Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
The game universe is not identical to ours and resembles the US of the George W. Bush era , although the calendar is about the present. There is no cancel culture - feminists don't get expelled from college for trolling and can be argued with, promoting conservative views without the risk of persecution. Free speech is okay. Chad and Troy, Maya and Josy hide their relationship because same-sex couples are still condemned in their world. No one is fighting the "frat boys culture" - frats live and thrive, unlike our US, where they are subject to restrictions.
BaDIK is our world with the culture of the early 00s.
So back when things where great or at least good :p

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
There's no shame in recognizing the flaws of a product you like and wanting it to be better.
I don't see the problem with criticisms. Though, I don't really care too much about how good or bad the writing is for BADIK. It's one of those games where it hits all the right notes for me. As long as there are no egregious grammar/spelling errors and the overall tones are communicated then I'm just fine.
Finding and acknowledging flaws in a product is fine too but I don't see the point in going on and on about it as if you dislike the game. If I find something in a game that I don't like that leads me to disliking the game to that extent then I just leave a bad review and drop it.
I mean even if DPC still lurks on this forum sometimes, it's not like he's going to respond well to someone leading with his writing being terrible.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
join them to visit the Burkes at the end of Episode 8
Just a little correction that is Sage who asks MC to go with them meet her parents. Even if players are in MJ path. And there is a choice to make MC said that he will go because Sage is ask him to go or because of Maya.

Reactions: rocopc

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Just a little correction that is Sage who asks MC to go with them meet her parents. Even if players are in MJ path. And there is a choice to make MC said that he will go because Sage is ask him to go or because of Maya.
I am aware. But whether or not Sage requested his presence, I very much doubt an MC who was flat out rejected by Maya and Josy would accompany them (unless he was on Sage's branch instead, I suppose). Trying to "just be friends" with them in that particular circumstance is a recipe for disaster, even if he still cares for them. Hell, especially if he still cares for them.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Popular = good. Yeah. I guess 50 shades of gray is one of the greatest novels of all time.:rolleyes:
It'll depend on your definition of "greatest". It wouldn't be very hard to argue few "novels of all time" can claim having as much impact on sexual practices of average people as this one did. Mainly due to its popularity, yes.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The saddest part of it being somewhat popular (Not actually in the top 20 or anything) is that it is BDSM as written by someone who overheard a conversation about a TV show about a book that said the word BDSM

So I doubt it added much to sexual practices.
It had allegedly doubled number of recorded ER visits due to bdsm-related accidents not long after gaining popularity, because as you note it's not any good at conveying proper ways one should go about it. What i meant by impact was that it evidently caused tons of people to actually experiment with these concepts (and without doubt many, many more to even consider and/or discuss them) when they otherwise wouldn't.

To drag it back kicking and screaming somewhat back on topic, it's something no AVN can really claim, Being a DIK included. /s

marcomemmey

Apr 14, 2020
I didnt really understand this part, after MC goes to Bella's house to talk to Cathy, why exactly did Jill and Bella have that little fight and Jill had to sleep in the sofa with MC?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I didnt really understand this part, after MC goes to Bella's house to talk to Cathy, why exactly did Jill and Bella have that little fight and Jill had to sleep in the sofa with MC?
It's never explained in game, at least up to this point.

Popular guess is Jill has humped Bella in her sleep, kind of like she can do it with MC, and Bella didn't appreciate it very much.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes