Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
No numbers for statics this week; I suppose the full numerical monty was too good to last. But we did get animation numbers and those are by far the more important. So I'm not going to complain.

DPC completed 12 animations this week, bringing his overall average up to roughly 7.6 animations per week since the Interlude launched. He also posed 16 animations and adjusted the estimated target up slightly to 316. If you prefer the visual format, here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, the render rate did increase, but the target number increased slightly as well. We're now looking at completing the final animations in the second half of November, just about where we were last week. I'd say that makes a December release extremely likely. There's always the possibility of it being a little early (or a little late), but I think things are starting to stabilize.. If we're lucky DPC will keep up the numbers so we'll know which way things are going down the home stretch.

As for the update itself, I'm definitely glad DPC is enthusiastic, that's what we want to see in a game with so many chapters left to write. But as I recall DPC was quite excited about Episode 7 and Episode 8 as they were nearing completion. Episode 7 was fantastic and Episode 8 was a big letdown (IMHO, obviously), so I think I'm going to keep my expectations in check and see what we get, when we finally get it.
I can't even imagine that someone does not like the latest episodes, for me Episode 7 and 8 are great. The game has grown a lot in quality, both visually and in narrative. Maybe someone didn't like that DPC gave the player an ultimatum in Episode 8 - choose your MG or not at all. This gameplay decision may cause dissatisfaction among some players, I agree.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Sage is a main LI, arguably she's THE main LI as she's the only LI you can get on DIK, CHICK or NEUTRAL affinity. If she's one of your two favourite girls then I don't know how you managed not to have her as a choice at end of ep 8.

You don't have to redo the interlude, you can skip it with just a single decision to make Zoey CHICK (don't throw phone) or DIK (throw phone).

There's been no confirmation as to whether there's endings for the secondary LIs but there is still an option for others at the end of ep 8 so there's still a possibility of endings for the likes of Nicole, Quinn, Cam, Lily and Rio.
Maybe a typo/brain fart?

Agreed, Sage is indeed THE main LI. She's also related in one way or another with almost all characters in all the events that have happened so far: Jade, Tybalt, Burke, Quinn, Chad, helping Maya with the loan thing, etc. At the same time, up until ep 8 you can still be with almost anyone else you want guilt-free. Not just about all the side characters either. If you want to actually experience the feel of a college game then Sage is the only path to take. Not like Jill who lives in her own world hanging out with her yuppie friends, Bella who's far older, Maya who's got her own circumstances going on that sucks up all the fun, and Josy who's caught up in that vortex of suck. Like you said, Sage is the only main LI that can you get on any affinity which means you can still play the game multiple times from different perspectives all while being on her path.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Do you think the blue hair will be a blue ball until the end of the season? Trying to pretend she is your friend and she totally didn't come back to get your DNA? Or immediate cheap drama, as in kiss you in front of Sage, since obviously you are a man of culture and you picked Sage at the end of last season. :cool:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Do you think the blue hair will be a blue ball until the end of the season? Trying to pretend she is your friend and she totally didn't come back to get your DNA? Or immediate cheap drama, as in kiss you in front of Sage, since obviously you are a man of culture and you picked Sage at the end of last season. :cool:

the weak point will always be MC, who, however, even if he is in "others" will be shocked by Zoey's reappearance.
I really believe that at least until the end of the third season we will not have a chance to define the relationship with Zoey

MC will stay with the LI he chose but he will think about Zoey, meet Zoey and think about his LI. then eventually he will have to choose and based on whether he put milk or lemon in his tea at some point in the story (or another choice of the same level of importance) he may be accepted or rejected

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
the weak point will always be MC, who, however, even if he is in "others" will be shocked by Zoey's reappearance.
I really believe that at least until the end of the third season we will not have a chance to define the relationship with Zoey

MC will stay with the LI he chose but he will think about Zoey, meet Zoey and think about his LI. then eventually he will have to choose and based on whether he put milk or lemon in his tea at some point in the story (or another choice of the same level of importance) he may be accepted or rejected
Not gonna lie, as much as I like Zoey, I will absolutely hate it if MC independent of player choice is in doubt, after moving on in less then 3 months to Josephine. It will be the cheapest of cheap dramas, telenovela writers will probably sue and hurt DPC's business over this weak sauce.

Edit. I am not dismissing first love nostalgia/doubts, those are ok, we've all been there, but we haven't thrown away our proper relationship with the local striper because of it. :sneaky:

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
On the subject of face-sitting, people seem to be overlooking a very valid possibility of Zoey-Sage pairing. Sage evidently doesn't mind watching MC fuck other girls, and she can bond with Zoey over getting guitar lessons from Fuckface. Plus, blue/orange is classic color pairing few artists can resist :whistle:

Reactions: Ilhares

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
On the subject of face-sitting, people seem to be overlooking a very valid possibility of Zoey-Sage pairing. Sage evidently doesn't mind watching MC fuck other girls, and she can bond with Zoey over getting guitar lessons from Fuckface. Plus, blue/orange is classic color pairing few artists can resist :whistle:
Apparently its one of the October customs, but you are too cheap to spare a measly 75$ for our enjoyment (n)

• Sad
Reactions: ffive

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Not gonna lie, as much as I like Zoey, I will absolutely hate it if MC independent of player choice is in doubt, after moving on in less then 3 months to Josephine. It will be the cheapest of cheap dramas, telenovela writers will probably sue and hurt DPC's business over this weak sauce.
in the next chapter they will meet, we don't know when, probably after the halloween party, so toward the end of the chapter.

to me it seems impossible it will be resolved with a "no, thank you, as if I agreed."
so then (either in the ninth or tenth) there will be a moment of clarification, where Zoey will explain to him why she ghosted him at one point, MC will probably apologize for believing Emma's post...

at which point MC will take his pause for thought, with the eventual LI wanting to give him space to decide, as Zoey is such an important figure in his life
the chosen LI will probably interact directly with Zoey (with her clothes on :ROFLMAO: ) in a moment of female solidarity like that between Jill and Josy in the bathroom

I don't see many alternatives, of course it will be quite ridiculous in the case of an MC who didn't choose anyone or was discarded at the last minute by Jill, but we'll see, at leisure next year

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

Edit. I am not dismissing first love nostalgia/doubts, those are ok, we've all been there, but we haven't thrown away our proper relationship with the local striper because of it. :sneaky:
If we assume that BaDIK is a multiverse, then in one of the variations (saves) Tremolo will restore relations with Zoey. It's possible.

UPD:
Hell, if you think about it, the BaDIK timeline is incredibly huge and branched, and 10 saves for all possible options will not be enough. This scheme I made is quite primitive and only takes into account the choice of girls, ignoring for the most part the key DIK/CHICK points. This game is huge.
It's very possible to go back to Zoey if you were rejected by one of your MGs.

madness.png

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes