Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
To a point, but somehow I don't feel remotely compelled to listen to the generation that ate tide pods or thinks horse dewormer is a cure human disease. ;)

While there are some quite capable, talented, and truly insightful younger people in the world, all I've seen after the internet gave "everybody" a voice was that the majority of people are stupid and wrong. ;)

I won't deny the special effects (and some of the fight choreography) improved, but the overall plot and scripts? No. Not even remotely. Best move this to the bar rather than continue any further here, though. Don't want to wind up like Shazba.

I didn't say Lucas had anything to do with the sequels, I specified prequels. I pointed out the sequel series being bad because they had no script at all before they started. That's absolutely on Disney. Personally, I think that was the universe getting even with me yet again, because when I heard GL had sold the franchise I said "Oh, thank fuck, I don't think anybody could do worse than those last few he put out." Well.. more fool me!

And overall, the interlude was kinda shit, but it was content we were going to be subjected to either way. The import code had to be worked on and made solid, and we were going to get more Z flashbacks, so now everything is back up to speed. Except for the next episode release date, apparently.

edit: Apparently I did say 'sequel', that was a typo on my part, apologies.
On the plus side it can't get any worse ... maybe .. ;)

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Nah it's all 4900 renders and 300 animations of MC and Bella shag-destroying her house and the DIK mansion. :Kappa:
And the best part: He can just steal all the poses from an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where she and Spike do exactly that. Except with Bella it might actually be believable, she hasn't unleashed the full strength of her libido on the MC yet and we know it. That boy is doomed.

Dekkass

Sep 17, 2022
What is clear is that DPC has made the same mistake of most of the devs at certain level: too many characters and branches. So, after roughly a year of waiting for the update, at the end, nobody is going to be really happy with the amount of attention given to their favorite Li and are going to hate even more their hated Lis, because the time and work that DPC can dedicate to every character is limited. A lot of people is going to say "only two scenes of my beloved X... and that bitch of Y and that bitch of Z that I don't care at all, get two scenes each, not to talk about new random characters that get attention too!!!! Fuck you DPC, all that waiting for almost nothing again!"

It's going to be a big update, but is not going to really satisfy almost nobody, except fanboys. A lot of characters and branches are great if the dev runs a studio with several employees and can deliver frequent updates. But if a dev works alone, that strategy is suicide.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
And the best part: He can just steal all the poses from an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where she and Spike do exactly that. Except with Bella it might actually be believable, she hasn't unleashed the full strength of her libido on the MC yet and we know it. That boy is doomed.
What a way to go. :Kappa:

Reactions: PappaSchlumpf

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
What is clear is that DPC has made the same mistake of most of the devs at certain level: too many characters and branches. So, after roughly a year of waiting for the update, at the end, nobody is going to be really happy with the amount of attention given to their favorite Li and are going to hate even more their hated Lis, because the time and work that DPC can dedicate to every character is limited. A lot of people is going to say "only two scenes of my beloved X... and that bitch of Y and that bitch of Z that I don't care at all, get two scenes each, not to talk about new random characters that get attention too!!!! Fuck you DPC, all that waiting for almost nothing again!"

It's going to be a big update, but is not going to really satisfy almost nobody, except fanboys. A lot of characters and branches are great if the dev runs a studio with several employees and can deliver frequent updates. But if a dev works alone, that strategy is suicide.
So I don't wanna be critical, but... actually no, I'm gonna be critical:

"Too many branches" - you don't even know how he's handling this. He could have an generic story with interspersed choice LI scenes, or he could have 4-5 very different stories all running now. There's a good chance that all these branches will just be scenes with the LIs that are interspersed with the main story, just like he's been doing all along, and it's worked fine so far.

"So, after roughly a year of waiting for the update". It'll possibly be less than 10 months. So given how much everyone's crying about the Interlude taking a couple of months, it seems like a couple of months is a lot of time, therefore rounding up the development time estimate by a couple of months is a hugely inaccurate thing to do.

"nobody is going to be really happy with the amount of attention given to their favorite Li" - Has that been the case so far? Because each episode so far has given each LI somewhat equal treatment, and there aren't huge grievances regarding this.

"because the time and work that DPC can dedicate to every character is limited" - Well it's not is it, that's why it's taken him almost 10 months to complete the episode.

"only two scenes of my beloved X" - The only time people complained about the lack of scenes was (that I'm aware of), when Sage got no solo scene in the last episode unless you didn't tell her about Chad.

"It's going to be a big update, but is not going to really satisfy almost nobody, except fanboys" - because smaller updates up until now, which have had to exact same obstacles to overcome (i.e. providing enough content for each LI to satisfy the players) haven't managed to satisfy anyone? How come suddenly when he's spending more time on the game he can't satisfy people? This doesn't make any sense at all.

"But if a dev works alone, that strategy is suicide." - because for the last 4 years DPC's just been delivering less and less, slowly disappearing into obscurity... Not.

Nothing you've said seems to be hinged on the reality of this game and the developer's history.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Oh really, go and count ep 6 with 19 scenes or ep 4 with 18 scenes so stop hyping up this shit... ep 8 had 16 scenes so wow 2 more scenes for ep 9... what an improvement:KEK:
Nothing justifies allmost a year of development...
It wasn’t a year of development. It has been eight months, and will probably end up at nine months.

Reactions: PappaSchlumpf

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
It's a generational thing. When I was a teen and the prequels was released all the old Star War fans were trashing the prequels and saying the original was the best. Nowadays, teens and young guys sayd that the sequels are trash and that the prequel is as good or even better than the original. I am sure than in 10 years the kids of this days are going to say that the sequels are better than the prequels and the original. They will point out how ridicoulus are the special effects of the originals and how ugly was the CGI of the prequels And we will hear them and ask ourselfs what the fuck is wrong with the new generations.
This. And it is as it should be.

But the truth is, Andor is fucking amazing, and everyone who likes Star Wars at ALL should be watching Andor.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I watch the first three EP but was hard to follow, I like Kenobi a lot and looking forward to Mando and Ahsoka
Don’t give up on Andor. You haven’t even met most of the cast yet, and there is a good reason it is getting the best reviews for Star Wars in, at very least, decades. It isn’t a full on action show, but a political and spy thriller, and there are multiple people involved who should win an Emmy for their work. It takes it’s time for the build up, but oh, when it gets there….

Reactions: Darkwen

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Don’t give up on Andor. You haven’t even met most of the cast yet, and there is a good reason it is getting the best reviews for Star Wars in, at very least, decades. It isn’t a full on action show, but a political and spy thriller, and there are multiple people involved who should win an Emmy for their work. It takes me it’s time for the build up, but oh, when it gets there….
I'll have to keep it in mind besides need something to watch waiting for ep9

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
I'm a bit confused about the recent status update. Was the teaser supposed to be surprising or encouraging? It's just a picture showing that the new episode will have 18 scenes. Is that supposed to be impressive? It's been a year since episode 8 came out, will probably end up being 13 months when released, and that's it? Even going by the Interlude, it took 9 months to develop, which is 2 months longer than episode 8 and I'm pretty sure episode 8 also had around 18 scenes. Hell, one of the previous episodes had 19.

I'm not even disappointed, I'm sure he put a lot of work into the story, Halloween party, and branching events, I'm just confused why he put this post out acting like the teaser was gonna be exciting.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes