't be plausible... just... at all.

Crushes, non mutual love and non realized feelings for someone, all that is SO intense and vivid at the times and age we are dealing with in the game. It explains absolutely all or at least most of. Some of us treasured those memories and feelings they experienced even if it can be painful sometimes. Someone just can't handle it because sometimes those experience consists only of pain but nothing good to remember for. And the rest just hadn't got any feelings or stayed away from all this for different reasons. When you hadn't experienced such feelings, don't have a memories or just don't want to remember all of this - you acting cold and want the game characters to behave in the similar way - to be cold, rational, straightforward. With no regrets, concerns, doubts, etc. But then it's worth looking for a game with 30-40yo characters, and not teenagers who went to college after school and just started their way into adulthood. Otherwise, what's the point?

Following the classical principles, a girl should never take the first step, right? Josy never thrown herself at MC first, she wants and waits badly for this internally, but still doesn't do it. She just shows both subtle and blatantly that she is quite QUITE interested in him. It's the opposite with Sage. We, as players, again, understand why everything is like this, but this does not negate the facts.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Speaking of dignity and honesty again. Sage is ok with cheating, even if her bf is an asshole. But it's still a cheating, that she agreed on.

She literally was throwing herself to the MC several times. 2 times, knowing that it would be cheating, and the last time after breaking up with her bf. As the players, we know the situation and understand why it's not really that bad. But we also really like to discuss the personalities of the characters, how they behaves and so on, aren't we? So, we have to take into account that Sage's character doesn't "know" what we know. But it doesn't make an excuse. Because how the character behaves is a primary, while the background is secondary.

Josy? She struggling but she don't want to cheat. We see her feelings through several episodes clearly, but she doesn't cross the line. Maybe until EP10, but it's MC, who "saves" her this time. Thanks to her previous honesty and the way she always behaved before. She showed MC that she don't want to cheat from the beginning, while Sage wanted to involve MC in cheating from the beginning. Difference is that MC helps the Josy and doesn't cheat ever, even in such win-win situation as it was in EP10. While MC is able to accept the Sage's offer, because she showed him that she don't mind at all. It was MC, who was able to decide to try something more, not J&M throwed themselves to him in the library. Josy has problems with decision-making and her desire to please or help everyone even to the detriment of herself, but she has no dignity issues.

Having and experiencing feelings and the pain of not being able to realize them has nothing to do with dignity. Not being able to get rid of such feelings has nothing to do with dignity as well. Just don't forget that this game is telling us the story about 18-21yo boys and girls in the college, mostly. Then, remember how and the way you behaved at such period of your life. A lot of us looks at the game characters, while being in their 30+, experienced, passed through break ups, hardened, growed a thick skin, became more rational and matured. And somehow some of us expecting the 18-21yo to act or pretend like they are 30+. It wouldn't be plausible... just... at all.

Crushes, non mutual love and non realized feelings for someone, all that is SO intense and vivid at the times and age we are dealing with in the game. It explains absolutely all or at least most of. Some of us treasured those memories and feelings they experienced even if it can be painful sometimes. Someone just can't handle it because sometimes those experience consists only of pain but nothing good to remember for. And the rest just hadn't got any feelings or stayed away from all this for different reasons. When you hadn't experienced such feelings, don't have a memories or just don't want to remember all of this - you acting cold and want the game characters to behave in the similar way - to be cold, rational, straightforward. With no regrets, concerns, doubts, etc. But then it's worth looking for a game with 30-40yo characters, and not teenagers who went to college after school and just started their way into adulthood. Otherwise, what's the point?

Following the classical principles, a girl should never take the first step, right? Josy never thrown herself at MC first, she wants and waits badly for this internally, but still doesn't do it. She just shows both subtle and blatantly that she is quite QUITE interested in him. It's the opposite with Sage. We, as players, again, understand why everything is like this, but this does not negate the facts.
Why are you talking about betrayal? That's not what I said
That both Josy and Sage are unfaithful is beyond doubt.

But the difference is that Sage's proposals lead to something (the only time they don't is in the fifth chapter, in Tybalt's room, where however it is mc automatically saying no precisely because of the betrayal issue, thus giving meaning to the last attempt during the HOTs party when she is finally free of Chad)

While Josy's attempts are not, they are just whining about how they could have been happy, Incidentally, apart from the last one, which in fact I despised less, they are not even Josy's confessions, but basically requests for confirmation from mc.

and the only way to avoid them is to avoid Josy.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Krogan Dude

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
You know the writing is good when you react to fictional characters the way you'd react to a real person. I get emotionally attached when I play the best VNs and this is no exception. I can say, without any hesitation, that I will never play a Quinn path. I hate her guts. She's a sadist and I've been way too close to people like her in my life.

The one thing I wish for in this title is a new character from a mob family through which I could purchase a hit on her. Like I said... full credit to the writer. Well done you. :)
I used to feel the same way about her. Still mostly do, except for the part about putting a contract on her. But if you want a different perspective on Quinn, try this as an experiment:
-Smoke pot with her on the roof during the party (and bang her.)
-Make sure you have DIK affinity by the time she gets mugged. Not status, affinity.
-Choose the option to help her when you meet her after she gets mugged.

You'll gain some insight into why she is the way she is. And in my opinion, it is the best sex scene in the game. Still don't really like her. She is, as you say, a sadist, and that is not an attractive quality. But I sympathize with her more. I'm one of those guys that wants a Quinn redemption arc.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NadaMucho

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Why are you talking about betrayal? That's not what I said
That both Josy and Sage are unfaithful is beyond doubt.

But the difference is that Sage's proposals lead to something (the only time they don't is in the fifth chapter, in Tybalt's room, where however it is mc automatically saying no precisely because of the betrayal issue, thus giving meaning to the last attempt during the HOTs party when she is finally free of Chad)

While Josy's attempts are not, they are just whining about how they could have been happy, Incidentally, apart from the last one, which in fact I despised less, they are not even Josy's confessions, but basically requests for confirmation from mc.

and the only way to avoid them is to avoid Josy.
So, if I got yout point right, then it's ok to cheat and betray if it leads to something in perspective or in a short term. And "whining" or just thinking of "how it would be" things while struggling with desires to cross the line makes you despise such person. If it's correct, then I suppose we just have a very different if not opposite sights on life, dignity and other close things.

In any case, everyone has their own opinion, life experience, their own point of view and the right to defend all this.

And even if I disagree with you, I respect your point of view.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Josy's are not real opportunities to open a relationship, but only whining

the difference is quite obvious...
When has Josy ever whine never, crying doesn't equal whining. So far MC has had just one chance to have a relationship with Josy of course that will change when solo paths opening up

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes