dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Or Derek simply graduate a bit later because he is also stupid
did they go to the same school?
maybe he had a different graduation day :unsure:
I think it's not only Mayas graduation but also Dereks, why would he wear a suit at only hers (think, it's Derek)?
Also, maybe they weren't on the same school, so threir graduation can be on different days.

Twins needn't have the same birthday, if one is born before midnight and the other after, it would be different. Also sometimes there are some days between (very seldom but it happend a few times), maybe Becky is a genius and we all are dumb? (i have to turn the dalli_x mode of earlier ;))
I think it's just a linguistic quirk.

it is Maya who shows the picture for which she is talking about her graduation day, she could have said their day (hers and Derek's), but since Derek was not present she did not.

I don't think Derek often dresses like that....
Alternatively, they went to different schools or Derek graduated at a different time. One of my best friends in highschool graduated about 1/3 into his senior year because he'd packed in so many credits in the first three years.
I just wrote that they are not twins.

MC: "Hey...l didn’t realize that you and Derek are siblings."
Maya: "Yeah, I was going to tell you that back in class."
Maya: "We’re twins." (Maya may have just been joking).

Why I think that. Because after "We are twins" there is a possibility. A Joke or Really?

They went to the same schools. Derek said that in EP8. Also, Derek couldn't graduate later and start college at the same time as Maya. Maya also had to take a bus to her college commencement and walk several times to get all the suitcases to her room before Derek arrived, who then helped her with the final walk. Why didn't they get together? I assume because Derek was already in college and messed up his first semester. Then by the time Maya went off to college it was a vacation and Derek might not have been home.

The suit thing didn't say anything. They're siblings, just not twins.

Reactions: ppwlkr and nyrek

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I just wrote that they are not twins.

MC: "Hey...l didn’t realize that you and Derek are siblings."
Maya: "Yeah, I was going to tell you that back in class."
Maya: "We’re twins." (Maya may have just been joking).

Why I think that. Because after "We are twins" there is a possibility. A Joke or Really?

They went to the same schools. Derek said that in EP8. Also, Derek couldn't graduate later and start college at the same time as Maya. Maya also had to take a bus to her college commencement and walk several times to get all the suitcases to her room before Derek arrived, who then helped her with the final walk. Why didn't they get together? I assume because Derek was already in college and messed up his first semester. Then by the time Maya went off to college it was a vacation and Derek might not have been home.

The suit thing didn't say anything. They're siblings, just not twins.
but it doesn't make sense

if Derek wasn't a freshman, Maya's "lie" wouldn't be enough to hide it
why would Maya then make up this story? to get to 10 false truths and win a stuffed animal?

they graduated the same day at the same school, Maya didn't deny it, she said it was her graduation day, then being Derek's twin and attending the same school, we also know it was Derek's graduation day.

Maya went to college a few days earlier, MC also arrived after her
the college always opens before classes start, everyone goes when they feel like it

if one day Maya said "today is my birthday" would that prove that she does not have a twin?

but then more importantly what would be the point of it all? to absolutely nothing

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I understand what you mean. But considering that Maya and Derek always say "Forever and ever," it's a little illogical to me that Derek would miss Maya's first day of college. So they don't get into college together.

This is an important day for both of them, they come from the same home, so they have the same path and come separately. Strange.
But it's not a big day, it's not the first day of college, it's the first day at college

it may be that Maya was in more of a hurry than Derek to leave home, it may be that Derek was late in making arrangements for the move (it may be that DPC wrote that dialogue lightly)

so much Derek even in your scenario misses Maya's first day at college, being there already, even less sense, he might not have been on the bus but would have been on arrival to greet her, right?

so many simple and mundane explanations

Reactions: ename144

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
But it's not a big day, it's not the first day of college, it's the first day at college

it may be that Maya was in more of a hurry than Derek to leave home, it may be that Derek was late in making arrangements for the move (it may be that DPC wrote that dialogue lightly)

so much Derek even in your scenario misses Maya's first day at college, being there already, even less sense, he might not have been on the bus but would have been on arrival to greet her, right?

Oh Man. It's time for EP9.o_O

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
I understand what you mean. But considering that Maya and Derek always say "Forever and ever," it's a little illogical to me that Derek would miss Maya's first day of college. So they don't get into college together.

This is an important day for both of them, they come from the same home, so they have the same path and come separately. Strange.
Maya said, it took her three trips and Derek went with her on the last one. Maybe he hadn't that much stuff to bring and finally they arrived with ALL their stuff together.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018

I read that part as Maya just having more stuff to take with her and Derek just needing to take like a bag or two because it's Derek. The guy is shirtless most of the time in earlier episodes. I don't think he's the type to bring a lot with him.
Also, I like how you seem to be the only one to take dalli's post seriously. It's like volunteering at the insane asylum and entertaining the patients. :LOL:

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug, Quinn should try to get some for her little store.

There was no update which took just 2 months. Only one update, the very first one, took 3 months. And that update, Episode 2, had roughly half of content the most recent episodes are packing. As the amount of content grew, so did update times, pretty much in step -- where ~2k images and 100 animations took 3 months, 4k images and 200 animations take 6 months. Who would've thought?
It's not, of course, quite so precise a calculation - the GPU's DPC uses now are considerably more capable than what he started with. One can hope he will be upgrading to 4090's after this update, or even some commercial rendering GPUs (A6000? Is there a 40 series version yet?) But along with faster GPU's, the scope of their vision keeps getting bigger as well, which is fine with me.

Reactions: zarachi
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes