TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
im not saying she is a cop, more like a informer or something
i dont think it will be but would be funny
If you're a police informant, you're probably not allowed to commit felonies. She's running a drug and prostitution ring. The only way she is getting out of that is turning State witness.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
The electricity didn't go out earlier in the day, it went out a few hours before the party finished by which time everyone and especially Derek was so pissed, he probably couldn't see shit plus the light most probably wouldn't have been turned off until he went to bed, that's even if he took himself to bed and someone didn't carry him there and just turned the light off as they left.

The electricity going out probably reset the camera and it's waiting to be reconnected to whatever Wi-Fi network it's connected to, which is why it was flashing, the same way a digital alarm clock flashes when it resets.
I want to preface my comment by saying I don't think this explanation is dumb, wrong, or unlikely, but I just don't get how someone would think the battery running out is less likely comparatively. There's quite a bit of mental gymnastics you had to go through there to explain why Derek wouldn't see it before going to bed. It's not an insane amount of mental gymnastics, no, but like of the two prevailing theories, one requires you to draw up a scenario where a DIK brother is carrying Derek because he's too drunk, doesn't notice the blinking light himself, and Derek is still sober enough to be irritated by a light after being carried upstairs, whereas the other requires you to say "Yeah the battery ran out". I mean... Occam's Razor.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
I'm fairly certain we see Vinny outside just before the Preps turn up and that is just after the power is restored. I don't think Vinny was looking for anything in particular in the MCs room, I think he was in there for nostalgic reasons and does what he always does and starts trashing shit.
I think Vinny being outside after the power is restored is even more reason to believe he wasn't the one who messed with the lights, at least personally. As far as Vinny being in MC's room, I agree, although I think there's a more likely chance that him "being in there for nostalgic reasons" is a misdirection for him actually being in there to find something than the chance that Vinny being outside after the power is restored is a misdirection from him being inside before the power goes out.

Reactions: dav3knight

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I want to preface my comment by saying I don't think this explanation is dumb, wrong, or unlikely, but I just don't get how someone would think the battery running out is less likely comparatively. There's quite a bit of mental gymnastics you had to go through there to explain why Derek wouldn't see it before going to bed. It's not an insane amount of mental gymnastics, no, but like of the two prevailing theories, one requires you to draw up a scenario where a DIK brother is carrying Derek because he's too drunk, doesn't notice the blinking light himself, and Derek is still sober enough to be irritated by a light after being carried upstairs, whereas the other requires you to say "Yeah the battery ran out". I mean... Occam's Razor.
If someone carried Derek to his room, they may well have been drunk as well and the light was on, then he left, people usually turn lights of as they walk through the door as that's normally where the light switch is.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
If it was totally random, I could have just flipped tails on a quarter instead of heads. But I didn't, I flipped heads. That's not a highly unlikely situation, that's how things work...
That's using logic, something i try to do as well in this situation, but i think Derek finding the camspy smoke detector, is part of a bigger picture.

The Jocks blackmail, the Cathy cluck, the mysterious black box, the power off, the Jade vid, the spycam smoke detector....
All these things are connected.... Vinnie is the mastermind and executioner, perhaps (by now most likely) he was behind the trashing of the Dik mansion.... So is it really random Nick's room wasn't trashed, while every other room was a mess? We still mis info and i can agree with you we need to look at all these things critically, but since these facts all seem to be connected we should look at them from the bigger perspective.

This episode is the first we actually see Vinnie at the party and in the Dik mansion, the party before we know somebody took the laptop and money from the safe... Now we see Vinnie trying to open the safe.... Last time the laptop was left in the library, this time Vinnie is looking for something there....

If we start dismissing events that are connected in this storyline because of "it's possible just random" we are excluding possible hints aswell.... So i prefer to keep looking for explanations that fit the complete picture. If i can't find any acceptable explanation okay, sure no problem, more info in later episodes might fill gaps in this theory....

But i'm convinced we will get closer to see Vinnie's influence each new episode.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I think Vinny being outside after the power is restored is even more reason to believe he wasn't the one who messed with the lights, at least personally. As far as Vinny being in MC's room, I agree, although I think there's a more likely chance that him "being in there for nostalgic reasons" is a misdirection for him actually being in there to find something than the chance that Vinny being outside after the power is restored is a misdirection from him being inside before the power goes out.
He may have well been in the MCs room looking for something, maybe even a small server where all the video is downloaded to from the camera/s (as we really don't know at this time how many cameras there are), but my guess is the cameras are more to do with Burke than Vinny.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My post :

Normally a fire detector works on batteries, however i doubt batteries are an option when there's a camera in there....
Possibly it's connected to the electricity network and it got an error due to main power switch off at the party....
Only explanation that's somewhat valid since running out of batteries that exact moment seems highly unlikely.

Your answer :

Next :

My argument : since running out of batteries that exact moment seems highly unlikely.

Your answer : it just happened to go off while Derek was in the room sleeping, which I could only assume is at least 1/3 of the time (8 hours out of 24)... Thats actually pretty damn likely lol.

Perhaps that is why this discussion seems te derail somewhat, no offense ;)

Good point indeed and yes, i still think it's highly unlikely this camera batteries running low exactly that moment....
One possibility that comes to mind is the spycam works on movement so Derek activated it when entering his room.
These devices use wifi to send pictures to a storage, due to earlier power down possibly the router needs a reset....

The story needs to make sense, we have known there's a blackmailer, we have known there's a hidden camera in Derek's room, we know Vinnie switched the power off, was looking for something in MC's room, then camera is found by Derek...
All these things are connected and there is a logical explanation as to why and when everything happened like this....
It would be really sloppy explaining from DPC if the camera just went off since batteries low if you know this has been awaited for that long..... If it was totally random DPC could have let Derek find that camera in the start of episode 10...
Or i'm just hoping it makes sense lol, i dunno..
On the rest I also quite agree, but on the point in bold: the fact that it is at the end of the chapter does not necessarily mean that it is important, it means that DPC wants it to be noticed.

In fact I would say that statistically it should be no big deal

Reactions: buggs

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Of course not. It's a joke. But for Dawe, it's a reason to be proud. And the child is most likely Jacob's. I think so. It's just that the paternity of anyone else will not be so obvious. And this event should be comical.
I'm not so sure about the proud part. In my game Dawe says nothing, he is sad and stares at the skeleton wearing the Jocks jacket hanging from the gallows. Dark times are coming :rolleyes:.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
It's called a CI. A criminal informant. She actually could be doing everything she is and still be working for the cops. I doubt it, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.
A CI is already a criminal and is only used when they need information. So far, she is just a dealer. If they use her in the future, that is something else. That is what I expect they do in order to arrest the head of drugs traffic and prostitution. That was what I actually meant in my first comment prior to the one you replied.

Also what this guy said:

turning State witness.
That is another use for her.

Or she can just stop dealing before she gets caught lol.

Reactions: Zareem

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Maybe I'm a bit of a softie and let Maya win, think she needed it more than Leon.
It seems that everyone who is possible won in my run's: Maya, Josy, Riona, Camila, Zoey, Lily, Bella, Leon. Just didn't play with banana Jill.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You too much overprotective and overreacting for a virtual girlfriend.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jericho85

always86

Mar 19, 2020
A CI is already a criminal and is only used when they need information. So far, she is just a dealer. If they use her in the future, that is something else. That is what I expect they do in order to arrest the head of drugs traffic and prostitution. That was what I actually meant in my first comment prior to the one you replied.

Also what this guy said:

That is another use for her.

Or she can just stop dealing before she gets caught lol.
That’s an interesting idea. Perhaps when you the see the feet behind the ’undercover’ fan that is Quinn getting out of the back. Would still make her quite hatable though given that she’s going to end up ruining her friends lives while protecting herself.

Last edited:

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
He may have well been in the MCs room looking for something, maybe even a small server where all the video is downloaded to from the camera/s (as we really don't know at this time how many cameras there are), but my guess is the cameras are more to do with Burke than Vinny.
What would be the intention burke would have to put cameras inside the DIKs house? So far I don't see a reason for that.
I could see a reason for Vinny to put cameras there though. He still thinks and say he is/was a founder. He seems to have some kind of grudge with the DIKs, and it is also a way of keeping track on the DIKs, but specially on Quinn and tommy's actions.

There were many theories made after ep8 and when ep.9 came out, None of them came to life as I was already expecting to happen. Most time people create theories based on their imagination, without having any clues in the game to support their theories.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
It seems that everyone who is possible won in my run's: Maya, Josy, Riona, Camila, Zoey, Lily, Bella, Leon. Just didn't play with banana Jill.
There is someone who didn't win, I just can't remember who was it right now if it was Nicole or Derek. Or not sure if it was Sarah and Melanie and they make fun of each other. But I remember in one of my gameplay someone MC chose didn't win.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
On the rest I also quite agree, but on the point in bold: the fact that it is at the end of the chapter does not necessarily mean that it is important, it means that DPC wants it to be noticed.

In fact I would say that statistically it should be no big deal
Well, if the spycam smoke detector (it's really called that lol) happened to run out of batteries, it could statistically make no difference. But why is it sending such light signals when low on batteries? Pretty advanced stuff like that should have some power safe mode right? I assume it's doing that since it lost wifi connection rather then being low on battery power.

If the SSD reacted that way as result of the power shutdown, it can point to the mysterious black box being the storage device for the camera. There's storage devices like that with wifi.... If reset is needed from the black box, it's the reason Vinnie is in MC's room.... If the spycam smoke detector works on batteries, it would not matter because the power down would not have led to losing the wifi connection. The box is not plugged into anything, so two appliances on batteries means no wifi disconnect....
Vinnie could have just wanted to collect the data, but it seems plausible he could have known a reset was needed.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
What would be the intention burke would have to put cameras inside the DIKs house? So far I don't see a reason for that.
I could see a reason for Vinny to put cameras there though. He still thinks and say he is/was a founder. He seems to have some kind of grudge with the DIKs, and it is also a way of keeping track on the DIKs, but specially on Quinn and tommy's actions.

There were many theories made after ep8 and when ep.9 came out, None of them came to life as I was already expecting to happen. Most time people create theories based on their imagination, without having any clues in the game to support their theories.
Why not Burke, he has his own house bugged.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes